hitchhiking and female safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

veraladd

Reaction score
When highway hitching it is often ok especially if I am with someone (a guy) notice though how when you hitch within a town men will come on to you or ask you if you are a prostitute? I ran out of a guys car in chicago cuz he was touching himself he just parked his car I had to tell him to fuck off 8 times before he left. This other guy in cicero- Im sure was gonna try and sell me into sex slavery or something fucked up but I ran off. In carrollton GA every dude there was a nasty red neck trying to sex me or pimp me. Well not every dude there was some cool blue collar guys that were just nice and helped me out. Any other ladies who've dealt with this?

baconrind

Reaction score
You must be smokin' hot! Ive had some creeps but never have they tried to pimp me. Still hate hitching alone. Ive said this on a different thread but Ill say it again. Ive heard sicker stories from guys hitching and getting propositioned than what Ive experienced. I try looking as much like a dude as possible. Atleast so they cant tell im a girl until they stop for me. Or I take a girl thats prettier than me so she gets all the shit! Lets travel! ha ha!

Reactions: dolittle

mksnowboarder

Reaction score
Confidence goes a long way in disarming possible creepers. And manipulating the conversation so that the driver would feel awkward or weird about trying to proposition you. I had a couple people that seemed like that type of person pick me up, but I managed to avoid anything inappropriate. You just gotta make sure you're always in control of any situation or person you deal with, don't ever seem like a victim.

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
I try looking as much like a dude as possible. Atleast so they cant tell im a girl until they stop for me.
Absolutely... Although of course, once you actually get in the car, and they realize you're a female, then it's oonnn..
But yeah, I've got some crazy-ass creeper stories myself; I'm too damn friendly with everyone, too trusting, and definitely have some self-confidence issues. Men DO pick up on all of this, and try to use it to their advantage. As such, mksnowboarder has some good tips, really, but I've straight-up told innnffinnnittteee men that I don't like males (which is completely and utterly true), and they STILL try to get with me - I suppose it's that whole 'you just haven't had the right man yet, and baby, I"M THE ONE!!'

All my actual rides, however, have been alright, which I thank God for... Definitely had a trucker-dude come up to me at like, 7 a.m. one time, though (so this was pre-morning coffee... NOT a good time to approach me!), and straight-up look me dead in the eyes and say, 'I wanna hit that.' I'm just like, 'excuse me??' I mean... at least TRY to be a little original - how'zabout 'hey, lovely weather we're having today!' or something like that. Haha. Then he asks me if I want to make some money; I tell him I have plenty of other ways to make money besides selling myself to assholes like him. It was WEIRD, man, and my road dawg couldn't have picked a better time to come out.

Yeah... the joys of being a female... It sucks sometimes, man... And last time I checked (don't know what you look like when you're travelin'), but hitchhikin' kids don't generally look ANYTHING like hookers... Bollocks. Must be the whole, 'Oh, they must be broke, and willing to do anything for some money...' Fuck DAT shit...

Carry on, ladiez, carry on. Someday I wanna get together a bad-ass crew of chix and go around castrating jerk-off men like that. :\

J

Johnny P

[quote="
Carry on, ladiez, carry on. Someday I wanna get together a bad-ass crew of chix and go around castrating jerk-off men like that. :\[/quote]

I support this!

veraladd

Reaction score
agreed about the castration crew, I find it hard to believe any female has hitched regularly and not had an incident. Ive heard of things happening to guys too. I keep make up no matter how dirty I am I like to rock some lipstick. I didnt know lipstick+needing a ride = fair game to propistion for sex.

Keith2

Reaction score
I am a male and people who have picked me up while hitch hiking have tried paying me for sexual favors and one man was even rubbing his dick as he was driving while I was half asleep. So it is not just women who are afflicted with this sort of thing.

Reactions: meonsaor

Nemo

Reaction score
Bear pepper spray, seven dollars at k-mart! Google that shit, see the magic it can do.

Carey 5000

Reaction score
I've dealt with this too, probably most girls have in one way or another.
I've never had a problem with trucker couples and if I'm trying to ctch a ride from a truck stop I try to wait for one of those.
Been pretty good at going with my gut on who to hop into a vehicle with and have not more than one or two awkward incidents.
recently I came up on a high voltage stun gun which I try to casually show off if i get a creep vibe.
& agreed on the mace Nemo.
Lets get this castration shit going, I'm in

Reactions: Nemo

DirtyBroke

Reaction score
most of the time i hitch alone, and usually i never have a problem, even when the majority of poeple who pick me up are men. Except this one guy who picked me up one time, and he was telling me how he was addicted to sex, and asking me how big my boobs were, and really weird questions like that. He was a creep, but thankfully he didnt try any funny buisness on me.

S

Smallville41

When highway hitching it is often ok especially if I am with someone (a guy) notice though how when you hitch within a town men will come on to you or ask you if you are a prostitute? I ran out of a guys car in chicago cuz he was touching himself he just parked his car I had to tell him to fuck off 8 times before he left. This other guy in cicero- Im sure was gonna try and sell me into sex slavery or something fucked up but I ran off. In carrollton GA every dude there was a nasty red neck trying to sex me or pimp me. Well not every dude there was some cool blue collar guys that were just nice and helped me out. Any other ladies who've dealt with this?
I think your full of yourself, it's a mans fantasy to pick up a girl and do her, but not all men are gross

iixila

Reaction score
Website
www.iixila.blogspot.com
i don't have any problems. "naah, brother, i'm a lesbian, you save your dick for some girl who wants it" works pretty well. hahaha, this one time, dude asked me if i would show him my tits, and i said no, obvs, and then he was all quiet for a second, and then he goes

"have you got a knife?"

mahahaha, so i whipped it out of my bra real fast, and said "i would be dumb not to, brother."

and we ended up bein' reaaal chill after that. :D

Shadowmarque

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with some mace and a knife. just in case. you can't trust everybody. I almost always hitch solo. It's easier and faster. I usually drink with my rides, too, which you would think would make the deviants even more so uncontrollable. But i talk with them about it if it comes up letting them know that I'm not for sell, none of me is; and that generally throws the propositioning back. Sometimes, though, they will keep trying and I have to get grrrr'd. Then, I'll let them know, "This looks like a nice patch of ground, you can just drop me off right here (and if they don't) I'll fucking stab you where you sit and get out anyway, either way these skins aren't for you".
This one trucker was on the cb talking to other guys (i was pretending to listen to my headphones) and he kept talking about how he had this hot chick in his cab who he was going to fuck and all this shit. I was 17 btw. I smoked his weed and drank his booze while he told me all about his route and blah fucking blah. And I was like, "hey, dude? Do you know you don't have to be at your destination for two weeks? I could kill you, take your load, sell it and dip; and the law isn't even going to know you're gone for two weeks. Damn, you're stupid". I made him hook me up with a sandwich and bounced. Fucker.
It sucks and it happens, but carry a weapon on you and know how to use it. I almost got sold to like three gangs in LA so I carried a blade in one hand a 4ft chain and lock in the other. I got skilled fucking quick with that chain I was so scared. The van swooped on me twice. Not kool.
I'm glad to hear you survived. Take care of yourself and keep your morals in tact, stay safe.

scum

Reaction score
Oh shit those fucking LA vans are not cool i hear you on that one. I didnt even know shit about LA rape vans and I just got such an eerie feeling around these damn vans circling the block, and not in a cops way either. Yeah white slavery fuck a bunch of that. It's important to have a visible weapon and to know how to use it. If you gonna get your knife taken away when you pull it out then...well...um....

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Mace is not the coolest thing to discharge in a moving vehicle either. I can agree on some level to having a weapon and knowing how to use it, but as well, common sense is a lot more important. Consider that getting felt up a bit might be lame, but macing someone driving a vehicle that you are in when going full speed down the highway might be way less fun.
As well with a knife, I wish it were as simple as you cut someone and they stop, but strangely enough, cutting some people just pisses them off. If you pull a lethal weapon, you had better be prepared to kill someone, and I doubt most people are.
You never know what the others have either, you pull a knife or some mace, and driver responds with a gun, chances are you're fucked. I think a lot of the time, playing some mind games and just trying to get away is gonna get you a lot farther than pulling a weapon.

frzrbrnd

Reaction score
Consider that getting felt up a bit might be lame, but macing someone driving a vehicle that you are in when going full speed down the highway might be way less fun.
It goes both ways, tho: the end result of macing someone while in a moving vehicle traveling at cruising speed may not be pleasant, but the driver is put in a position where s/he has to either assume that you are cool with getting in a car accident in order to get out of the situation or call your bluff. But the fact is that if your mace causes the driver to crash, then s/he stands just as much of a chance of being hurt as you do.

As well with a knife, I wish it were as simple as you cut someone and they stop, but strangely enough, cutting some people just pisses them off. If you pull a lethal weapon, you had better be prepared to kill someone, and I doubt most people are.
Also, if you stick someone, there's a good chance you're going to get their blood on you, and then it's their word against this dirty kid who's got this guy's blood on them and their knife. And I mean, like, good luck getting another ride after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads