Looking to start a fire performance troupe / freak show | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Looking to start a fire performance troupe / freak show

SparrowW

Reaction score
I'm working on doing poi right now, no fire yet, and want to combine that with bellydancing/burlesque. I also have been looking into fire fans. Not as bad ass but a bit better for burlesque than spinning balls of fire. lol
As for 'sideshow stuff' I also to tarot like someone else mentioned and have been working on just 'reading' people. Like going into a deep meditation and connecting with their aura. Not real good at it yet, but getting there! Benn thinking about learning how to set myself on fire, you know, without actually being on fire.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I'm working on doing poi right now, no fire yet, and want to combine that with bellydancing/burlesque. I also have been looking into fire fans. Not as bad ass but a bit better for burlesque than spinning balls of fire. lol
As for 'sideshow stuff' I also to tarot like someone else mentioned and have been working on just 'reading' people. Like going into a deep meditation and connecting with their aura. Not real good at it yet, but getting there! Benn thinking about learning how to set myself on fire, you know, without actually being on fire.

you can set yourself on fire without actually burning. look up "fleshing" or fire fleshing. you dip a fire wand in rubbing alcohol or something else and put it on your skin. it doesnt really hurt but it looks cool.

thisisme

Reaction score
any tips on learning bellydance, especially on the road? ive been to one class and done a video teaching basics but i couldnt actually put a routine together or anything and i cant really take classes since im not in the same spot for more than a few weeks at most. sorry i know this isnt exactly related to the topic of the post

Ithyphallic

Reaction score
I can't do much as far as freakshow stuff, but I've played drums for years and could play a bucket kit with some small cymbals as accompanyment, or rock my fiddle, which I'm not quite so good at yet but am getting there. I'd love to learn how to do fire stuff and acrobalancing, and I'm working on the latter.

I'll be going down into the states with no real plan in a few days, going to spend the rest of winter in the redwoods of cali then who knows. Name a place and I'll meetcha there! Let me know if you'd want me so I can pack cymbals along

captnjack

Reaction score
hey, im currently on the east coast. i can spin fire, breathe it, burlesque, and can bend in multiple of odd ways (that sounds so wrong). and i fucking love traveling circuses. totally im interested if youre still lookin.

check out the squidbilly brothers while you're at it dude. my boys from philly! super awesome freak show full of super awesome people!

NyxNomasters

Reaction score
I've been hooping for a few months and fire hooping is something I want to do very much. Keep me updated.

LostAvood

Reaction score
I have some rubber man skills if anyones interested and i also can do the impervious man act with almost anything you give me inclcuding but not limited too sharp object heavy cold and hot things. So yeah let me know

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
still lookin for people if anyone is interested.

Pixie Walden

Reaction score
been into fire busking forawhile, pretty good at it, i use hula hoops, down to spin wherever, gonna be in new england till march then ill be on east ish side of the US till end june when im going to head NW

kadenelias

Reaction score
still lookin for people if anyone is interested.
I'm interested I don't really have any skills (I play violin but don't have one); like other people mentioned, I am interested in tarot/psychic stuff and would be able to learn pretty quickly.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads