Video - My first solo trip to Atlanta | Squat the Planet

Video My first solo trip to Atlanta

Dmac

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for sharing, and hope you keep at it.

D

Deleted member 8978

Hell, I'm autistic but it is not as severe as it was at least 30 years ago. Already I am learning to travel solo. I rode four freight trains last year and seeking a perfect time to catch one more. Taking a MARTA and an Amtrak is easy, everything else is not.

Reactions: Dmac
G

GOD HAND 45

Hell, I'm autistic but it is not as severe as it was at least 30 years ago. Already I am learning to travel solo. I rode four freight trains last year and seeking a perfect time to catch one more. Taking a MARTA and an Amtrak is easy, everything else is not.
Life is not easy. But it is manageable.
One of my doctors told my mom I was retarded beyond help. Yet 28 years later, I drove from Florida to Texas for a week and a half on $1,000 alone.
So keep on fighting. It gets easier. It's just doing it every day is the hard part

DuHastMich

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hey fellow travel brother.

You getting up and walking down to the store alone takes courage, so consider your trip to Atlanta epic. Hold onto it, build from it. I have mad, mad respect for someone that tells the world 'fuck you and your fucking label, I will overcome!!'

Keep posting your other travels - you will be amazed at how many people are inspired by you. I'm inspired by you (and everyone else who bitch slaps autism or other medical labels in the face and goes out and tries every day). Sometimes effort, in and of itself, is a day's work.

And if you ever see that doctor that gave your mom an idiotic diagnosis 28 years ago, give his face a high-five for me. You DO NOT tell the mother of a young child their son is retarded, regardless if it is a medical term.

No matter what you do in life, you got this.

G

GOD HAND 45

Hey fellow travel brother.

You getting up and walking down to the store alone takes courage, so consider your trip to Atlanta epic. Hold onto it, build from it. I have mad, mad respect for someone that tells the world 'fuck you and your fucking label, I will overcome!!'

Keep posting your other travels - you will be amazed at how many people are inspired by you. I'm inspired by you (and everyone else who bitch slaps autism or other medical labels in the face and goes out and tries every day). Sometimes effort, in and of itself, is a day's work.

And if you ever see that doctor that gave your mom an idiotic diagnosis 28 years ago, give his face a high-five for me. You DO NOT tell the mother of a young child their son is retarded, regardless if it is a medical term.

No matter what you do in life, you got this.
Thanks for the good words. But anyone can do it if they want it. All they have to do is want it and go for it.
It worked for me.

DuHastMich

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Well, if everyone had your courage, they may very well be able to.

Bear in mind it takes more people like you sharing experiences to actually convince people it's possible. Many are stuck in a dark world they feel is their fate.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads