East Coast

Whiteyisacommiefaggot

Reaction score
With the sky as my roof and the Earth as my living
First timer for heading out east.
As A Cali boy, I'm pretty used to the whole liberal, laid back, attitude and I hear that the east coast is completely different from what I am used to...
So, any advice that will help keep me from ending up dead and sodomized in a dark alleyway would be appreciated.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Yeah, I'm headed out there too and also don't want those things. Ditto.

hassysmacker

Reaction score
DOn't be an asshole.

Be aware when you're in a bad neighborhood (you can get the feeling) and try to avoid them at night.

And just don't expect everyone to be nice or stoned, 'cause they're not necessarily.

But in my opinion, following those simple little pieces of advice, the east coast is in no way as asshole-ish as the world would have you believe. It's just...gritty.

flashinglights

Reaction score
hassysmacker nailed it. basically just don't cop an attitude, don't display anything someone would want to steal and you shouldn't have many problems (even in 'bad' neighborhoods). don't eyeball people doing dirt, or walk into the middle of their dealings. etc. etc. i spent a year and a half in the northeast in some broken down ass areas and never had any more trouble than kids yelling at me, which you can get in any podunk cowtown out west.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads