Video My first solo trip to Atlanta

Do you think anyone with a mental disability can do this?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

quad8

Nowhere bound...
Current Location
Brunswick, Georgia
Hell, I'm autistic but it is not as severe as it was at least 30 years ago. Already I am learning to travel solo. I rode four freight trains last year and seeking a perfect time to catch one more. Taking a MARTA and an Amtrak is easy, everything else is not.

Reactions: Dmac
OP
G

GOD HAND 45

I deleted myself
Hell, I'm autistic but it is not as severe as it was at least 30 years ago. Already I am learning to travel solo. I rode four freight trains last year and seeking a perfect time to catch one more. Taking a MARTA and an Amtrak is easy, everything else is not.
Life is not easy. But it is manageable.
One of my doctors told my mom I was retarded beyond help. Yet 28 years later, I drove from Florida to Texas for a week and a half on $1,000 alone.
So keep on fighting. It gets easier. It's just doing it every day is the hard part

DuHastMich

Wayfarer
Current Location
Kokomo, United States
Hey fellow travel brother.

You getting up and walking down to the store alone takes courage, so consider your trip to Atlanta epic. Hold onto it, build from it. I have mad, mad respect for someone that tells the world 'fuck you and your fucking label, I will overcome!!'

Keep posting your other travels - you will be amazed at how many people are inspired by you. I'm inspired by you (and everyone else who bitch slaps autism or other medical labels in the face and goes out and tries every day). Sometimes effort, in and of itself, is a day's work.

And if you ever see that doctor that gave your mom an idiotic diagnosis 28 years ago, give his face a high-five for me. You DO NOT tell the mother of a young child their son is retarded, regardless if it is a medical term.

No matter what you do in life, you got this.

OP
G

GOD HAND 45

I deleted myself
Hey fellow travel brother.

You getting up and walking down to the store alone takes courage, so consider your trip to Atlanta epic. Hold onto it, build from it. I have mad, mad respect for someone that tells the world 'fuck you and your fucking label, I will overcome!!'

Keep posting your other travels - you will be amazed at how many people are inspired by you. I'm inspired by you (and everyone else who bitch slaps autism or other medical labels in the face and goes out and tries every day). Sometimes effort, in and of itself, is a day's work.

And if you ever see that doctor that gave your mom an idiotic diagnosis 28 years ago, give his face a high-five for me. You DO NOT tell the mother of a young child their son is retarded, regardless if it is a medical term.

No matter what you do in life, you got this.
Thanks for the good words. But anyone can do it if they want it. All they have to do is want it and go for it.
It worked for me.

DuHastMich

Wayfarer
Current Location
Kokomo, United States
Well, if everyone had your courage, they may very well be able to.

Bear in mind it takes more people like you sharing experiences to actually convince people it's possible. Many are stuck in a dark world they feel is their fate.

OP
G

GOD HAND 45

I deleted myself
Well, if everyone had your courage, they may very well be able to.

Bear in mind it takes more people like you sharing experiences to actually convince people it's possible. Many are stuck in a dark world they feel is their fate.
Wow! Now that is a compliment.

Similar threads

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

It’s sign flyin time baby 🤑
Hoteled up tonight..thank Jesus crust
I hate Oregon sooooo much! I really need to get out of here sooner than later really badly!!!!!!!
😥😱😴
Haven't posted in over a year. In Taos, not sure where I am going. Would love to find a woodshop to work in for a bit, wherever
I had to finish my nail polish before heading out of town, and finally got enough sunlight to do so!
It's not that I wanted to be a quitter, it's that I wanted to live to ride another day.
I’m leaving Salem today, by any means necessary 🖖🏼
Sorry for the absence; I'm a scatterbrained motherfucker. Currently in Portland OR for the evening, heading toward Seattle. Who's around? 🤘
Cigarettes ☠ /or/ Tear soaked cheeks 💗
The nightmare continues.
The witch called the cops on me again. Breaching no contract order. Might be going back to jail. Bout ready to quit here.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Abandonedplaces