Figure it out yourself, asshole! (Becoming independant) | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Figure it out yourself, asshole! (Becoming independant)

ary

Reaction score
thanks errryone...glad to see i figured 2/3s of this stuff on my own wit a lil help n glad that theres individuals like yall who know what the fuck is up...im actually enjoyin not havin a c-c, more research, more knowledge gained, n a whole lot more fun findin good hop out spots... the railroadmap is priceless, made my computer a shitton slower, but still worth every mb haha... slowly n surely gaining the knowledge n info on the legacy of one of the only true american arts...i keep finding myself amazed at the sheer volume of information n wisdom to be learned from people who society passes of as lowlife bums.. thanks to every last hobo in history to help out another, i tip my skank to yall, you are the true americans...

ary

Reaction score
haha my boy farted so haneous(spellin?) i smelt it on a movin pig in a bucket hahaha

ary

Reaction score
good fuckin info...glad to see i figured out most of the internet searchin myself, but i still learned new shit... the links to the symbols is great, already knew georgiarailfan, i only been ridin csx, pretty easy symbol sytem it seems compared to up n bnsf, n i cant wait to hop west to figure it out (ive riden around 1500 miles so far in my 1st 5 months n am beyond stoked). im so stoked to be learnin this shit, n i am constantly amazed at the sheer volume of knowledge that exists gathered from the 100+ this greatest american art has existed...n likewise im awestruck at the vast intelligence possessed by people who society passes of as lowlifes (i had faith in yall all along haha). i tip my skank to every last hobo to every help out another, you are true fucking americans, n i mean that from the bottom of my heart, or brain or whatevr the fuck makes me spew out this stuff haha....TRUE FUCKING AMERICANS

ary

Reaction score
whoops, posted twice....oh yea, from a beginner to a beginner, gain knowledge on your own, cuz in the end all you have is yourself, n a c-c guide aint the holy grail. i had one for two months n it led me astray many times, they are useful but many times wrong, it says it on the first page... if you really respect the rails, learn, KEEP YOURS EYES MINDS N EARS OPEN! n ask q's if you got some educated questions to ask... you think our brothers at the turn of th 1900s had this resource at their disposal? HELL NO!!! n from a beginner to a beginner, first n foremost RESPECT THE RAILS N THE RIDERS!!! play it smart n play it ninja, there are people out there whos lives are the rails, n in a lot of cases, if you act a fool you will be dealt with accordingly. hoppers are some tough motherfuckers, n most dont take shit.. this aint a trend, n you can easily die, n fuck up the livelyhood of many diehard dedicated individuals who wouldnt n dont want life any other way... long story short RESPECT RESPECT REESSSSSPPPEEEECCTTT!!!!

GutterGrayse

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Everyone has the right to their opinion, and I think you make some valid points, although I don't agree with everything you said. THank you for posting helpful information, though. It is much appreciated.

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
GutterGrayse said:
Everyone has the right to their opinion, and I think you make some valid points, although I don't agree with everything you said. THank you for posting helpful information, though. It is much appreciated.

Devil's Advocate here, and I am just curious, what DIDNT you agree with?

Feral

Reaction score
Overall I think that all of the substantial posts in this thread are great, and a wonderful wealth of resources for those that do not know much about riding freight. I personally think that Bones has a point tho when he states that everyone started someplace, and extending a hand for help in the general direction of another traveler should never be frowned at, because I am guessing that all of us have asked someone a question before, that we could have found elsewhere but we were hoping that those that had similar lifestyles would help out. Even asking a home bum where the nearest booze store is at.... well hell we could look that up on the internet too its just easier to ask someone that already knows. In addition to that, there is a huge amount of bad information that is floating around the web.. never can tell what you are going to get, even here on STP

Reactions: Alley Dredd

Uncle Mom

Reaction score
Website
www.freedirtfilm.com
thanks for the post

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
If someone was looking for a friend of yours as to stab them in the face, Would you tell them, or make them figure it out for them selves. Information is not a privilege it is the right of every person to be educated.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
If someone was looking for a friend of yours as to stab them in the face, Would you tell them, or make them figure it out for them selves. Information is not a privilege it is the right of every person to be educated.
bad analogy.........it's my right to not educate if i dont wanna.....alot of info and specifics about hoppin trains can be kind of a priveledge....you dont wanna be sendin a buncha idiots out to the catchout spots if you think theyre gonna trash shit and blow it up.......a few people have the ability to bring the heat down on a whole yard......so yeah.......nuttin wrong with bein picky about who you tell shit to

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
that's true it is your right, but a little info might help a "noob" learn the ropes and just because a person is an idiot doesn't mean he/she doesn't deserve a little help here and there. Seems to me that train hoping is now just another form of elitist bullshit.

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
Overall I think that all of the substantial posts in this thread are great, and a wonderful wealth of resources for those that do not know much about riding freight. I personally think that Bones has a point tho when he states that everyone started someplace, and extending a hand for help in the general direction of another traveler should never be frowned at, because I am guessing that all of us have asked someone a question before, that we could have found elsewhere but we were hoping that those that had similar lifestyles would help out. Even asking a home bum where the nearest booze store is at.... well hell we could look that up on the internet too its just easier to ask someone that already knows. In addition to that, there is a huge amount of bad information that is floating around the web.. never can tell what you are going to get, even here on STP

the bee's knees right here..

mylon

Lawn Care Enthusiast
Reaction score

That has got to be the worst analogy I have ever heard. Besides that, surely as someone who is so concerned with human rights, you understand we have a right to our own opinion and freedom of choice. Therefore it is my opinion that I shouldn't have to spoon feed overly entitled fuckers like you, especially since this is not information necessary to your survival or well being, and I am choosing not to.

I created and put this information here to help people educate themselves and amazingly enough you aren't the first person to complain that I should be doing more for you. Honestly, did you read anything other than the title? I can only imagine so, so I emboldened key words to help you comprehend. Mods, do me a favor and take this thread down.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads