Looking to start a fire performance troupe / freak show (1 Viewer)

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
this weekend I'm going to a fire performers retreat to better my skills and learn more about fire saftey and how to start a business as a fire performer and was wondering if they'res anyone on here that would like to join me or has any freak show skills they could contribute to the group. I also have many freak show skills but don't feel like listing it all. If anyone is interested PM me or just reply to the posting.:goat:

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
Hometown
Analslime Southern California
Human ashtray.... I've actually been working on an act for a while because I wanted to start a freak show myself.... I know a handful of cigarette tricks and as a finally i put a shit load of them out on my tongue.... I'd love to be apart of a Freak Show especially if it was a traveling one... message me back if this sounds good

Birdy

Lurker
Hometown
FLA
Devil sticks are really fun,
but poi will always be my favorite.

OP
wildboy860

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
also... if anyone wants to learn how to do poi, devil sticks or staff, PM and if our paths cross, I'd be glad to spend some time helping you learn how to do them better! :)

sweet potatoe

Lurker
Hometown
Seattle
im learning to breathe fire but im super intrested in that, and learning some handbalancing, but idont really have much skillwise so far just a lot of will to learn and yeah its something im really excited about. ill be over in the east the rest of the winter and im movin across th south now if anyone who knows how wants to meet up

Hometown
the only accurate location is australia :p
Hey dude, depending on how long im in the states for we should so put on some show or something! I spin some mean fire and do some acrobalance stuff, and working on combing the two.
on the freak show side of things i can put a golf tee up my nose if that counts? hahaha.

OP
wildboy860

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
um.. the last one I can do too, LoL. but yeah I'd be down to meet up and put on a show for people and possible be a traveling circus. I can do some acrobaticts too.

Zen

Lurker
Hometown
Baxter, TN
If you do a traveling circus, I can do tarot and palm readings. Also, I'm interested in learning poi.

Hometown
Analslime Southern California
Just learned the human blockhead and im getting pretty good... i up to 3 inches and the only reason in cuz i can't find a bigger nail.... it's a quick spanged too ...i spanged up 10 bucks in like 4 minutes a few weeks ago

OP
wildboy860

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
anybody on the east coast? I've been noticing most of you are on the west coast and I'm more often on the east coast.

carnytrash

Lurker
Hometown
Pennsyltucky
Website
carnytrash.tumblr.com
Yes! I'm in Philly and have been performing sideshow for about 10 years now. Also recently was honored with a Guinness World Record, which obviously would be good for promo and whatnot. There's a few other things I can do, and already have several shows set up for the fall. So yea...if you're serious, I have all the time in the world to dedicate to doing this.

Gudj

Oogle
Hometown
Oregon
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
I don't have anything to help out with except very beginner acrobalance,
but I am commenting to say how rad it is how many people have responded so far and how many have fun skills.
I didn't expect that for some reason.

Oh, I guess I could contribute myself as an audience for all this.

OP
wildboy860

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Hey dude, depending on how long im in the states for we should so put on some show or something! I spin some mean fire and do some acrobalance stuff, and working on combing the two.
on the freak show side of things i can put a golf tee up my nose if that counts? hahaha.
when you commin to the states? I'm totally down, man!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

I swear this guy is my role model right now. If anyone's gonna ride this out with style, it's him.

This guy with a website called "Rustic Cyberpunk", does computer stuff while living in a cabin in the woods.

You'll need a Tor browser to view his blog, though. I won't link it here because it's not a regular link, and I'm not sure if that's okay on here.
MFB
Bored and organizing travel videos.
Alaska <3
I miss being young and indestructible!
Social distancing? Try traveling - whether it is a tramp van, a train or even a bike.
Favorite thing to do during an apocalypse??
First track of one of a solid album.
This shit is getting real, under self isolation - no, it's self quarantine now - thanks to some jerk who came to the Plant knowingly sick.
He has judged himself, as for me... my locker has been emptied because I am not putting up with that bullshit.
Looks like I just decided to take an early retirement, so on to greener pastures I go......
Be safe out there, perhaps we'll meet again when times are better.
I hope that y'all are good and safe wherever you may happen to be. Take care of yourselves, may the wind always be at your back <3
When Democrat and Republican politicians argue and fuck up so badly we end up taking 1st place in Plague Inc irl:

So, here's something great! After finally saying NO to eating carbs and sugar this morning (since that's mostly all there is to eat at home) and instead bought and ate vegetables, I actually don't have cravings anymore!

All I've eaten today is two sweet potatoes and some broccoli, and I don't have any food cravings, and I'm not lethargic!
Matt Derrick wrote on snailormoon's profile.
aww i really like your new profile picture.