help!!

carlylanea

la fille canadienne
Reaction score
I somehow managed to get a pair of doubleflared plugs STUCK in my ears! I can't get them out and I don't wanna tear my lobes! Help please I really don't know what to do!

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Do you have a friend who's good with a dremel tool? Cutting off the plug would be what I'd try...

carlylanea

la fille canadienne
Reaction score
oooh! that sounds scary! haha electrical equipment that close to my face?...i don't know....

also theyre kinda weighted...do you think if I wait, they'll stretch enough....the flares aren't THAT big...........i'm just like panicking, I went to clean them and they would not budge.......

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Well, ceramic metal cutting discs won't cut flesh very readily. I'm a metal worker, so that is the first thing I'd think to do, you just have to watch out for heat accumilation, and I'd have you wear earplugs for the noise. Too bad you're nowhere near me.

carlylanea

la fille canadienne
Reaction score
wowee!! I don't even know what to say haha, I just keep picturing a horror movie happening...but if it doesn't cut flesh readily....maybe it'll be okay...I'd have to search for a metal worker though........oh crap wait..........
one more thing I forgot to mention...they're made of pyrex glass........

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
Can you spin them? If not, I think whatever you do is going to hurt, so pick whatever method you want. I say a really hot shower, a bunch of soap or lubricant and something to bite on. ...I feel like that could easily be quoted out of context.

Splinter

Reaction score
i had this issue with my septum, though not as extreme as your case sounds. i just lubed up and played with it for about 20 mins until it popped out.
be persistent

what size are they? and how large are the flares?

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Sintered diamond glass cutting discs also won't cut flesh readily, but they are a bit expensive. But I do have some, but again, I'm nowhere near you.

SachaBigHoopz

Reaction score
ice your lobes to make the swelling go down, then put some lotion on em and shove them out. But if you take them out your ears are gonna shrink up really fast so i would suggest just leaving them in for a little while and pull on them a lot and eventually they'll come out easy.

xbocax

Reaction score
put sum heavy locks on both sides leave em in for an hour and your ears should stretch enough to pop em out. Unless theyre not hallow then id suggest spending an hour with just the weight of your hand and arm puling down on them.

kai

Reaction score
just wait....they'll loosen up. don't cut them out or freak out. give them a week or two to heal and they'll loosen up no problem, try some hot salt water soaks and let them heal. if you just stretched them why do you wanna take them out??

i always wear double flares and eventually I have to take them out to sleep so that they stay in during the day.

christianarchy

Reaction score
agreed, every time i've gauged my septum its the worst to take out for like a day or two max, then its easy again.
update from yesterday?
what size you at, out of curiosity?

kai

Reaction score
just wait a lil bit longer, soon they'll be so loose you'll lose them in your sleep. mine sometimes fall out when I'm moving my head around.

the optimist in me also thinks that at the very least you got effective plugs.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads