G20 Pittsburgh! | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

G20 Pittsburgh!

M

Monkeywrench

Alright, kids. Pittsburgh police are not fuckin' around. I've been here since Friday and police presence is nuts.

Avoid downtown as much as possible unless you're with a small group, or a demonstration. I'm kickin' it with a big group of dirty kids in we've been getting shit left and right.

Housing is extremely short and all the campgrounds that people have been saying are available and safe--aren't. The ones that are reasonably safe are all full. The yard is hot, and bridges (like Stoney pointed out) are bad idea--but squattable houses are PLENTIFUL.

Also, be prepared to be stopped by news stations. Reporters have boners for crusty folk. Stay safe, StP.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I just got back. Hopefully everyone is alright; I know some folks are still in jail.

Everyone that was part of the Bash Back march or the "spacebag" affinity group rules. I just wanted to let you know that, haha.

Dear dirty kids; please stop saying dumb shit to the media. Ignore them.

Puddles

Reaction score
Dear dirty kids; please stop saying dumb shit to the media. Ignore them.

Again just throwing it out there, media contorts everything, and in most cases, I believe, is not an ally for getting our words out. Sometimes there are folks who want to help, but in the long run, money talks. Silence will be our loudest message.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Again just throwing it out there, media contorts everything, and in most cases, I believe, is not an ally for getting our words out. Sometimes there are folks who want to help, but in the long run, money talks. Silence will be our loudest message.

Exactly.

Luckily the one dirty kid interview I saw wasn't bad at all... but I did witness and overhear one where someone exclaimed loudly "I'm here to smoke meth and fight cops".

Funny, yes, but I don't think normal people would realize it was a joke, haha.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads