Homosexuality?

I

IBRRHOBO

let's not beat around the bush about right wing; that's directed towards me. and if it means that i have to be pro gay to be cool or accepted on the site go ahead and just delete my account. i mean why do i need to bow down or grant rights/privileges for someone cause they're gay/black or whatever? no motherfuckers did that for me. oh, my bad i'm a straight, white guy that works for a living.

i think it's a pretty sad state of affairs if anyone EXCEPT the heterosexual, white male has to have special this and that. shoestring and i spoke on this situation (not just the gay deal, but a whole plethora of things) a while back and i was hoping we read shit wrong. apparently not. yeah, let's dictate pro this and pro that---fuck some freedom of choice.

matter of fact if this is the case and that is the position of this site simply delete the account. i looked around to preemptively do that, but there doesn't seem to be an option for such. (so much for freedom of choice, 'eh?)

you can't legislate what folks have to believe. i guess the good 'ol black flag waves around and everyone must bow down to whatever beat of the drum is rolling. i have a good feeling i'm stating what others want to, but they're too scared as they might get banned.

i request confirmation of my account's deletion and personal information being removed at your earliest convenience.

Alaska

Reaction score
You know, you could always just NOT come to the site. Or is it just a bit too tempting for you? :p

Either way, I have nothing against what anyone has to say in this thread. I'm just confused by all the hostility. Where the hell is it all coming from?

But yeah, in my opinion, EVERYONE should learn to protect themselves. We're all victimized for one reason or another, or maybe just randomly chosen because someone feels like inflicting pain on another. It blows, but hey, it happens.

Of course, that doesn't do too much good if a group of people overwhelm you (strength in numbers and all that), sodomize you with all kinds of inanimate objects, and throw your beaten body out onto a street corner covered with make-up and the shape of a dick carved onto your head, does it? Not everyone can be Chuck Norris.

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think it should be disappointing that I'm more or less apathetic towards gay people. Whoever you decide to love is your business and does not affect me. I know I'm the anomalous straight white upper middle class male, but I could care less if two guys/girls are making out with each other, I've seen it around SoCal plenty of time. As long as I don't get hit on excessively by guys, I don't have any problem with them.

That being said, homosexuality isn't yet a socially accepted thing. It's all relative. If I wear a George Bush is Number One shirt at a Crimethinc convergence, I'll probably get a lot of shit. If I act flamboyantly gay in a place that doesn't accept homosexuality, I'll probably get a lot of shit.

I'm not Pro-Gay, because I think sexual orientation is a stupid thing to be pro or anti (and I'm the aforementioned whiteupperclassstraightmale), but I'm Pro-their right to be gay.

If you're pro-gay because gays need support, I think there are other people who are more in need of support right now. See: Haiti. :X

Reactions: scales

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
This is way out of hand, I'm locking this thread until I figure what is going on. PM your disagreements with me until then.

Okay, I don't see any right wing comments here, no one is against homosexuality that I can see. I still don't understand what is going on, but this thread is so poisoned by namecalling and generalizations that I don't see a reason to reopen it. The question about how people generally feel about homosexuality has been answered, no one really cares what you're doing in the bedroom if all parties are consenting. Honestly, such a general topic is better off discussed in the chat.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
This thread was supposed to be locked...? Oh well, as long as people behave themselves i see no reason in locking it again since it was locked over two years ago.

With that, I don't have much input to add here. I've never let my sexuality define me personally. think its foolish. Love who you want to love, spend your life with who/whatever you choose. I could really care less.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
This thread was supposed to be locked...? Oh well, as long as people behave themselves i see no reason in locking it again since it was locked over two years ago.

With that, I don't have much input to add here. I've never let my sexuality define me personally. think its foolish. Love who you want to love, spend your life with who/whatever you choose. I could really care less.

maybe it got unlocked in the translation from the old forum software to our new one about a year ago.

Reactions: EphemeralStick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads