now, im not new to this, but ive never

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
it could mean either actually. short distance or no room. we cant specify that everytime someone does that that it means short distance. my mom does it for both, and ive done itfor having lack of space.

moon owl

Reaction score
I don't mind when people give me the "short distance" signal.

It's the shrug that I hate

The ole shrug is definitely the most annoying thing I encounter...I mean it's like the doofus' are telling you they are too scared or just saying "too bad fool"...my other favorite is when someone stops then hauls ass when you get close the car...always makes me laugh.

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
moon owl said:
...when someone stops then hauls ass when you get close the car...always makes me laugh.

Makes you laugh?!? You enjoy people being fucking mean assholes?
I picked up a large rock after that first one, and it has only happened that once.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The only time that ever happened to me was when some old guy pulled over to like fix his mirrors and i didnt notice until I go closer. Then he saw me walking to me and got sared ad drove onto the highway lol

moon owl

Reaction score
Makes you laugh?!? You enjoy people being fucking mean assholes?
I picked up a large rock after that first one, and it has only happened that once.

Well you know, after standing for so long somewhere...ANYTHING that breaks the monotony gives me a second wind...and it makes me laugh that people would even be such assholes...GET IT!?!

The only time that ever happened to me was when some old guy pulled over to like fix his mirrors and i didnt notice until I go closer. Then he saw me walking to me and got sared ad drove onto the highway lol

Yes this happens a lot...this one trucker pulled over just passed me and as I was walking up to his vehicle i see him getting out and going around the front...when I get to the passenger side to greet him he is taking a leak...seemed like he didn't even notice me...i didn't want to intrude so walked back to my spot and he drove off. "Just doin my businesses!"

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
haha yeah, seems to happen alot. after that first time i caught on and waited for em to wave at me.

bikegeek666

Reaction score
when me and my lady get frustrated with holdin out thumbs out we will fly the bird for 20 to 30 cars its very therapeutic, you guys should give it a whirl

oh, how many times i've wanted to do that. i only held myself back for the thought that maybe someone who'd consider picking me up might change their mind.

stove

Reaction score
nah... the best is when those spaced out soccer moms shift their zombie eyes to register you and swerve into the shoulder. ive almost perished under the grill of some zoned out bitch in a minivan too many times...

Man I fucking hate that. I also get a lot of idiots nearly mowing me down on the ramp beacuse they're talkin on their phone and don't realize that the lane is four feet to their left..

Reaction score
I've never thrown a rock, but I did flash my ass to a couple of rednecks who were fucking with me. I realized that was pretty bad idea later on, I was pretty drunk and just figured since they were making jokes I could make jokes too.

GutterGrayse

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Maybe some people think that you're just standing along the freeway in the middle of nowhere out of water and food giving random traffic the thumbs up, and they should respond with a similar thumbs up, or a wave...

You never know, people are really really stupid.
hahaha. We never hitched together. Woulda been fun talkin' shit and goofin'. :)

r3353

Reaction score
i thought it was the, "Im CRUSHING your head!" game they were playing with them selves as they drove by. But ya, impretty sure it means 'short-ride' even when it may be farther than where you are going. Like a warm bed and food.

Reactions: butters

seasonchange

Reaction score
Then you've got the random asshole in Mobile that just so happend to have a bullhorn & a lot to say to some crusty kid baking in the alabama sun.
ha, alabama is so terrible to hitch out of. it took me 30+ hrs to get a ride out of there, and the ride out was with an escaped convict from tn and his wife. there was free booze in it, though!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads