Pierced Glasses?

Birdy

Reaction score
I was on mycrack the other day and my friend sent me a message with the weirdest thing I've ever seen!
http://www.piercedglasses.com/

Apparently some dudes have developed a way to have glasses that don't fall off haha! All you need is a bridge piercing.
I myself don't wear glasses, but I figure for a lot of people who travel, glasses can be an inconvenience and this was just neat.

What are your thoughts on this?

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
uh, no thanks. looks like you have to pay some 'innovator' a bunch of money.

and anyway, what's wrong with those awesome glasses straps that have the bead on them? definitely going to pick up some of those soon, down to one ragged kind-of-fitting pair o glasses.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
It looks like a fashion statement. I'm more on the practical side, honestly, having regular glasses will protect your face more. I wonder what would happen if you threw a handful of paperclips at someone wearing that, how many would stick on?

Birdy

Reaction score
I completely forgot about those straps. Like I said I'm not a wearer of glasses, so I have very little knowledge of about them store in my brain.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
looking at that website again, it reminds me of the movie the jerk.

it's like the opti-grab, it will make you go cross eyed due to your eyes always being drawn to the thing in the middle of your field of vision!!

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm so happy I dont need glasses. This look like a horrible idea. glasses fall off for good reasons.

M

Mouse

i think it's awesome. not any more risky than having a bridge piercing really.. and they're magnetic so they pop off if attacked lol.

I hate wearing glasses. I've always thought of getting a bridge and tethering my specs to it so they stop slipping all the time.

really, those head straps are kinda more dangerous. your glasses wont fall off but get jammed into your face/eyes if something happens. anyone that's been knocked in the head and had their glass rims jab them the face knows what I mean. sometimes a lil give is better than strapping them on real tight.

teatimeteagan

Reaction score
>that's gross. i don't know what it is about that but it sends a shiver down my spine. imagine getting into a fight wearing those! or if your glasses got infected!
this i do not dig.

Getting any piercing raises the risk of infections. Just as tattoos do.
I myself have seen far too man infections in tattoos, as a matter of fact I've seen more infected tattoos than piercings.

Besides, with lite magnets and light metal frame fitted to that glass it wouldn't do very much damage to the face if punched/ slapped up

acrata4ever

Reaction score
way cool idea i hate bi focals this is perfect. a soluttion would be motorcycle gogs that fit over glasses with small nails glued around them for poking.

dprogram

Reaction score
I've seen this before because I was searching to see if anyone had thought of it. I wear glasses and contacts (mostly contacts. I think it's a great idea since you wouldn't constantly be trying to readjust them/slide them back up on your nose. It seems very practical to me especially if you already have your bridge pierced. My piercer won't do it for me because of the potential to travel out of your skin. He said that part of the face just isn't a good spot. I dont know.

0ddity

Reaction score
Kind of a neat idea. If I had a bridge piercing I'd probably do it. I did however, take a shoe string that I found on the ground and duck-taped it to the ear pieces of my glasses. Glasses can still fall off, but at least I won't lose them.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads