Hello Hello!

carlylanea

la fille canadienne
Reaction score
I'm Carly, and I'm from florida. Honestly, I hate it here and I want to get out!!! Haha. I've been stuck in a small town for way too long and I know there's so much out there waiting for me. I want to learn everything I can...be a sponge for information. I want to meet new people and learn about life. I'm willing to listen to everything anyone would be willing to share with me. :)

Apples

Reaction score
Welcome to StP Carly, I'm Apples. There's a wealth of useful information here (search bar can be a useful tool if theres stuff you wanna learn). Good luck on getting out of Florida, hope to hear stories of your travels and maybe see you on the road.

xRastaxRuggzx

Reaction score
Where abouts in FL you from? Small towns suck anywhere for the most part if your there too long. I have been in Tampa for a while and enjoy it here... have fun travelling.

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Website
www.brandonwilliamson.webs.com
I'm from a tiny-town as well! So I know the feeling. Just a word of advice though: If you want to "get out" because your unhappy always remember that hapiness doesn't come from the external! I've been to West Palm Beach Fl. but that's as far as my extent goes.. I enjoyed the weather and the beach etc. Hopping back there maybe mid Feb. with my pooch hannah (new puppy) for the Gathering but everything is still up in the air! Nice to meet you Carly and welcome to StP. Good luck in your travels if and when you do decide to get-up and go.
later on
-b

carlylanea

la fille canadienne
Reaction score
Well I am a very happy person generally, it's just the people here! and the scenery.....the people are pretty much all unfriendly and there's litter everywhere, like the entire city is a garbage can. I'd like to go somewhere beautiful, with at least some decent people, and I know it's out there. :)

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'll tell you from experience then, NOLA ain't what you're looking for.

haha yeah.... try northern cali. its pretty and most of the people are on acid so you can have all the hugs you want...you seem like you like hugs. anyways, welcome. If you ever have trouble or questions message someone who has their name in orange italics like mine.

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Website
Definitely agree with ravie.
Carly, the Pacific Crest Trail in NoCal is so beautiful if you're looking for scenery and an eye-opening journey. Hopefully I'll make it there this summer.
and I know it's out there.
If you seek you will find! :p
(looking for it myself)

christianarchy

Reaction score
Definitely agree with ravie.
Carly, the Pacific Crest Trail in NoCal is so beautiful if you're looking for scenery and an eye-opening journey. Hopefully I'll make it there this summer.

If you seek you will find! :p
(looking for it myself)

if you wanna go nuts, do the whole fuckin PCT. I knew some 85 year old guys that did it. absolutely insane.

what is the scenery down there like? I've never been. I'm used to mountains and trees but I guess it's differnet in FL?

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Website
if you wanna go nuts, do the whole fuckin PCT. I knew some 85 year old guys that did it. absolutely insane.

I plan on hiking the whole trail one day, just have to make my way to it!
Mountains and trees for surroundings? Lucky

carlylanea

la fille canadienne
Reaction score
Poe Boy - I'm just going to NOLA for a quick getaway, I'm going for mardi gras to meet up with some of you fellow stp-ers.

Ravie - Sounds freakin amazing, and surprisingly.....I actually hate hugs...i'm not a fan of that whole closeness factor...idk i'm weird.

Miracle sun - maybe I will too! haha and i'm prepared to do as much seeking as possible.

Apples

Reaction score

Gonna be hiking it next summer. Did the entire AT (Appalachain Trail) last summer. This summer im doing some lesser known hikes through out the east. Then next summer i'm going on to the PCT.

Ravie is damn right about all the people on acid in NoCal. So true. I love it.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Well I am a very happy person generally, it's just the people here! and the scenery.....the people are pretty much all unfriendly and there's litter everywhere, like the entire city is a garbage can. I'd like to go somewhere beautiful, with at least some decent people, and I know it's out there. :)

pssst! Everyone raving (no pun intended) about norcal. If you really want to see some incredible fucking scenery you can't beat montana as far as I'm concerened. Watch out for bears!

DUDEGUY

Reaction score
yeah I'm from clearwater and stuck here looking for a road dowg I've squated and traveled all up and down the eaast coast and most mid west I'm getting ready to head out to seattle in a few weeks because it's as far from here as you can get if you still around and need some one to hitch and spange with hit me up or something

dysaster

Reaction score
Hey there Carly, my name is Jeff. I know how living in a small town feels too, I lived in Arlington, OR for 4 years, population 500. The town I live in now isn't big either 40,000 Coeur d'Alene, ID. If you're ever in the North West maybe we will cross paths sometime. I actually might be in Florida in August, I plan on doing a lot of traveling when the nice weather hits. I hope you find what you're looking for on here. Take care and good luck
-Jeff

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads