G20 Pittsburgh!

liberate_lancaster

Reaction score
So here's an update on housing for folks:
From what I can tell the best place for mass housing is going to be the climate convergence (Three Rivers Climate Convergence: United for Environmental Justice) , as it'll be an overnight encampment occurring for the entire week at Schenley Park in Oakland. There are some housing request forms on the resist g20 site but they're swamped and likely unable to put up everyone filling out a form.

so come out and camp with us at schenley - it'll be a party!

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the update! Now I've got nothing to worry about, aside from finding the place when I get there.

RoboIsGod

Reaction score
If anyone needs a ride from Boston/MA down to Pittsburgh, a friend and I are leaving the 22nd and have 2-3 spaces open in our car! If you are located in MA or any states that would be on the way (CT, NY) we could probably pick you up as well!

PM me asap if interested.

spoorprint

Reaction score
So here's an update on housing for folks:
From what I can tell the best place for mass housing is going to be the climate convergence (Three Rivers Climate Convergence: United for Environmental Justice) , as it'll be an overnight encampment occurring for the entire week at Schenley Park in Oakland. There are some housing request forms on the resist g20 site but they're swamped and likely unable to put up everyone filling out a form.

so come out and camp with us at schenley - it'll be a party!

I got an e-mail from the anti-war commitee this morning because the permit hearing was yesterday.All permits for overnight camping have been denied-which has to mean both Schenely and the Point..

Its a big city,you might be able to finda place, I don't want to discourage people, but be aware of the situation.

Later: here is the P'burgh department of public safety web site. Beware of cookies, open at your on risk.Has info on street closings and checkpoints. Department of Public Safety - G-20 Safety

M

Monkeywrench

Alright folks, I'm hitching out to Pburgh and will most likely get there at some point tonight. I know of some other places to camp--and if you wanna kick it, get some beers or cause some trouble, hit me up. 703-822-3816.

k8te

Reaction score
Does anyone know what's up with that whole thing where the city didn't give any groups permits to demonstrate? I know Al Gore's group got permission but fuck that shit.

spoorprint

Reaction score
nobody got permits to camp-ANSWER"S camp may be o.k. its on private (church) ground.
The climate convergence got permission for displays in Schenely but not overnite camping.
The Anti-war march for friday is permitted but where it ends seems to be up in the air.
The G20 resistantce project din't ask for a permit for thursday or the dispersed actions
Friday morning.They were smart.

RoboIsGod

Reaction score
so from curbscore's post it seems there is no longer any mass housing available, not even places to camp? does anyone know of mass housing spots or any other places that would have housing?

Swiper

Reaction score
as far as places to stay, people's houses/squats ETC, avoid the cities as much as possible. the police could raid them at any time, and that's the last place you want to be. get into pittsburgh, get out of pittsburgh as fast and easy as possible, because they are going to make life very very hard for people coming in and out of there, and even the people living there. so avoid the city itself as much as possible!

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
EDIT: Will be there by Tuesday afternoon. I'm coming with the caravan.

O

ontheroad89

It's short notice and not the Northwest but me and my friend are in Nashville and trying to get there, if anyone is going through here or from here and could help with a ride hit me up with a message please :)

downhome kid stoney

Reaction score
word, the cops are not playing, me and two other kidfs were drinkin under a brdige near 10th street on southside and a crusier and a van with 10 cops came out and hassled us, starting askin why we were here shit like that... becareful kids... ...also the cops have taken all the trash cans and newspaper stands off the streets and outlawed pvc pipes for the durataion of the week
as far as places to stay, people's houses/squats ETC, avoid the cities as much as possible. the police could raid them at any time, and that's the last place you want to be. get into pittsburgh, get out of pittsburgh as fast and easy as possible, because they are going to make life very very hard for people coming in and out of there, and even the people living there. so avoid the city itself as much as possible!

Franny

Reaction score
I can't go because I have to work.

GOD, I SUCK. SERIOUSLY.

Anyway, while someone's in the PGH could you maybe do me a favor? There's a vacant furniture store on the corner of Penn and Winebittle. If you take a right down the alley behind that store, you'll run into a white house with purple trim. I have their keys, but I don't know the address.

I know this sounds incredibly strange, but it's true. And I'd like to return their keys if they haven't changed their locks already.

Puddles

Reaction score
what's going to say more, hundreds of people surrounding the building, with their signs and shit, not saying anything. not a peep. just being there and holding up a sign, ignoring video cameras and doing this in peaceful legal silent protest....OR the same hundreds of people crowding and yelling and having things get violent and a riot forming and cops beating into the crowds, all of it getting recorded and the media, being what it is, only showing the cops getting hurt...think about it. it would perpetuate a bad name and the message would not be heard.

crazy i know, but i had a whole conversation over scenarios like this and then some, with a guy named shawn from cambridge. he's planning on going with a bus full of folks. it relates, i guess only in that we were talking about this event. i hope to go, but i also hope things go in favor of the people, instead of those world powers..

it just sparks thoughts..

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads