Recommend A Song | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Recommend A Song

sleep

Reaction score

jdrakeh

Reaction score
You're Gonna Miss Me by the 13th Floor Elevators. Also, Cold Night For Alligators by Roky Erickson might be up your alley.

sleep

Reaction score

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I was copying some tunes from my buddies computer, and he insisted I get the 3 Silver Apples albums, because I tend to like psychadelic stuff. But I did not enjoy the first two albums, and didn't listen to the third, because it was too repetitive and his vocals were a drag. This song must be the gem of the bunch, because I kinda like it.

Raging Bird

Reaction score
Website
www.ragingbirdofyouth.tumblr.com
if you want old time recommendations, I don't listen to much, but these are a few I come back to and play on loop from time to time:

Dr. Humphrey Bate and his Possum Hunters - "How Many Biscuits Can You Eat", "Ham Beats All Meat"
The Crook Brothers String Band - "my wife died friday night"
Deford Bailey - John Henry
Blind Willie Johnson - Dark was the Night, Cold was the Ground (this song got sent up on the Voyager Shuttle, which is supposed to land on another planet and immediately start pumping humanity's greatest musical accomplishments for the aliens...Ry Cooder called it "the most transcendent song ever recorded on American soil, which is kind of cool)
Son House - Death Letter Blues (Oh my God, if you watch a live video of this song...that was the first time I got why people liked the blues so much back in the day. Son House said the blues were when someone murders your wife or something, and you don't know whether to beat him to death or sit down and cry, and you end up choosing crying)
Mississippi John Hurt - anything rules, but I really like Nobody's Dirty Business and a few others I can't remember

There's so, so much more amazing music that I don't feel qualified talking about it, but this is stuff I like.

Raging Bird

Reaction score
Website
www.ragingbirdofyouth.tumblr.com

Mor

Reaction score
I was copying some tunes from my buddies computer, and he insisted I get the 3 Silver Apples albums, because I tend to like psychadelic stuff. But I did not enjoy the first two albums, and didn't listen to the third, because it was too repetitive and his vocals were a drag. This song must be the gem of the bunch, because I kinda like it.

It's an ol' bluegrass classic.

Silver Apples are worth a listen once... maybe twice.

I just like the fact that this is made in 1968!

Here is:

Another fine track.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads