first solo ride: 3 trains, 3 days and a school bus

Reaction score
Ok, so i parted ways with my friends cal and jared in evansville, IN. They were going back to the east coast and i was headed to new orleans. I got to the yard and then i started making my way to the bridge that is the supposed waiting spot for SBDs and sure enough the bull is there. So i have to go through some pretty rough terrain to get down the tracks far enough out of the bulls view and by the time trains get to where i am they are going too fast for me to get on. So things look kinda hopeless and plus i had already missed the birmingham train i was trying to get on. So i said fuck it and went to sleep and woke up to a stopped DS. Didn't know which train it was and really didn't care just as long as it was going south away from goddam indiana. So i couldn't get down the train far enough to find a well that wasn't a suicide before it aired up so i just got into a damn suicide. About an hour later it starts fucking pouring raining and all my shit gets soaked and it doesn't stop raining the whole 14 hours till i get to the next major city which i thought was atlanta but turned out to be BIRMINGHAM. I roll into the yard and peak my head out and sure enough i see the fucking bull. So i stay on through the yard and get off when its going through downtown on the fly. I get on a bus to the yard still soaking wet. When i get to the yard theres a SBD crew change taking place and i didn't want to end up in memphis so i just asked the crew where the train was headed and they said, "eventually, new orleans". Titty fuckin bingo. The train was just a bunch of work equipment they were moving from atlanta to nola. And the car i got on had an NS school bus on top of a flat trailer. After we got outta the yard and well out of birmingham, I checked to see if the bus was open and sure enough it was. So i was riding in a school bus on top of a train. And inside the bus there was all these workers' gear and i ended up finding an NS hat and some other shit. Which was pretty badass. Anyway, the train sides for like 6 hours outside of meridian, MS and then dies when it gets into the yard. So i get off and go to the SBD waiting spot which is underneath a RR overpass and everytime i peaked my head out to look around i saw an ominous white SUV cruising around. So i had to go further down the tracks and wait at the wye and get on my train on the fly. Which i ended up doing before the night was over so no harm, no foul. The next morning i find myself in the middle of a very big body of water and being from louisiana i knew it was lake ponchatrain and it never looked so damn beautiful. It was actually kinda cool riding through the lake. It was kinda like being on a boat cause the only thing around you is water and you're rocking back and forth. About and hour later i was in tha quarter. 3 days, 3 trains, 3 bulls, a fucking school bus and lots of rain. Seemed hellatious while it was happening but in hindsight things went pretty well.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
Hey where you at now? I made it back to ohio eventualy. Got stuck in Nola for like a week kinda intentionaly but yeah then rode to atl spent 4 days there then on to cincy

elbowjames

Reaction score
there was a while i was catching trains into out of and all around birmingham

i cant wait for closer to summer weather
its so nice when traveling things just work so well you keep moving around very fast

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
man Ive had a few hell tours on the back on an IM in the pouring rain..not fucking fun

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads