folk punk bands?

bradbradidea

Reaction score
ill throw out a couple might not be eactly what ur lookin for but here some good stuff that i dont think got mentioned. even greer, jeffrey lewis and the junkyard, FRANK TURNER IS THE SHIT, 37 cents, cranford nix, pass the jug, captin chaos(ghost mice) and erik peterson(misceif brew) both have really awesome solo stuff idk thats all for now, gonna have to check out i few things i came across here!

bryanpaul

Reaction score
post youtube videos on this bitch.......cuz i'm lazy

oh yeah....and once again.....check out the youtube channel for "artichokeification"
4'000+ "folk punk"y songs and counting

bryanpaul

Reaction score
Has anyone listened to Ramshackle Glory yet? I love Pat but his new stuff may ruin it for me..... Stilll damn amazing or burned out?
good shit LOOKITUP....

ipoPua

Reaction score
artichokeification on youtube. channel, not band. the dude behind it used to be in zombina& the skeletones who're pretty rad. they werent folk punk at all but fun stuff. alot of the bands are shit, alot are really excellent. all independent bands obviously, just random poor kids doin their thing.

Sancer412

Reaction score
It seems like folk is becoming the new ska... but being a fellow folkie Ill help ya out... You should check out Andrew Jackson Jihad, Defiance Ohio, Tin Tree Factory, Riot Folk collective, Chumbawamba, and of course Mischief Brew... Let me know if ya like them.

CHUMBAWAMBA IS STILL MAKING MUSIC?! I thought they were a one hit wonder with that song "I get knocked down", or whatever it's called, then disappeared. If so, I'm downloading their new album ASAP.

DregeDE

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Sassparilla
Found their CD "the Darnedst thing" in the trash at my work - What a find man, I love em!

JelloBiafra

Reaction score
DEFIANCE OHIO, Andrew jackson jihad, johnny hobo and the freight trains, this bike is a pipe bomb, ghost mice (i personally don't like them very much but one of my buddys really likes them)

Smell The Magic

Reaction score
Levellers, Chumbawumba and 3 Daft Monkeys are all awesome UK based folk/punk bands.
Chumbawumbas new stuff is purley folk but stilll great so if want more punk based stuff make sure you check out there material from the late 90's early 00's.
If anyone likes folk/punk with more of a dance/trip hop feel to it they should check out Back To The Planet who formed while squatting together in London.

DFA

Reaction score
Website
wemakezines.ning.com
I apologize if any of these got mentioned before me, but I don't want to go through all this thread with all this damn good music that would take me years to listen but here are some of my favorites I like now, with links to youtube/music!

Black Market Prophets
https://www.facebook.com/BlackMarketProphets

Cutthroat Shamrock

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cutthroat-Shamrock/10150106548700366

Trampled By Turtles

https://www.facebook.com/TrampledByTurtles

Rum Rebellion

https://www.facebook.com/RumRebellionofficial

I don't know how I feel about blackbird raum right now....I used to love them, but I know a crew of kids in santa cruz who keep telling me one of them rapes girls, or did in the past. Might just be rumors, but still bums me out to hear people within our community disrespecting women...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads