xbocax

Reaction score
if its in cali Im up to help get it goin :]

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
If you ever do get it set up I will totally come visit and help out with projects.

xbocax

Reaction score
PM me and we shall converse more about it I've been wanting to make something like this for quite a while and with the summer coming up i will have a good 2 months free

xbocax

Reaction score
or just carry it on here haha idk why i put that

compass

Lost
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be down to help out with projects, I have similar plans of my own, and am sure there's several people here that do as well, maybe we can start a network or something. Kind of hard to make a commitment to live with folks you've never met before though, of course. Start learning primitive/wilderness skills and permaculture. If you want to do it in California I'd be looking to the north.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
I would be careful where you're tromping around in the woods in NorCal, some farmers up in them woods don't take kindly to such things.

Reactions: JackieBlue

compass

Lost
Reaction score
I would be careful where you're tromping around in the woods in NorCal, some farmers up in them woods don't take kindly to such things.

Yup, a very real possibility to take into consideration, in Big Sur too, and some other pocket areas, just be smart, and if you find some plants, turn around and walk the way you came. Not only is it the people who own the land, but it's been a big and fast growing problem that the Mexican cartels are sending people into the forests to grow, easier to get people across the border than large amounts of product, and better growing conditions.

BananaPhuck

Reaction score
I have always wanted to build a tree fort community, and just escape from all the shit that society is throwing at us. This sounds amazing, and will be down to help whenever I can, where ever it is. I think we'll need a stream (water, fish, animal gathering) and possibly a cave (cold, used to keep food from spoiling as fast) close by.

P

Pheonix

I'd say you could use my woods but theirs pros and cons to this.
con-1 its not in cali its in central oklahoma
con-2 you need a vehicle to get to town to get supplies and spange, you could try to hitch but I dont think the rednecks out here will pick up a dirty crust kid
con-3 the treehouse idea might not work to good since every couple of years we get a really bad ice storm that does major damage to the trees (just had one in jan.)
con-4 cottonmouth snakes (mean little venomous sons of bitches) but I have a poison sucking kit
pro-1 only police you have to worry about out here in the sheriff and he cant do anything if I'm giving you permission to be on my land
pro-2 my neighbor has a pond (think its spring feed) just on the other side of the fence that drains under the fence onto my property and created a huge ravine running thru the woods
pro-3 already have a fire pit/stove/grill set up as well as one shitter dug
pro-4 currently working on starting some crops
pro-5 also have a half demolished house that still has 4 rooms (just needs a little cleaning and not a bad squat)

CooperBoo

Reaction score
I'd say you could use my woods but theirs pros and cons to this.
con-1 its not in cali its in central oklahoma
con-2 you need a vehicle to get to town to get supplies and spange, you could try to hitch but I dont think the rednecks out here will pick up a dirty crust kid
con-3 the treehouse idea might not work to good since every couple of years we get a really bad ice storm that does major damage to the trees (just had one in jan.)
con-4 cottonmouth snakes (mean little venomous sons of bitches) but I have a poison sucking kit
pro-1 only police you have to worry about out here in the sheriff and he cant do anything if I'm giving you permission to be on my land
pro-2 my neighbor has a pond (think its spring feed) just on the other side of the fence that drains under the fence onto my property and created a huge ravine running thru the woods
pro-3 already have a fire pit/stove/grill set up as well as one shitter dug
pro-4 currently working on starting some crops
pro-5 also have a half demolished house that still has 4 rooms (just needs a little cleaning and not a bad squat)

all the cons don't bother me except the ice storm thing, i don't know about everyone else but i hate ice, and i really want the "treehouse" thing to work out. but maybe if someone on here at real construction experience we could work something out.

i definitely want this thing to be big, and i think the bigger it is the more supported the treehouse will be, we can even make some lower, ground levels to help the rest to be secure. and after that, who knows, maybe the ice wont be a problem.

oklahomas fine with me, and snakes aren't such a big deal

P

Pheonix

as I've been tearing down the house I've been stacking any usable lumber near the woods and here in oklahoma people dump there trash every where so finding building material would not be hard. even I dump my trash in the edge of the ravine to stop the erosion. I've also been told you can turn the red dirt that we have here into adobe bricks (but I dont know how) the winters here are pretty mild that's why we sometimes get ice storms cause it goes back and forth around the frezzing temp when a storm aproches
weather wise we get tornadoes but they dont last very long and the chances of getting hit are very slim but the very strong wind is a normal almost daily thing here. so if you want a treehouse you might want to start at the ground and work your way up.

P

Pheonix

think supplies learn everything you can about living of the land did you read widerstand's post "living in the woods" he does have a point. you need to research how you want to build your treehouse and like I siad earlier your gonna need a vehicle to get to town to spange for supplies. I got the first part taken care of I know a system for turning pond water into drinking water. second thing you need to figure out is how to get food. 3rd thing is shelter most survival books will give you some good ideas of a quick shelter to use while your building your treehouse.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads