[Jul 1, 2013] National Rainbow Gathering (Montana)

Helical

Reaction score
Hey! I'm hoping to make it from Washington state, either hitching or ride sharing.

It will be my first Gathering (and first solo excursion on the road) so I'm pretty excited, hope to see you there!

Also: first post on this site, it seems like a pretty active community of travelers, nomads, dreamers, and the like. I'm sure I'll learn a lot here, glad to have found it. :)

tyler harmon

Reaction score
i shall be there 2morrow. yippee

DikembeMuhobo

Reaction score
spring council is exit 197 off the 90. go to a wal mart and ask a dirty kid. you will get there.

they lready have a spot picked either in anaconda or crzy mountain. but honestly in my opinion im probably never going to another rainbow again. as matt mentioned , yeah its like a small version of the world, and if you'r anything like me you realize, most people in this world fucking suck at life. you will find a small handful of people that MIGHT be slightly on your level, and they will be heavily saturated by the crowds of stereotypical hippies and hipsters who steal from cultures sacred energies and provide no backbone to the great purpose that was created for it. hippies spanging dirty kids is just unforgivable. the only thing that works for small groups getting fucked up is mean circles. it sucks but its true, or else you will just work your ass off and not get buzzed off the shit you bought...and FUCK the shwilly kids who dont know their limits. it feels like a big high school party with bunch of amateurs runnin around who don't know how to handle their booze or drugs.

now all that aside, i agree if you haven't gone before and really feel like you should see what it's like, go for it. i went early for holding camp and spring council. to be honest i'm already sick of it. if you don't like getting constantly spanged and bothered for your drinks weed or tobacco, go for it, also, don't expect to sleep consistently, or much at all...ever.

exit 197 off the 90 in montana. ask around. good luck

p0tt

Reaction score
oh, i guess i would not fit in well there.
qyeah, i think i'm realizing that too.. I was definitely going wehen I was still with my buddy, but now that he split, i'm definitely not going alone. too many other beautiful places and people to see this summer. maybe next year after i've gotten the hang of travelling.

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
i can spare a week of my life in the montana'wilderness... even if it sucks, one week outta 52 is not the end of the world. then since i'm there, theres a lot of close beauty as well... yellowstone, teton, bitterrot.... then i can head over to seatle and mosey on south, ... all in all, nationals could suck harshly, and it will still be a great trip.......

Reactions: Shadowmarque

Jerome Hanson

Reaction score
thank you lacey and matt I will check it out.
its just the stupid laws here in Oregon. I really want to hitch hike but its illegal to pick up a hitch hiker but not illegal to hitch hike. figure that one out. and I don't want to cause trouble for any rainbow fam. for picking little old me up, ya know?
any way thanks and I hope I can make it this year.

Link2Namaste

Reaction score
The location has been chosen and announced! I am so excited! See you in the forest! :) ~Love and light <3

From Interstate 15 near Dillon, Montana (about 60 miles south of the Interstate 90/15 interchange). Take the MT-278 exit, EXIT 59, toward Jackson/Wisdom. Just south of Jackson turn west on SKINNER MEADOW ROAD .. (a right if headed south) toward Idaho, big mountains, (good gravel/dirt road - please respect private ranches - drive slow, watch for cattle) Go 8.5 MILES, through fence and cattle guard into National Forest then take LEFT TURN and ONE LANE BRIDGE over creek (left turn is approx 1.5 miles before Von Houten Lake campground) to FRONT GATE ~ PARKING ~ BUS VILLAGE ~ HANDICAPPED PARKING WELCOME HOME!

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
at ireen... we will be passing thru boulder... i have a friend in grand junction but i dont think he's going, but i will check just to make sure

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
yeah me to... i can hit up circles and ask he m if he has room for one more... yuo'd prolly have to find a ride back tho... and prolly meet us in boulder. i'll be hitchin back down to grand junction eventually after gathering but i dont know when...

nameless

Reaction score
im in cheyanne, wy and my girl and I need a ride to the gathering. If you are in town or passing thru on the way there hit me up at (916) 384-5105...we are wanting to leave today or tomorrow..we just have our backpacks and a guitar

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads