East coast travel?

Japhy

Reaction score
My friend billy and I want to travel fairly soon, with time to get our packs ready. We reside in buffalo, NY. If anyone has any idea where a good place to travel to for a little while, I'd be more than thankful for your help. I'm new at this, so all the help is appreciated.

Rise 609

Reaction score
Depends on what your trying to see. If you wanna go through the mountians or stick near the water head farther north. If you'd like to get farther away from people then head south or west.

Shoestring

Professional Hobo
Banned
Reaction score
Rolling, empty boxcars to Sioux Falls, South Dakot
Website
www.youtube.com
I started to say Niagra Falls, but if you're already that close, you probably hate the Falls since you've seen them already so many times! lol!

Visit NYC! You could make it there and back in fairly good time. I went and saw the "World Trade Center" site two winters ago and took a stroll all over Manhattan as well as Central Park to boot. When you're anywhere even close to the "WTC" site, you actually can still feel the people that were involved with that disaster! Being I had a pack on my back, nobody bothered me downtown. Public transportation in NYC will get you just about anywhere you can imagine from New Jersey, all the way out to the tip of Long Island! I wound up taking the Long Island Railroad public transit-train to Port Jefferson mid-ways out on Long Island then hopping on a ferry from there to Bridgeport, CT for only $10.00 walk-on fare! This way you get to see Long Island Sound to!

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
I started to say Niagra Falls, but if you're already that close, you probably hate the Falls since you've seen them already so many times! lol!

The falls are amazing, but that's got to be one of the shittiest, most dilapidated towns I've come across in a long while.
Who'sever in charge of that place must be pocketing all that tourist money, 'cos it doesn't seem like it's getting into the city at all...

Japhy

Reaction score

hhaa yeah dude, I can take a 40 min drive there. I was thinking more towards Albany, and then going from there? We recently had travelers from Montreal come at the apartment not to long ago, I still have their signs. I think it'd be sentimental to use them ha.

Raging Bird

Reaction score
Website
www.ragingbirdofyouth.tumblr.com
oh man, anywhere but buffalo, lol...no offense. first thing I ever did was get to 95 then hitch hike anywhere on the east coast, that's easy as hell. you won't see the country or anything, but there's a shitload of major cities that are right there. Philly, DC, richmond, savannah, charleston, miami...all nice places to hang out.

Raging Bird

Reaction score
Website
www.ragingbirdofyouth.tumblr.com
NYC is probably the closest it goes to you, but that's the major highway of the east coast if you're trying to hitch hike. Once you get into it, you'll buy maps and pore over them for hours at a time, fantasizing hahah. If you're anything like me, that is...

Thanks for buffalo wings, they really are my greatest joy in life.

Nym

Reaction score
personally i liked Tennessee alot.
Chattanooga was my favorite city there.
so if you go that far out, i think it would be worth your time to check out!
its a really beautiful state and very music oriented.

drunken marauder

Reaction score
First time I ever got arrested was in Fucking Buffalo.. Nicest jail I've graced yet ahahahahaaaa

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads