Recommend A Song

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
As usual, I am craving new music (or at least something new to me). So, each person should recommend me one track that is good for those times at the side of the road, or on a DS. I want it to sound somewhat cohesive. Think Psalters, Tom Waits, Guthrie, bluegrassy, old country, etc. I'm sure you know what I mean etc. (you can certainly still recommend certain songs by those artists). Please don't recommend me songs by Sum 41, street punk songs, or extreme metal. While it's respectable that you dig that stuff, I do want to be able to compile an album with at least a little bit of focus. Keep in mind that I will not feel guilty about leaving off your track if it's off the map; I'll be doing the same with my music.

If you provide the artist name and the song title, I'll find a place to download it. If you can send an MP3 on SendSpace or YouSendIt or one of those file posting sites, that would be helpful. My email address is stickbugg(AT)gmail(DOT)com.

I'm primarily trying to hear new music, but will organize them into a mix album (or two), and if you guys want in on it, I can make it available.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Try anything by ¡TchKung! or Blackbird Raum.
I can't recommend single songs, ever. Sorry, haha.

wartomods

Reaction score
Dramamine from Modest Mouse might be a little to experimental for some, but it is wonderful

Despite of What You've been Told by Two Gallants thei are amazing live

Reactions: Coywolf

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
OK, um, the idea was to suggest one specific song, by one artists. With a few exceptions, that hasn't been happening. Now, I'm fine with selecting a random song by a given artist, but I do not have time to listen to an entire discography to make that choice, so the selection that ends up on the compilation might be extremely displeasing to you. Also, more than one suggestion per person is gonna add up to quickly.

Please: ONE SPECIFIC SONG, BY ONE ARTIST, PER PERSON. No ORs.

drun_ken

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
so yeah....i cant decide on ONE song ever much less just fer you...pluss it like this....i chose 2 gallents just like that other guy...but i think steady rollen is better than the video he posted....realy one song...fukin music facist...how am i supposed ta limit myself ta one song? ya realy think that i can make that decision......

wartomods

Reaction score
so yeah....i cant decide on ONE song ever much less just fer you...pluss it like this....i chose 2 gallents just like that other guy...but i think steady rollen is better than the video he posted....realy one song...fukin music facist...how am i supposed ta limit myself ta one song? ya realy think that i can make that decision......

Two gallants are amazing, all their songs are amazing, las cruces jail, fail hard to regain, theronody, waves of grain, etc etc etc

Whiteyisacommiefaggot

Reaction score
With the sky as my roof and the Earth as my living
This song has sort of been a staple of mine recently:
"Thinking Straight" by Youth of Today.

wartomods

Reaction score
loose lips....kimya dawson.....
steady rollin...the 2 gallants....
it don't matter....rehab

heard the bold song , liked it a lot

we won't stop until somebody calls the cops
and even then we'll start again and just pretend that
nothing ever happened

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads