Recommend A Song

Fretz

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Jacques Brel !!! Very intense performer , and seemingly a very nice guy off stage judging by interviews - his songs when they not plain silly are very thought provoking - he sings in French and if you don't know the language looking up translations is a very gratifying actvity - In this song he sings about how those who profess to abore middle class "bourgeois" and make fun of there values over time somehow often become them ...

Erable

Aspiring journeyman
Reaction score
Vashti Bunyan had some beautiful music, she has been called the grandmother of freak folk, maybe that'd be up your alley
And IDK if anyone has recommended the yet, but The Pesky Alders were pretty cool. Their music is free on bandcamp, and they have a pretty cool bluegrass/folk sound, but it's a tinge... punky I guess? It has an edge seldom seen in a lot of bluegrass/folk
Give 'em a try, good luck!

Reactions: birdsonthebat

Hylyx

Reaction score

Moxy Fruvous- rad crazy Canadian cats.

Reactions: Erable and Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
lets play some nintendo :D

L

L Intrepid

Look up the artists 21 Pilots. They're a great indietronica pop rap duo. Check out their songs Ode to Sleep, Migraine, and Holding On To You. You won't regret looking 'em up :)

Erable

Aspiring journeyman
Reaction score
This

Moxy Fruvous- rad crazy Canadian cats.

This is one of those songs that gives me goosebumps.
I feel a nostalgia for a time I missed. Beautiful, good choice.
*not that anyone asked for my opinion, but fuck it, it's only praise*

Reactions: Hylyx

Hylyx

Reaction score
Pretty much anything that Current 93 does. here's one of their many, many albums.

This and Thunder Perfect Mind are 2 of my favorites, though. Best enjoyed in the dark and as loud as you can stand it. Altered states are a plus.

Renegade

Reaction score
Lost dog street band - carry on. Also check out a song by them called till im gone.

Annoying is also a really good band from canada, i like wishing well its good song and also check out "my lesson" its a pretty bad ass song as well.

https://www.reverbnation.com/annoying

Last edited:
Reactions: EliV

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads