folk punk bands?

Jawline

Reaction score
Captain Chaos, Carload of thieves, Against me! Tom Gabel (against me's singer), Hail Siezures, Wood Spider, imadethismistake, Rosa, Steve Layman,The Loved Ones, Nothington, The Menzingers, Apologies I Have None, The Gaslight Anthem, Trunks and Tales, Warren Franklin, Into It Over It, Dead Bugs, The Gunshy, Joe Jack Talcum, Mischief Brew, You Blew It! Koalacaust, Laura Stevenson and the Cans, Billy Bollinger, Connor Bryne, Attica attica, Andrew jackson jihad, Asking for it! Daniel West, Michael Jordan Touchdown Pass, Toby Foster, Mike the Drive, Paul Baribeau, Paul Blest, That Kid With the Guitar, A Rebel's Glory, Nana Grizol, Defiance Ohio, American war, Aspiga, i've always considered ps eliot/bad banana and lemuria folk punk but its pretty easy to argue against it.
Theres also Pat the Bunny and any of his projects.
also Tim Barry, Brown Bird, and if youre into a little more bluesy sound The Devil Makes Three rocks!
Alot of these are just a dude with a guitar, and probably just slightly fit into the genre, but they just came to mind as i went.

Rolling Blackouts

Reaction score
Aside from all the awesome bands that have already been mentioned:

--Northern Aggression (?)
--old Against Me!
--Chervona (Portland)
--The Crux (somewhere in the Bay)
--Distordeon (Cascadia)
--Dirty Kid Discount (Portland)
--Black Mould (Cascadia)
--Ghost Town Rejects (Cascadia)
--Di Nigunim (Oakland)
--Main Street Mouse (Santa Cruz)
--Fierce People (New England-ish?)
--Folk the System (VA?)
--Hot Damn Scandal (Cascadia)
--The Taxpayers (Portland)
--Holy Holy Holy (Portland)

and mad props forever to Johnny Hobo aka Wingnut Dishwasher's Union, aka Pat the Bunny.

BobbinGoblin

Reaction score
Website
www.howlattheloom.com
There are too many good fuggin' bands on this thread... can't read them all now. But I won't repeat the most popular ones...

There is a band called LYNCHED from Dublin:

Also, Ignorance, Mallory, Folk the System, Evan Greer, J(E)ssi(E) Willi(A)ms, Wood Spider, Zach Weir....

Sonny

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
It might have been mentioned before but I dont really wanna read through all the posts so sorry, but Devil Makes Three is one of my favorite bands of this genre.

Reactions: Cristian

veraladd

Reaction score
wingnut dishwashers union johnny hobo (anything pat the bunny) ramshackle glory (not so folk but still pat) Ghost mice Defiance Ohio Mountain yellers Whatever everyone already told u good stuff but I find it necessary to reinforce the importance of Pat ;)

Reactions: barefootinbabylon

Everymanalion

Reaction score
"Last Pale Light In The West" by Ben Nichols, Great GREAT album. I hate Lucero but i love his solo shit, so amazingly melancholy and great for traveling. Plus, i second Trampled By Turtles, amazing band.

DregeDE

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Confuse. They are so punk and shitty they trump most I have ever known. Also they are asian, not that matters one whit . . .

3knd

Reaction score
There are too many good fuggin' bands on this thread... can't read them all now. But I won't repeat the most popular ones...

There is a band called LYNCHED from Dublin:

Also, Ignorance, Mallory, Folk the System, Evan Greer, J(E)ssi(E) Willi(A)ms, Wood Spider, Zach Weir....

This is pretty awesome.

JonnyNothings

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the plug fawn!
The good bands are:
Blackbird Raum
The Hail Seizures
Broken Half
Pass The Jug
Black Death Allstars
Abandon Ship!
Mischief Brew
Andrew Jackson Jihad
Mutiny
Strawfoot
Dandelion Junk Queens
Day's n Daze
I don't care if other people think they suck but I love Wingnut Dishwashers Union and some Johnny Hobo (though it gets annoying)
Slug's Revenge is a good one
I really like The Anorexic Olsen Twin but some people can't stand them because of Chris Burrows voice, but if you like it you'll like Asking For It
The Curse Is Cast is a lot like Blackbird Raum if you like them
Evan Greer
Jonny Nothings
Little Ghostthings
The Pasties
Paul Baribeau
Robert Blake is awesome (I'm not sure but he may be a member of Mischief Brew)
Saw Wheel
Simple to Remember
This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb
Tiny Letters
Tom Frampton
Ursula
Whiskey Smile

Not really punk, but fuckin' good folk:
Jeffrey Lewis
The Devil Makes Three
The .357 String Band
2nd Street Rag Stompers
World Inferno Friendship Society (gypsy tunes)
The Can Kickers are amusing.

I hate Ghost Mice, MANTITS, and Tin Tree Factory shit like that because it's annoying and the lyrics are dumb as all hell. The singers are nasally and I just can't stand to hear it, but that might just be me.

Reactions: bryanpaul

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads