Hitch-hiking gathering...looking for suggestions on location | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Hitch-hiking gathering...looking for suggestions on location

stove

Reaction score
Unfortunately, with Lily's visa being denied, my somewhat lack of support from the euro side on coordination, and the fact that I will be on the trail April->Sept or so, it doesn't look like it's happening.

Besides, I think the StP gathering will be a blast.

stove

Reaction score
heh have fun. In lieu of an American counterpart to 789, I'll be celebrating somewhere in mid-Washington hopefully, up in the Cascade mountains.

BananaPhuck

Reaction score
beach sounds good. not sure where.

Most of the Oregon coast is cold, all the time. It might be better at the southern part of the Oregon coast.

I have heard that Ashland is a good place for hitching to, but it is difficult to get out of. I'm not so sure about Grant's pass, because there really isn't anywhere to go that I can thing of.

Salem might be a good place if we want the press. Just go to the front of the capital or Water Front Park. For camping, I have family who own about an acre of woods, just south of Salem. And my other side of the family owns huge ass forest next to a farm just east of Salem. Maybe a few people can crash at my place (it might be weird for me to come home after a few months away, and be like "Sup Mom? I brought some strangers home to chill").

Redmond (close to Bend) might be another option. I have an uncle out there, who has a farm (or it was his girlfriends).

I have family through out Oregon, many frown upon my lifestyle, but they might let us stay at there places.

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
What about having it at Slab City ???
Alot of hitchers pass through.

And there are hitchikers gatherings there already......

If you wait too much longer to go to Slab City then you won't want to be there!
The season for slab city bearable temperatures is pretty much over with. Its soon to be 110+ degrees. :zombie:

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
I'd have to learn towards ashland. Decent weather, huge park, easy to hitch in and out of (I've never waited more than an hour) and if we did it legit I wouldn't expect too much tension with the locals.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
ashland would actually be a really good location.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads