Hippie Hatred (1 Viewer)

trystero

Lurker
Current Location
va/wi
i don't mind hippies as long as you're not outside my window dancing with light-up hula hoops to the grateful dead in the middle of the night because it's the first night of being over seventy since winter, fucktards.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
Philly.
I think that you all are looking at it all in an astetic way. It is more mechanical. simply culling of the heard. weed out the week. I don't want a road dog that will run when there is trouble. i want to be in crews that we got each others back. i like having comraads that rcipricate the same solidarity that i do. If my friends need me -4days-4weeks-4 months i'll be there ,and they would do the same for me. i don't need friend with loose lips, or someone thats scared to do some time. I call myself a kid, but i guess i'm a gutter punk by trade. I don't need no pacifists riding with me.

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
Philly.
I also want to add that I don't really hate hippies. some i actually really like. I didn't wake up one day and said i wanna be a punk it's just where i fit. I got alot of social issues. i am a genuine product of the system. Ive been in childrens homes since i was twelve. Ive missed 6-8 birthdays and christmases locked up.one christmas was in the hole. I am deep down inside thoughtful kind and intelligent. ther isn't a kid out there that if they were cold that wouldn't share my sleeping bag whith. I see a kid thats hungry or dting,i would feed them or buy them a beer. I'm a big money bum, i explore cities to find awsome spots to fly signs. I come back to the drag and blow my wad with whoever i might find. the fact of the matter is i won't make miles with someone that i don't trust to have my back. So i'm the most pissed off generous soul you may ever meet. fig tree you seem o.k. i don't judge anyones character or integrity untill i really meet the. this is also a forum so don't take my words to seriously. often times i'm being a stupid drunk kid .

Poking Victim

Lurker
Current Location
Spokane, WA
I reckon if you're a reasonable hippie and someone is a reasonable punk, this issue won't come up.
If it still does, go worship your crystals some more, hippie.

Nelco

Current Location
Chattanooga
I'm a big mixture of a lot of things..i can get down on a lot of stereotypes..it confuses the shit out of people and frustrates me..it's easier to know the things your not, than trying to fit into the stereo types of the things you think your supposed to be..good way to look at things or yourself..in terms of what you aren't instead.

Tripthetramp

Lurker
Current Location
USA
Can we add hypocrites to the list of labels being thrown around on this thread?
This is my beef....
Some people on this site (not everyone) goes on and on and on about fuck society, I can't stand society, I gave up everything society represents...and then turn around in the same post and call someone a hippie or a poser or a crusty kid, or a punk, and on and on it goes.
Where do you thin judging, labeling, excluding, and singling out came from? SOCIETY!
Man, in his infinite nature, in his true form knows no limitations of poor or rich or ugly or beautiful, or crusty or hippie. These are all labels that SOCIETY has told us exist and made us believe and begin to apply to the people and places around us.
Soooooo by judging someone, by labeling them, by playing the role of "elitist" you are now bringing society into a place where we are all trying to leave it behind. Good job, glad you're really "stickin" to society by keeping it alive by continuing to judge others by it's standards. Yup, you're really escaping it aren't you?
We are all travelers, we are all wanderers, we are all free spirits out here living life our own way, that is, not the way that civilized society wants us to live. Isn't that enough?
Society = EGO. If you really want to be free, check your ego at the door. On your way OUT into the world. You really want to be free from society? Don't bring it's ideologies out on the road with you.

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Current Location
Winnipeg, MB
This thread has basically become a place for people to trash everybody else and set themselves up on the throne of awesome.

It's not really working.

SkyeDawg

Lurker
Oh my GOD I think it's all just so fucking stupid...

It's amazing how ELITIST people can be. The people who consider themselves PUNKS and the people who consider themselves HIPPIES ALL ACT LIKE FASCISTS...

To assert that the entire world should think like you, because your way of thinking is correct and others are wrong- well, that's what we call FASCISM.

I think when people get into that debate, they're just showing how PETTY they are...

SkyeDawg

Lurker
"What's the difference between a punk and a hippy?

A tie-dye and a Black Flag patch"

Sydney

Current Location
Los Angeles, CA
Website
www.sunnywar.com
theres so much talk about punks and hippies on this sight. i thought it was spose to be about squatting and traveling, this is like some highschool drama bullshit. FigTree? how fucking old are you? get over it, wah wah wah! im a hippie, punks dont like me... wah wah wah! whatever dude, stop being such a lil bitch, grow some balls!

Sydney

Current Location
Los Angeles, CA
Website
www.sunnywar.com
theres so much talk about punks and hippies on this site. i thought it was spose to be about squatting and traveling, this is like some highschool drama bullshit. FigTree? how fucking old are you? get over it, wah wah wah! im a hippie, punks dont like me... wah wah wah! whatever dude, stop being such a lil bitch, grow some balls!

Beegod Santana

Wanderer
Current Location
everywhere
Theres a difference between an environmental activist; marijuana user; primitivist; or vegan and a hippie.
But I won't argue this further because fuck punks too.
I know many many people who are all those things. What does that make them?

P

pigpen

I deleted myself
i was trippin out the other week and and i thought of a cool little saying, or at least it was pretty cool at the time, you know how these things go.

Live like a punk, think like a hippie.

It may have been the other way around, and i'll admit while its extremely over-simplified, i don't pretend to have all the answers.

I've wasted a lot of time on this debate before and i can't in good conscience waste any more with there being so many more productive discussions, so i digress.

P

pigpen

I deleted myself
one more thing...

What did the hippie house guest say when asked to leave?

Namaste

hope that helped.

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
New Jersey, United States
theres so much talk about punks and hippies on this sight. i thought it was spose to be about squatting and traveling, this is like some highschool drama bullshit.
Ain't that the truth! This is still a good site though, lots of good info and networking... unfortunately our online travels
sometimes bring us to the land of bullshit, and I'm knee deep in it from just wandering onto this thread! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Macon for a super hot minute. Who what when where?
Finished an initial draft of a floorplan for my new van:
A lot has happened since returning to California. Just two days after returning from the road, I grew the courage to leave my abusive SO and stop hiding her abuse. I returned to my hometown in the Bay Area; I’m now going to stay housed up here until next summer as I recover from trauma and save up for my next adventure. I’ve just gotten a job offer, and will be renting a room of my own here!
I learned a lot about myself and the world on the road, but I know vagabonding is the life for me!
I never did complete an update here, did I?
Well, I rubbertramped all across the country, back from Boston with a fellow moderator from R&V. We drove from there to Las Vegas over the course of a month! I saw 4 national parks, 30 states, and crossed over 6000+ miles. I came back to Los Angeles on June 15th, having achieved my goal of hitchhiking the entire country, and was on the road for over two months.
3 weeks of CDL training starting Monday. Im so excited. Living in semi is an upgrade from living in the van, especially since your getting paid for it! Hells yea!!!
A list of all the magic stores in the U.S. would be a sick feature on stp. Imagine you get off the train desperately in need of smokes and a slam, but you got ran off every corner... Dont worry stp knows exactly where you can get pall malls and some steelies with those foodies you picked up in the last town.
Engineer J Lupo wrote on Matt Derrick's profile.
Happy Birthday, dad!
I really need to find someone catching out around at joseph... I don't know if I can do this for the first time in my own...
you are not immune to propaganda
EastCoastTurtle wrote on sydaavicious's profile.
You sould come chill in Bend. Could show you around. + its super chill out here.