Homosexuality?

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Widerstand said:
If two gay people want to get married and be as unhappy as a non-gay married couple and have there relationship end up in court someday I say let them!

ahahah well put!

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
What's your stance? Are you hostile, apathetic, supportive, of fervent? Are they any gay people on Stp? I ask because I am gay, and I'm interested to know the general attitude toward homosexuality on this site, cause everyone's been mad cool about everything else.

There is a group on here called "LGBTAQ community UNITY" if you want to discuss this stuff but skip the really depressing part of reading all the replies from people who are less-than allies.

UrbanNokizaru

Reaction score
Website
ninjabikeslut.tumblr.com
I'm fine with gay people, lesbians people and bi people. If you like like XYZ that's fine with me, it's not going to negatively affect any more than a girl who likes guys or anything else really. I have some friends or various sexual orientations and it's never been a negative thing and it's always interesting to hear about their views on sexuality since it's still uncommon in the communities I'm part of. About being hit on, I mean girls get it bad as has been said above, how many times have you seen that guy who keeps persisting even after he's clearly been shut down?

Gypsybones

Reaction score
Website
highonwheels.tumblr.com
well for one; just cause I believe in the free Palestinian state does NOT equate to me hating Jews! I find it ridiculous that if your opposed to Israels politics your all the sudden anti-semitic. horse shit! so at the same time if I am against American foreign policy I'm "ant-American"

as for the crust punk reference your way off, I am not a crusty nor do I beg for change. I am a man that works and saves up to travel then finds work on the way when needed.
also the toting an M16 thing, US Army infantry 11B 99-02 1-36 out of Germany
you sir. are assuming that I am someone that I am not, wile also trying to belittle me with your preconceived antagonistic persona you have so colorfully depicted of me.

I never told you how to raze your child, I was just stating in not so many words that a individuals sexual preference does not inhibit their ability to educate young people. nor does the mere fact of that person being gay correspond to a certain agenda that makes others gay by hearing it.

My comparison between blacks and homosexuals is not a load of shit.
the two differ greatly in in some areas but at the same time they are both groups fighting for equality and basic civil rights.

lastly it was "same shit different topic." not same shit different thread. by that I meant same BS argument against different peoples. American Indians, blacks, Irish, Jews, gays ect..

Ivy

Reaction score
IBRR, while I agree that a lot of the benefits for same sex marriage are financial, it always seemed to me that much of the other motivation was for recognition of equality.

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
rememberusername said:
less-than allies? I am glad you pointed out the fact your bias. Your claim is very assumptuous. I think your defense for LGBTAQ should be followed by a defense for a Straight, white, men, men men men.. DUDES, GUYS BROS!, becuase you victimize the LGBTAQ persons by what you say.

If you really think that it's not ok to call people who are hostile or (at very best) unhelpful/ambivalent to the idea of queer folk trying to "forward a homosexual agenda" such as trying to create a world where they don't get attacked physically and non-physically just for who they choose to love: "less than allies", then I don't understand where you are coming from.

But I assume you are someone who is trying to keep it fair but is to naive to the fact that shit is already tremendously unfair, and by you defending the current dynamic that you ignorantly see as equal, you are actively perpetuating the true and fucked up situation. Which is things are not equal, not even close.

Also the fact that you called me bias is telling. That implies that you view this situation as "us against them" with there being a line drawn down the middle and you have to defend your side. Well, since I'm not going to write you an essay about how your "side" ("white Dudes") don't need any fucking defending, I think it's much more helpful and accurate to say that the sooner you stop being so defensive, and the sooner you realize that there are not just two sides in conflict, the sooner you start actually helping instead of hurting, and you stop looking like an ignorant ass Less-than allie.

Also, I know that the author of this thread asked about homosexuals and not queers. I have no idea how many homosexuals are on this site, but you have gotten responses from queer-folk.

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
Widerstand said:
What about just not getting warped up in all this stuff in the first place?

How about everyone lead by example and just try to be a good person and shut the fuck up about personal stuff like your sexual orientation, and don't care about what other people are doing as long as it is not effecting you or people around you in negative way?

Why is it so wrong or hard to do that?

Thats a good question.
I think a popular answer is, that when a particularly oppressed (relative to the rest of their experience) group of people is finally ready to stop being pushed around or bashed on, becoming visible and vocal helps everybody realize what's going on, and alerts potential allies and other groups in similar situations to join in and put an end to mindless hatred and prejudice.

But I obviously and not the fucking spokesperson for anything. I tried really hard to stay away from this thread but rememberusername sent me over the edge. I hope chompchompchompsky gets what he wants out of this thread.

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
Widerstand said:
I guess I just don't under the issue that well, and I can't really wrap my mind around the idea of making sexual orientation such a big issue. I mean most everyone I know both here online and in real life, or both wouldn't know if I was straight or gay unless I told them since it is a none issue in my life.

So how are people "being pushed around or bashed on" unless they make it very obvious what there sexual preference is?

My point being I find it to be fucking stupid to walk around letting the world know how gay you are or how straight you are.... Both are equally fucking stupid in my book.

That said how would anyone even know to treat you differently unless you were doing that?

For the purposes of this post I am talking about "you", and "you" is a straight man. So, it's not about Widerstand...

Anyway, have you ever taken your girlfriend out to eat or drink at a bar?
Ever walked down the street holding hands with them?
Ever kissed them in public?
Ever went to a party or club or bar or whatever alone and assumed you might meet a new partner there?
Have you ever introduced your girlfriend to your family and friends?
Have you ever dressed how you wanted to dress and act how you wanted to act at work/school/squat wherever?'

You know what I'm trying to do. Those are all normal, non-offensive activities that you would never expect to be harassed or beaten up for. But think about doing them if you were gay or queer. In that case kissing in public is "in your face" or "overtly gay". You know what I mean?

Also, imagine this:
Every time anybody didn't like something they would say "that shit's so hetro".
Or, whenever anybody disagrees with somebody, they are called hetro.
Well, imagine that they instead use a really hateful and degrading slangterm for hetro instead.
"You" would probably get sick of that pretty fast.

So, I guess in summary: "You" is strutting his heterosexuality all over the place for everyone to see all the time without getting called out on it, but if "You" happened to be gay, he would be called out for those very same actions.

Reactions: dolittle and Franny

chompchompchomsky

Reaction score
Consider Widerstand what you are asking for. You imply that because someone is born homosexual that they ought school themselves to distrustfulness and violence. Not only that, but that homosexuals must consider distrustfulness and violence whensoever they consider loving anyone. It is, frankly, unfair.

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
chompchompchomsky said:
You imply that because someone is born homosexual that they ought school themselves to distrustfulness and violence. Not only that, but that homosexuals must consider distrustfulness and violence whensoever they consider loving anyone. It is, frankly, unfair.

What fairness is there to be found in the natural world?
Lions don't attack the fastest, strongest, wisest zebra, they go for the young, weak one with the limp.
It seems simply common-sense to me that anyone and everyone understand that sometimes one has to fight, and not just defensively and reactively, either. "The best defense is a good offense."
Anyone who operates under the mistaken belief that all's swell and no harm will come as long as he/she is kind and nice - well, such a person is a victim-in-waiting.
None of this suggests that "she was asking for it" or "he deserved it" or "they got what was coming" - but there's no persuasive argument that will stop Klansmen, or protect gays or rich people or women from being jumped or robbed or assaulted.
And we deal with and live in that reality, not the ideal we wish was true.

Ivy

Reaction score
Don't know if you've ever heard of or been to "The Ville" in NYC, but many of the gays, lesbians and trans carry all kinds of weapons and have absolutely no problem using them. In fact, its not uncommon for mouthy homophobes to get the tar beat out of them by roving packs of trans.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
i'm don't especially like being hit on by guys but mostly for men it's a strange experience being hit on repeatedly after showing no interest when for most women its an everyday thing, what i mean is for guys that get teed off about being hit on, suck it up, that's what chicks go through everyday
also a fun game to play if you're a guy is to hit on guys you know are extreme homophobes or simply straight and annoying when you know you can take them or have a bunch of your posse around to protect you. like if you're at a party and some guy is trying to take every girl home, start hitting on them to make them feel uncomfortable

chompchompchomsky

Reaction score
Widerstand said:
If someone is gay and understands that its a possibility that they might be harassed, wouldn't the next logical thing to do be to learn how to fight, carry pepper spray, carry a tactical folder, get a CCW and carry a firearm at all times....

At least this is how I think and live my life.

My comments were directed at your first statement.
They disregarded your second, that was an oversight on my part.

Delerious

Reaction score
I don't think that homosexuals should be in a situation where they HAVE to defend themselves for something that doesn't concern other people other than their lover.

I DO however think that if you are being fucked with all the time, you should probly learn to defend yourself. There is no obligation of course, it's just a good idea.

It DOES also suck that one would HAVE to learn to defend themselves do to a sexual practice that isn't malicious or destructive. 'tis a sad world in that sense.

On another note, I don't give a shit if you're gay. I don't like sexual preference to be integrated into personality however. If you're gay, you're gay. If you're straight, you're straight. There is no point in announcing this to everyone unless you're trying to get laid.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Widerstand said:
Your comments still make you look like a dip shit.

dude, that plus your previous statements I find to be VERY inappropriate... you really crossed the line between discussion and outright attacking someone.

personally, i see what chompchompchompsky is saying here (although i also see how he misinterpreted widerstands post about defense), and yeah, i agree that it's disappointing to see that in a community as "progressive" as ours there's still a lot of people that are either apathetic or just not really willing to go out there and be gay/queer friendly.

personally, i wish more people in our community would be more "pro-gay" or whatever. homosexuals, believe it or not, *are* an oppressed people, and need support from the community. so, that being said, I would like to be the first person in this thread to say that while I'm a straight white male, I am intensely PRO GAY. i think it's something that needs to be addressed in the community more (so thanks to chomp for creating this thread) and i find it disappointing that so many of StP's members are either apathetic on the issue or surprisingly right wing about it...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads