now, im not new to this, but ive never

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
Then you've got the random asshole in Mobile that just so happend to have a bullhorn & a lot to say to some crusty kid baking in the alabama sun.

I'm sorry but this made me laugh so fucking hard. Only because I lived in Mobile for a short while, I hate AL and I can just PICTURE this happening. Fuck. lol Not to mention I've been in similar situations

This thread has been pretty damn amusing. lol

I have thought many many times about throwing up my middle finger but also didn't because I was trying to hold on to some small bit of hope for a ride. LOL I can bet your ass it IS theraputic however! LOL

In most cases i either get totally ignored. Like when you're flying a sign at an intersection and you're just feet away from some car and some random soccer mom type reaches over and rolls up the window, like I'm going to rob her or something LOL or like rolling up the window will make me go away? OR like ...if i don't look at her, she will disappear! POOF! LOL I LOVE that one (sarcasm)

But yeah, either ignored, or the stupid ass peace sign or thumbs up. *Like rock on man!*....asshole.

Wild Ty Laserbeam

Reaction score
The shrug is like trying to trick you into believing they can't pick you up for some reason. I almost exclusivley get the shrug from people in big empty suv/vans.

The fake-out makes me feel like shit. It's such an emotional rollercoaster. You go from being bummed, to being stoked that you have a ride, to being even more bummed that you don't have a ride AND everybody in the world sucks.

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
ever get the hand sign where they put their hand horizontal and move it up and down? Ive got alot of these on the 101 and im assuming their trying to convey that they dont have enough room. Altho id rather be the judge of that

Reaction score
The peace sign/wave/thumbs up doesnt really bother me much. Like, they don't owe me anything, and their acknowledgement of my request for a ride (even though it's a declination) always cheers me up a little. I'd MUCH rather have someone atleast acknowledge my request and see me as a fellow human being than have them yelling at me/giving me the finger/throwing lemons at me (yeah, some dude really threw a lemon at me the other day haha)

Reactions: butters

thisisme

Reaction score
The peace sign/wave/thumbs up doesnt really bother me much. Like, they don't owe me anything, and their acknowledgement of my request for a ride (even though it's a declination) always cheers me up a little. I'd MUCH rather have someone atleast acknowledge my request and see me as a fellow human being than have them yelling at me/giving me the finger/throwing lemons at me (yeah, some dude really threw a lemon at me the other day haha)
I agree. i had fries thrown at me once. it was pretty delicious

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I throw the short sign when i hitch for a short ride to the next exit or back one if they are better spots. How bout the wet sign the one like they are brushing crumbs off their shirt.

uncle steve

Reaction score
I especially hate it when you get a peace sign or a wave or thumbs up. It's like, mother fucker, I'm not out here spreading cheer & good will. I want a fucking ride.

Then you've got the random asshole in Mobile that just so happend to have a bullhorn & a lot to say to some crusty kid baking in the alabama sun.

I need to take a walk. Just thinking about hitch hiking reeeeeeally pisses me off.

Tops it when they give the peace sign (or mirror you and stick their thumb out) and honk the horn an obnoxious number of times and smile reeeal BIG. I never understood this....yes....i hate that as well

butters

Reaction score

I agree. people don't owe us anything. the way i look at it if the self obsorbed, dumb assed, cell phone talking, SUV driving, zombie, socker moms with their tiny little dicks don't want to pick me up... well, I'm ok with that.

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I always thought short distance, but when I'm bored and frustrated, the small dick thing has for sure come to mind. Also, pointing down with the index finger (that I usually take for "staying here", get it a lot from truckers), doubles as "only for road head"

baconrind

Reaction score
Im sure everyone hates it when the car pulls over like they are going to pick you up, wait for you to get closer and then drive off. I'll take any finger gesture over that. Actually got a ride right after a bitch did that to me and she got the fuck you when we passed her.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads