techno

CdCase123

Reaction score

genghis braun

Reaction score
that alarm will sound album was a huge disappointment for me. don't cover aphex twin songs at all because you can't make the songs any better than they already are.

/$00.02

UrbanNokizaru

Reaction score
Website
ninjabikeslut.tumblr.com
I've really been into Drum and Bass lately. I like how it is very soothing while being really fast paced at the same time. Makes me think of a guy racing a car at ridiculous speeds while remaining calm. Other than that I've poked around a bit with electronic stuff, I like the clubbier stuff for dancing and things with a more hip hop feel to just chill. A while ago when I was into computers and hacking and programming all I listened to was techno.

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I had a serious IDM/electronic stage one time. I'm not into any particular artists right now, aside from Joy Electric, Imogen Heap. I can generally get into most IDM/ambient/glitch/jungle/retro/circuit-bent/toy-pop stuff, provided it's quality, and doesn't have that amateur "euro" sound akin to a lot of trance music.

Rash L

Reaction score
darkcore yay!

is that what its called? I have no idea about any of this genre. Some of my ex's went to raves when they were younger (some just to sell things like dirty socks on necklaces for WAY too much money to drugged out kids) and they have introduced me to random bits and pieces of music. I dont know too much about any of this.... though I think it would be cool to go to a rave someday, if nothing else then just to be able to say I finally did it.

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
I don't know enough about this genre to list artist names...but I have been to a few raves back in the day and this type of music is ok. I can't listen to it all the time...but I go thru phases where I like it. Prolly because I'm from an industrial background (which often includes beats that have a techno influence).

But from what i've heard...I really like Jungle the best. House can be somewhat repetitive...

Can anyone reccomend some good jungle for me?

mbgeorge

Reaction score
I always thought techno sounded like robots fucking... and the fucking robots usually sound pretty angry!

bicycle

Reaction score
I am not a fan of techno.
But from time to time i can enjoy goatrance raves in squats or outdoor and same goes for teKno or breakcore.

xmaggotx

Reaction score
let me preface this by saying that as a rule, i cant stand techno. my sister and her baby daddy are ravers, and constantly play that drum and bass shit when im at their place, and it drives me nuts. that being said, i've been known to occasionally listen to infected mushroom, hallucinogen, and shpongle stuff... slagsmalsklubben is good, but bondage fairies are better....other than that, cant really hang. but to each their own

Tare

Reaction score
I think alot of peoples problem with electronic music is usually the lack of lyrics and/or it' foucs on the rhythm(usually), but the whole purpose of it is to induce trance states through dancing, it's something ancient in humans, nothing new, repetition creates trance state, like a mantra. I've been spinning and making music since i was 14, im 26 now, mostly drum and bass, mostly dark and techstep, as well as ragga, and idm type shit, pretty much all detroit shit, electro, deep house, garage, 2 step, been gettin into this ambient dubstep shit of late

farmer john

Reaction score
technofest 2010 in detroit is gunna be off the hook a new promoter pxhaua? took it over last year and it was bangen with a capital bang

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Burial is indeed great, that album is very seemless and groundbreaking, I'd say. But I think explaining saying electronic music is meant to induce trances is like saying that acoustic music is meant to induce concern for the environment. Acoustic and electronic are just the nature of certain instruments, which can be arranged and played thousands of ways, into many different genres (which are classified by beats, meaning you could have both electronic rock and acoustic rock). I think you made a bad transition from talking about electronic music into "trance" music.

There is a world of genres within "electronic." I've heard purely electronic music apply itself to rock, jazz, bossa nova, noise, hardcore, dnb, indie-style stuff, etc.

I think some people dislike electronic music because they're not hearing the right stuff, or they prefer "natural" sounds that come from acoustic guitars. I regularly dig new music, and though I like most of the artists I've heard of from this thread, I own almost no electronic music, because it's just not my favorite, and I feel like when I'm 50 I'm not gonna be into it anymore.

But seriously, good choice on the Burial.

Tare

Reaction score
Paxahua have been throwing parties for quite a while. Detroit Electronic Music Fetival's been through some shitty changes. Like the year the city took over and turned the water off in the bathrooms, and people were passing out from the heat, but iv'e been there every year since the beginning, ( 2001) i think, so i'll be there this year as well. You guys can catch me in the breakdancing circles hurting peoples feelings lol.

Tare

Reaction score
Obviously the nature of a synthesizer is to make electronic based sound, hence classifying it as electronic music, but as you say, can be classified thousands of ways. Technically when your listening to electric guitar, it's electronic. Hip hop is electronic, but wouldn't be considered so. But the point i was really getting at is that humans have always, used rhythm based music for the purpose of inducing higher conciousness, trance, etc., and i think alot of the "rave" scene was centered around that originally, getting people together and putting them on the same wave length through dancing.Thats my experience at least, I grew up, playing African drums, which segued into my obsession with electronic music and dancing, because there was that parallel there of everyone, from the dancers, to the drummers feeling eachother and becoming sensitive and aware of eachother and the energetic connection being made. Yeah some people just don't like the actually sounds. And yea, most people prolly hear pop crap when they do hear it. I think also in this society theres a negative conotation with it, ya know, shitty music that drug addicts listen to. Yeah Burial's my shit. Heres and article to extropolate what im to inept to communicate http://www.erowid.org/spirit/dancing/dancing.shtml

Tare

Reaction score
Hey Bumjug, heres some anti-authoritarian shit for ya, found this mix while searching a song which is the first. Guy sucks at mixin, but they are good tracks. the first to which i refer is Evol Intent, from atlanta, there ae vocal samples here and there but the message is clear

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads