Figure it out yourself, asshole! (Becoming independant)

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
That has got to be the worst analogy I have ever heard. Besides that, surely as someone who is so concerned with human rights, you understand we have a right to our own opinion and freedom of choice. Therefore it is my opinion that I shouldn't have to spoon feed overly entitled fuckers like you, especially since this is not information necessary to your survival or well being, and I am choosing not to.

All i was saying is if someone is looking for some help, why not give them the info they need instead of being a douche bag about it. Is it really going to hurt your ego that much to know someone knows the same information as you do.

I created and put this information here to help people educate themselves and amazingly enough you aren't the first person to complain that I should be doing more for you. Honestly, did you read anything other than the title? I can only imagine so, so I emboldened key words to help you comprehend. Mods, do me a favor and take this thread down.

Did i complain that you didn't help me out? pretty sure i never asked for your help at all. so take your bold words and shove them up your ass. harty harty har..

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
PS, the kids who really want to do it, do it. Some learn, some don't.

that's true.. the reason i don't ride trains is because i don't give a fuck about trains, i would rather ride a bike or walk, but i would also like to see the people who don't really know how to ride the rails, learn from the "elite" hobos, instead of being treated like garbage because they have not been doing it as long.

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'll help out anyone - if I think they're worth helping out.

A kid hanging out near a yard watching trains with good, honest questions? I'll help him/her out.

A kid who's just getting drunk under a bridge and wants to ride trains to go to Rainbow Gathering and has no real respect for the trains themselves or the amount of time it's taken myself and others to accumulate this information? Fuck him/her, they can learn on their own.

I think what gets me more than anything is that it's pretty easy to find info. Google and the internet in general are a million times more useful than the crew change guide, in my opinion. I think it's just pseudo-punks who want a sense of elitism that complain about not getting hooked up with info: "I want the CCG so I can show it to girls at parties and tell them I'm a big bad hobo!"

Reactions: Bl3wbyyou and MrD

40 Hands

Reaction score
I wouldnt expect to know nearly enough after any amount of internet research to just hop on a train and wing it. Id get one of my friends to show me the rails or post up near a yard for long enough to find someone to hop with. Im a noob but im not going to ask questions that will give me an end all search of info. This isnt trip planner dot com, its squat the planet. I might ask to meet up, or for the most scenic route of nor cal, and places to avoid. But i wont be asking What should i expect when rolling through my first yard or How to get to the juggalo gathering by freight. Cuz ill have someone there with me when i roll through my first yard showing me the way, and im totally planning on being in Nor Cal this fall so im straight on the gathering.

Missy

Reaction score
I might ask to meet up, or for the most scenic route of nor cal, and places to avoid. But i wont be asking What should i expect when rolling through my first yard or How to get to the juggalo gathering by freight. Cuz ill have someone there with me when i roll through my first yard showing me the way, and im totally planning on being in Nor Cal this fall so im straight on the gathering.

I just puked a little in my mouth.

Bl3wbyyou

Reaction score
Granted i just got back from my 1st 6 weeks out on the rail with a decent set of people.And i feel as if i got enough experience where i can just go on my own.I did research the subject for about 4-5 months before i even thought of the idea.Though it was always on the back burner to catch out and see the country.

I am sure as hell glad there is a forum like this around.If it wasn't for this place then i wouldn't have met my 1st group and circles who has been riding for 11 yrs to show me the basics.With his help i got a pretty good understanding.But i am still learning new things every time i head out.Its all about the trip be it good or bad.But ill always be looking for someone with more experience then i to help me out or i can help them out with whatever in return for knowledge.

I wouldn't be too afraid of taking some newbies on myself.But i still lack a ccg which i know ill pick up.And that would be the final piece of the puzzle for myself at least for sometime.

But yeah thanks to everyone who has helped me to go out there and hit the rails.I really regret not doing it earlier in my life to be honest.But im still young and can do this for as long as i like to.

ipoPua

Reaction score
i dont understand the people who talk shit on kids coming on here asking for advice. 'figure it out', thats what theyre trying to do. its a useful resource for a topic thats really difficult to learn, if you dont wanna help, dont help. i dont understand why you have to piss your pants everytime someone tries to get some guidance

P

Pheonix

This used to be a real informative thread until Meatroll got mad at all the stupid kids on the internet and edited the original post. Meatroll did you not realize there are stupid kids on the internet before you started this thread? Your acting like Widerstand getting all pissed off that this info is so easily available when your the one putting the info out there. If you don't like the stupid kids on this site then do what Widerstand did and create your own website for your precious info even though you know the stupid kids will still go to your site and read your info anyways.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
You know what, most info is easily available. The kids who come on here or elsewhere and look shit up aren't the issue, because their actually taking the time to look for themselves. The problem these days (at least in my eyes) is we are in the era of self entitlement and just plain lasy ass mother fuckerness.

These days I get emails from random kids who flat out ask me.."Yo, where do you catch out in Pittsburgh. here is my cell #" and that's it.... WTF!!! this is a weekly fucking occurrence. That or "hey man whats your cell number, I have some questions about train hopping", or the usual "where can I get a CCG" bullshit. NO hey man..bla bla bla..just right to the fucking point.

Whats even worse is they write me or try to add me on facebook, then ask me a fucking question you could find in a heart beat if you just fucking type it in google. Its fucking retarded. I even get kids telling kids they haven't even met in real life to message me asking for info...its fucking pathetic.

I'm down for new kids hopping freights and Im also down for helping to shape future generations...but....people who cant make the effort to look up shit on there own will not cut it period.

All that to say I don't think posting tips on train hopping is going to hurt anyone as most off the skids wont even take the time to read it anyhow. Sharing actually catch out info with people you don't know or haven't met is a different issue all together.

P

Pheonix

Im in the same boat dude. And in my experience when you do take the time to help out with a speck of info most folks offer no thanks in return. Fools turn'in me into a premature crotchety old man!!

But there has been alot of people commenting and thanking Meatroll for the wonderful info he shared. But instead Meatroll only sees the one idiot that gave him shit so he sabotaged his own thread.

ipoPua

Reaction score
wize, yeah thats definitely some serious bullshit. but like, i would have no idea how to figure out getting on trains if it werent for this site. i -still- hardly have a clue lol. i dont expect to have anything handed to me and i would never be so rude or selfentitled as to think i had the right to ask for a straight walkthrough, but i've still been given shit for asking simple questions. eh doesnt matter though i definitely get what youre saying, i just think some people take it too far and treat -every- noobie like one of those prick kids

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
These days I get emails from random kids who flat out ask me.."Yo, where do you catch out in Pittsburgh. here is my cell #" and that's it.... WTF!!! this is a weekly fucking occurrence. That or "hey man whats your cell number, I have some questions about train hopping", or the usual "where can I get a CCG" bullshit. NO hey man..bla bla bla..just right to the fucking point.

duuuuuuuude. you have no fucking idea. i feel your pain.

i dont expect to have anything handed to me and i would never be so rude or selfentitled as to think i had the right to ask for a straight walkthrough, but i've still been given shit for asking simple questions.

one of the things ive learned over the years (running this website) is that it's the internet. it's way too easy for people to talk shit through the safety of their screens, and a lot of the time if you had the same conversation with them face to face, they would be much cooler about it, or even be pretty awesome people. my point is don't take it too much to heart, there's a lot of dicks out there, but just as many cool people, it's just that the cool people don't make their presence known as much cause it's easier (on the internet) to bring attention to yourself when you talk shit.

Reactions: ipoPua
K

Kim Chee

Whats even worse is they write me or try to add me on facebook, then ask me a fucking question you could find in a heart beat if you just fucking type it in google. Its fucking retarded. I even get kids telling kids they haven't even met in real life to message me asking for info...its fucking pathetic.

duuuuuuuude. you have no fucking idea. i feel your pain.

OK, gentlemen. I have a solution to your cash woes. Start a website that offers choo choo info in exchange for cash. Get one of those paypal button thingies that a future train rider can click on, spend some cash and get an answer.
I want 10% for all proceeds earned by using this completely awesome idea.

***As for the original post: Yahoo.com is a pretty good search engine if you find Google unsuitable.:D

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads