Seattle, WA | Squat the Planet

Seattle, WA

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
So what's neat around there? Is there anything I should really check out? I got a little paid trip out here so I get to wander about for a little bit...

bryanpaul

Reaction score
take a ferry over to bainbridge island.... seatle is the most picturesque city ever

Dameon

Reaction score
Pike Place Market and Seattle Center are two tourist standards. Gaswork park has a great view, and is nice to visit. Other than that, you need to be more specific about what kinds of things you're interested in seeing and doing while there. It's a large city. There's lots of neat stuff.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
i dont know if this is really your typ of thing but a bunch of seattle skaters started a diy conrete skatepark in s. seattle its like 10 blocks s. of safeco feild and east on spokane st right before the w seattle bridge...they started building with no permission and out of their own pockets in an otherwise completely unused area.....theyve been slowly building what they can, when they can///// but yeah its lookin pretty sick...and i believe the city has given them permission to keep going...theyve been payin for the project by havin benefit shows and the like...but yeah its also right up the street from a bnsf IM yard....might be worth a walk down there to see what a bunch of skaters have made out of basically nothin...and peep some trains...........................
it's called marginal way skatepark (after the street its on) if you wanna google it or somethin

Shade

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well im currently in seattle and one of my favorite places is Discovery Park, its fucking awesome, lots of secluded places to camp greaat views of the puget sound awesome beaches, caves ,sand dunes, all kinds of shit, gimmie a email maybe me and my girl could show you around shade_allen@yahoo.com

peace

derekja

Reaction score
Sweet.

There's a little monthly DIY pamphlet with events and stuff that you can find around. I know they have them at the wayward (a little vegan cafe on 55th and 9th in the u district.)

One you might enjoy is the really free market this Saturday: http://www.myspace.com/seattlereallyfreemarket

I'm working on a boat down on the South end of Lake Washington by Rainier Beach. If you end up down that way and want to borrow a kayak or something let me know. 206-384-7276.

Derek.

ziggyluscious

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hello all,

I am on the move again !

Going to Washington with my fella.
We are 2 old old punks.
Friendly , clean & sober=drug/alchohol free.
Looking to hook up with peeps
in Washington who don't mind 2 old farts.

We are looking for organized squats,
collectives, shared houses etc.

Between us we are, musicians, creatives, street performers, and more.
Lots of experience with construction, permaculture/gardening, cooking etc.

Do you have space for us or know any people we could hook up with ?

We are also looking to open a house, squat for old old punk bastards like us..
Get in touch if you are interested

Email me at:
lusciousanarchy@hotmail.com

Thanks again !

Linda

codyvega

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i was born there, have visited my dad there several times in the last 5 years and love it. i want to go again and again and again. ive only witnessed the tourist side of things though since i was with my parents, so id really like to experience the rest.

would anyone like to share seattle stories/experiences?

codyvega

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
both times ive visited my dad he has lived in sequim, and we drove to and from each time. so i got to see the forests, towns, and city. i havent seen the outskirts of seattle but ive seen the heart and downtown. i really like the forests and how close to the water everything is. plus the overcast and cool temperatures

Argus

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Although I don't live in Seattle now, I have in the past (although I do live just outside of it).
I personally love Seattle. It's truly one of the most beautiful cities in America. Although I would only suggest coming here in mid-late summer or else all you're going to get is rain and grumpy people with vitamin D deficiencies.

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
Seattle is good, Seattle is great!
Dumpster your food, fill up your plate!
Weather the cold, withstand the rain,
Or you'll grow old, perhaps go insane.
Visit the woods, visit the beach;
It's got all the goods, all within reach.
I like it here, so I might even stay,
It's fine to be queer, this city's so gay.
And they have busses - what fine transportations!
Avoid traffic fusses when you take your vacations.
Yes it's all so fine, just check and you'll see.
Seattle: be mine; I love you, now love me!

Treee

Reaction score
Website
www.squattheplanet.com
Seattle-lights are friendly, but It feels like it is hard to make friends here. There is a lot of hills and some good view points of the city and the sound.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads