Heylo to all! | Squat the Planet

loonaloop

Reaction score
Name is Giovanna. With that said, feel free to shorten my name or call me by my forum handle. Happy to finally be sitting down with this introduction.
I've only been browsing here and there. Looking to make connections and give back as much as I am able.
Currently in Roswell, New Mexico.
Will be heading to Santa Fe, Albuquerque and *fingers crossed* out to Taos as well.
After that on our way through AZ, UT, NV, CA, OR, and WA.

My partner and I have been on the road for 2 months. Began where we met in North Carolina. I am a Michigan native and he was raised in South Carolina. Met at a wwoof gig and after a year, we learned that being on the road, discovering and experiencing is right for us.

We cruise around in Bossy, the sport wagon for the mom who doesnt have it all but wants to pretend she does. A 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. We've turned around her perspective on the 'American Dream'. Took out some seats and now she has a bed platform in back with storage room below. Now she doesn't give a fuck about the status quo!

Not our first choice for a travel vehicle, but we're working with what we have and are grateful to have a way around.

Visiting national parks is becoming a priority. We utilize couchsurfing, work away and wwoof at the moment. Part of the exploring and discovering leads me to seeking places that will help teach me skills. I would like to learn more about homesteading and off grid living. Also, living in community! Intentional if you want to call it that or just straight up welcoming and aimed around living well and helping each other do the same.

Looking to meet up with folks who hike and backpack. We dont have proper gear to explore deep into the wilderness yet but we're looking to change that.

Would like to meet up with jewelry makers as that is something I would like to learn more about. Especially tool wise.

Dancers, movers, bodyworkers and musicians(my partner is in his glory when playing drums and is missing it)! Other travelers! Playful people! Dumpster divers in an area we are passing through to help us out with finding the right places and times. Anyone wanting to meet up and chat, show us around an area, or cook a meal together. :)

Here is our instagram: @Life_inthepocket There you can keep up with where we're at.

Thanks for reading,
Giovanna

D

deleted17310

That is the best intro I ever read. Welcome. You will be sure to find the friends and help you are looking for here. Have a beautiful journey

doomedswine

Reaction score
Look up a guy named Mateo Redhawk. He's in Santa Fe now, transplant from Phoenix. He makes the most breathtaking wire wraps. His "company" is called Gem Vines. You should really check his stuff out if you're in the area. I'm sure he has a Insta as well.

On that note, I'll be leaving Phx in a couple weeks heading west to California. Would be swell to meet some folks from here along the way.

Happy trails.

Reactions: loonaloop

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads