• Thread starter rideitlikeyoustoleit
  • Start date

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Plagueship, you need to cool it before you start earning a few warnings. That goes for any flaming by anyone on this subject. Keep it civil.

Mayor Cantrell

Reaction score
Usually the East Coast, South, or Midwest
I'm going to take issue with a lot of people's responses to this thread. Thinking about what cisgender means absolutely does not mean sacrificing your critical thinking for some political demands. It means critical thinking about a very diverse group of people whose common identity bond of being transgendered gets trampled on due to the privileging of cisgendered over transgendered.

I understand where everyone's coming from with being labeled "cis." No one wants to labeled, but sometimes labels are necessary for understanding how thing are operating in our society. The prefix "cis" keeps trans people from always being the "Other." Otherwise, without cis, anyone who isn't trans is viewed as normal, and therefore in relation, trans people are outside of normality.

I think the goal of creating these labels is to highlight something that is fucked up, change it, and then destroy the distinctions.

I do agree that there is pressure to conform to the political ideologies within so-called 'queer identities." But you know? That's something that's true for any subculture or culture. There's always pressure to conform. And the fact that there are queer communities means that it's a response to how we label people so much on the basis of gender and sexuality. So therefore, why are we illuminating the need to conform within one specific community with such flagrant hostility?

Trans people need to be able to organize to highlight how they are systematically kept from being viewed as human, and that means creating a language that shows the nature of gender-normative relations.

If you have a problem with it, well, think about critically. If you're having a deep-seated emotional response to it, feel through it and try to find the source of it. Maybe you have a valid criticism, and maybe there's something in you that works to disadvantage other people that aren't like you. I mean, I identify as queer, but if someone brings up a valid criticism of "the" queer community, then I'll think about it, feel it, and accept it as true.

However, most of the responses I'm seeing to this are deeply insensitive.

Saying that things like gender-reassignment surgery and hormones are unnecessary, that being transgendered is a choice, and that "cis" people is more dehumanizing of a prefix than "trans" are all purely false.

Being transgendered is no more of a choice than being homosexual is a choice. In other words, it just isn't. Gender reassignment surgery and hormones are necessary because without them, you feel as if your body is wrong (and there's a lot of evidence to indicate that this happens on a bio-neural level, so that happens prior to the social realm meaning that just thinking about it differently isn't going to change it. People need those things in order to feel fully human. Also, if there is a prefix for "trans" people, why not have a word for "cis" people. More words mean more things for people to feel, express, and use. In other words, it makes us more human to have that word.

I'm not arguing for people to conform to any particular way of thinking about this. I just wish that people would stop making the allegation that there is only way to answer these questions. And that works on all sides of the spectrum, "PC" or not. Just think critically, and don't assume that because someone uses a language that makes you uncomfortable that it means that they've become a slave to some trendy new political fad. Because you know what, that completely invalidates experiences that are not your own, and that cuts you off from being able to understand them and think freely about them. So, in the end, you become a slave to your own normative thought patterns, just the same as the yuppie drones we all hate.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Personally, I find it pretty disappointing that how many posts there are here denying any kind of privilege whatsoever, I just think that's unrealistic. Also, crazy liberal leftists are not out to get you in your sleep.

infekt

Reaction score
Ok, so maybe I am "privileged", seeing as how I was born with a dick and identify as a straight male. So what? I didn't choose to be this way.... I was born this way. Its not my fault I'm "privileged", so stop fucking hating me for it. Seriously...

venusinpisces

Reaction score
Plagueship, you need to cool it before you start earning a few warnings. That goes for any flaming by anyone on this subject. Keep it civil.
Plagueship was only responding to being called an idiot by a moderator so it appears there is a glaring double standard going on here regarding who is allowed to lash out at others. Why take issue with "flaming" when you're calling banned members douchebags, anyways? Under the policies of most forums, that phrase would easily qualify as a personal attack. This is probably a big reason for why so many members here are justifiably giving you so much criticism about censorship, since the mods are given free reign to lash out while innocuous posts criticizing political correctness are deleted. Think about it.

Mayor Cantrell

Reaction score
Ok, so maybe I am "privileged", seeing as how I was born with a dick and identify as a straight male. So what? I didn't choose to be this way.... I was born this way. Its not my fault I'm "privileged", so stop fucking hating me for it. Seriously...

I don't hate you for being "privileged" but it is an identification that can be used to help better understand how our world works. Some people have more privilege than others, and that's a fact. Facts don't require hatred, only acknowledgment. It's an identification, just like any word like it, and the feeling connoted by it mostly depends on the attitude of the person wielding it.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm going to take issue with a lot of people's responses to this thread. Thinking about what cisgender means absolutely does not mean sacrificing your critical thinking for some political demands. It means critical thinking about a very diverse group of people whose common identity bond of being transgendered gets trampled on due to the privileging of cisgendered over transgendered.

I understand where everyone's coming from with being labeled "cis." No one wants to labeled, but sometimes labels are necessary for understanding how thing are operating in our society. The prefix "cis" keeps trans people from always being the "Other." Otherwise, without cis, anyone who isn't trans is viewed as normal, and therefore in relation, trans people are outside of normality.

I think the goal of creating these labels is to highlight something that is fucked up, change it, and then destroy the distinctions.

I do agree that there is pressure to conform to the political ideologies within so-called 'queer identities." But you know? That's something that's true for any subculture or culture. There's always pressure to conform. And the fact that there are queer communities means that it's a response to how we label people so much on the basis of gender and sexuality. So therefore, why are we illuminating the need to conform within one specific community with such flagrant hostility?

Trans people need to be able to organize to highlight how they are systematically kept from being viewed as human, and that means creating a language that shows the nature of gender-normative relations.

If you have a problem with it, well, think about critically. If you're having a deep-seated emotional response to it, feel through it and try to find the source of it. Maybe you have a valid criticism, and maybe there's something in you that works to disadvantage other people that aren't like you. I mean, I identify as queer, but if someone brings up a valid criticism of "the" queer community, then I'll think about it, feel it, and accept it as true.

However, most of the responses I'm seeing to this are deeply insensitive.

Saying that things like gender-reassignment surgery and hormones are unnecessary, that being transgendered is a choice, and that "cis" people is more dehumanizing of a prefix than "trans" are all purely false.

Being transgendered is no more of a choice than being homosexual is a choice. In other words, it just isn't. Gender reassignment surgery and hormones are necessary because without them, you feel as if your body is wrong (and there's a lot of evidence to indicate that this happens on a bio-neural level, so that happens prior to the social realm meaning that just thinking about it differently isn't going to change it. People need those things in order to feel fully human. Also, if there is a prefix for "trans" people, why not have a word for "cis" people. More words mean more things for people to feel, express, and use. In other words, it makes us more human to have that word.

I'm not arguing for people to conform to any particular way of thinking about this. I just wish that people would stop making the allegation that there is only way to answer these questions. And that works on all sides of the spectrum, "PC" or not. Just think critically, and don't assume that because someone uses a language that makes you uncomfortable that it means that they've become a slave to some trendy new political fad. Because you know what, that completely invalidates experiences that are not your own, and that cuts you off from being able to understand them and think freely about them. So, in the end, you become a slave to your own normative thought patterns, just the same as the yuppie drones we all hate.

Holy shit, that was really well written, and I hope people here take those points to heart. Thank you!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Plagueship was only responding to being called an idiot by a moderator so it appears there is a glaring double standard going on here regarding who is allowed to lash out at others. Why take issue with "flaming" when you're calling banned members douchebags, anyways? Under the policies of most forums, that phrase would easily qualify as a personal attack, which is probably a big reason for why so many members here are justifiably giving you so much criticism about censorship. Think about it.

Like I said, that goes for anyone. Gudj included. I know you like to think from your anarchist armchair that we're fascist overlords out to oppress you, but in reality we just don't care that much about you. Please get off your high horse and keep this thread on topic.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I don't hate you for being "privileged" but it is an identification that can be used to help better understand how our world works. Some people have more privilege than others, and that's a fact. Facts don't require hatred, only acknowledgment. It's an identification, just like any word like it, and the feeling connoted by it mostly depends on the attitude of the person wielding it.

Also well said. It's not out of hate towards cisgendered people that folks are bringing this stuff up.

Reactions: kadenelias

venusinpisces

Reaction score
most of the responses I'm seeing to this are deeply insensitive.

Being transgendered is no more of a choice than being homosexual is a choice. In other words, it just isn't. Gender reassignment surgery and hormones are necessary because without them, you feel as if your body is wrong (and there's a lot of evidence to indicate that this happens on a bio-neural level, so that happens prior to the social realm meaning that just thinking about it differently isn't going to change it. .
Personally, I'm coming from the perspective of having had a very close friend who transitioned from female to male and then decided that this had all been a horrible mistake. After the surgery and permanent hormonal changes had taken place, he was now stuck with a decision that would be with him the rest of life. I probably spent hundreds of hours trying to dissuade him out of committing suicide, since he wanted a husband and children yet was stuck with facial hair, a mutilated chest (his words, not mine), and a deep, male-sounding voice. I've also spent time around a lot of drag queens in Hollywood and SF who were constantly going back and forth between presenting as male or female. A lot of them were Navajo, which, like most Native American tribes, had a gender category called "two spirit" that was far more flexible than the medicalized definition of "transexual" and its implications of permanence. Because this part of Navajo culture was suppressed by European colonists, they are now expected to get surgery in order to fit into mainstream society. Part of what disturbs me so much about the spread of transexuality and all its accompanying profits for the medical industry is that it brings with it an erasure of so many tribes' cultural heritage. There is something very wrong about the idea of gender dysphoria as a disorder, because accepting this label means accepting that there actually is something wrong with people's bodies when they are not presenting in the "correct" way. Like Linda said, there is more emphasis on "correcting" the body instead of confronting cultural conditioning and the way it influences gender deviant people to believe there is something fundamentally wrong with who they are.

Mayor Cantrell

Reaction score
VenusinPisces, I sympathize with that experience on a lot of levels. As someone who has gone back and forth on identifying as trans and cis in different times in my life, it's quite a struggle to know who I am because the language and culture of American gender pulls on me in confounding ways. I identify as cisgendered right now, but there was a time in my ilfe where the only thing that prevented me from getting hormones and surgery was the lack of any forms of ID or money. It is very painful to not know who you are and how to enter into a loving relationship with yourself.

You brought up an aspect of cis/transnormativity that I didn't know you were addressing. It is incredibly fucked up how two-spirit people are placed in this juncture in which white ideas of gender overshadow their cultural, lived experience. Being trans and/or two-spirit (depending on how you formulate it) should never be pathologized, and it sounds like we agree on this matter. I think that the discourse on trans bodies and selves is extremely complicated though, and while the predominant factor in the suffering in gender dysphoria comes from gender normative structures and norms, I think it is entirely possible that another part may be due to biological and neurological pre-programming. In other words, if it is true that genetics, brain structure, and social norms all play a part in constructing gender, then it may not be enough to just have society accept more than two genders. It may require medical intervention, which is problematic because currently Medicine operates in a field of power governed by capitalism, cis and heteronormativity, and white supremacy. However, if it is true that gender is completely socially constructed, then the narrative that having non-binary systems of gender is the best way to see gender, then surgery would not be necessary. I think it's a very dense discourse, and no single person has THE solution to it. But that's why these conversations are so crucial, since we need to find some set of solutions that work well for all people, cis and trans.

little_owl

Reaction score
How do people only associate being aware of cis-gendered people and their privileges as people who are only transgender or transexual? I don't like sexism, that includes gender roles. I don't care for the term cis-gendered because it does kind of create a label for people that should just be associated with being sexist and buying into b.s. gender roles but for people to just think it's people being "overly pc" or "liberal" is absurd.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
Fucking Really. WTF. I'm so sick of all this petty fucking infighting bullshit within our community (punk, anarchist, traveler, ? comunity) How can we ever hope to make this a better world when we cant even get along within our own community? This shit is so fucking lame.

You know we are all fucking human, Whether we're Male, Female, Straight, Queer, trans, So called cis (which in my opinion is fucking stupid), rich, poor, White, Black, Purple, what the fuck ever. We are all still human. That's the only thing that should fucking matter. I don't see why the rest of you cant see it that way as well. Why we can't even get along within our own community.

As far as all this super PC shit goes well If anything here lately I feel I'm being hated on, stereotyped, and discriminated against for being a straight white male. So fucking sorry I was born this way. Did I ask to be what I am? No, But I happen to like who I am. So that makes me wrong and a privileged piece of shit for it? Whatever. Fuck all that, Fuck all the racist bullshit, Fuck all the homophobic bullshit, Fuck all the anti trans bullshit, and definately fuck all the super PC I'm hollier than though bullshit most of all. I'm a nomadic human that was born with a dick and I'm fine with that. And if you don't like me for who I am you can choke on my fucking dick.

As far as the privilege thing goes for you just to say that I'm privileged because I'm white or so called cis or whatever in my opinion is stereotyping and discriminatory because you do not know my background from birth or anyones for that matter except for your own.
a little background on myself just so you can understand where I'm coming from.
I grew up well under the poverty guidelines with my grandmother and her 3rd husband. He (my step grandfather) beat me and my grandmother regularly and severely, broken bones were a common thing in our home he also sexually mollested myself and my younger brother and sister for most of our childhood lives. He always threatened to kill us in our sleep if she (my grandmother) left him. I ended up leaving home at 15 to sleep under bridges and in squats because it was safer than being at home.
If this is being privileged then you can fucking have my privilege.

oh and if you decide to have your dick removed and get a pussy or the other way around that IS a choice you made. It's not like you would die or some shit if you didn't do it. It's something you felt right and wanted so you cose to do it. It is a choice. unless someone held a gun to your head the whole time and forced you. Being homo sexualy can be something your born with and not a choice but having yourself surgically altered is deffinately a choice. That is my opinion on that.

I also do see somewhat of a double standard going on here as well where it seems that all the pc members of this site can stereotype, hate on and bash other non pc members but it is not ok for the non pc members to do so (no one pc or non pc should be doing this) or to even disagree with you or express there own opinions.

I think there is a lot of shit we ALL need to work on and get over our differences and learn to cooperate with each other if in fact we are going to call ourselves a community. And it needs to start happening soon.

Oh well fuck it rant over for now.
And I know I will get tons of shit for saying all this but it needed to be said so fuck it whatever. And you can hate me if you like but it will just further prove what I'm saying.

• Sad
Reactions: Mankini

xbocax

Reaction score
Fucking Really. WTF. I'm so sick of all this petty fucking infighting bullshit within our community (punk, anarchist, traveler, ? comunity) How can we ever hope to make this a better world when we cant even get along within our own community? This shit is so fucking lame.

You know we are all fucking human, Whether we're Male, Female, Straight, Queer, trans, So called cis (which in my opinion is fucking stupid), rich, poor, White, Black, Purple, what the fuck ever. We are all still human. That's the only thing that should fucking matter. I don't see why the rest of you cant see it that way as well. Why we can't even get along within our own community.

As far as all this super PC shit goes well If anything here lately I feel I'm being hated on, stereotyped, and discriminated against for being a straight white male. So fucking sorry I was born this way. Did I ask to be what I am? No, But I happen to like who I am. So that makes me wrong and a privileged piece of shit for it? Whatever. Fuck all that, Fuck all the racist bullshit, Fuck all the homophobic bullshit, Fuck all the anti trans bullshit, and definately fuck all the super PC I'm hollier than though bullshit most of all. I'm a nomadic human that was born with a dick and I'm fine with that. And if you don't like me for who I am you can choke on my fucking dick.

As far as the privilege thing goes for you just to say that I'm privileged because I'm white or so called cis or whatever in my opinion is stereotyping and discriminatory because you do not know my background from birth or anyones for that matter except for your own.
a little background on myself just so you can understand where I'm coming from.
I grew up well under the poverty guidelines with my grandmother and her 3rd husband. He (my step grandfather) beat me and my grandmother regularly and severely, broken bones were a common thing in our home he also sexually mollested myself and my younger brother and sister for most of our childhood lives. He always threatened to kill us in our sleep if she (my grandmother) left him. I ended up leaving home at 15 to sleep under bridges and in squats because it was safer than being at home.
If this is being privileged then you can fucking have my privilege.

oh and if you decide to have your dick removed and get a pussy or the other way around that IS a choice you made. It's not like you would die or some shit if you didn't do it. It's something you felt right and wanted so you cose to do it. It is a choice. unless someone held a gun to your head the whole time and forced you. Being homo sexualy can be something your born with and not a choice but having yourself surgically altered is deffinately a choice. That is my opinion on that.

I also do see somewhat of a double standard going on here as well where it seems that all the pc members of this site can stereotype, hate on and bash other non pc members but it is not ok for the non pc members to do so (no one pc or non pc should be doing this) or to even disagree with you or express there own opinions.

I think there is a lot of shit we ALL need to work on and get over our differences and learn to cooperate with each other if in fact we are going to call ourselves a community. And it needs to start happening soon.

Oh well fuck it rant over for now.
And I know I will get tons of shit for saying all this but it needed to be said so fuck it whatever. And you can hate me if you like but it will just further prove what I'm saying.

this is generally how straight white males feel when having to confront their privilege
hard to accept when you wanna be a decent person
but its here its standard and its an issue

again privilege does not guarantee you any status in life but for the most part will guarantee you being "the norm" and not affected by a lot of hateful thoughts and actions acted upon you

xbocax

Reaction score
every hardship you have ever faced in life would have a high chance of being ten fold if you were transgendered or some times over if you were a person of color

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
I agree, that's what this is about. Certain people are being consistently disrespected by everyone else and they are asking people to be aware of that and try to cut it out. A good step twoards stoping infighting and being able to see eye to eye with everyone. Being open to hearing about ways that a group want's to be treated or not treated makes more sense to me than telling them to shut up, and that they're just being pc. That is in fighting.

It's not like I have never felt like that too. Most everyone has. I used to be like most of the posters on this thread and think that we are all equal and you are just hating on me for being white and I cant help it. But then I started listening and not just being defensive, something you should start on too. I almost always am read as a straight white male. I am not, but that's besides the point. Being read that way sometimes times makes the company I'm around challenge me a little bit more, or are harder on me when I fuck up than if I wasn't, because they are so used to straight white males abusing their privilege and not listening. Far more often however, being read that way grants me access to a ton of places and responses from people that I wouldn't get otherwise. There are too many of those situations to even start listing, but once you start looking for them, you will see them EVERYWHERE. That does not make me hate myself or feel guilty for being perceived that way, but it does make me want to listen to folks who don't have those same privliges when they alert me that something I'm doing is making shit even harder for them, and makes me want to be careful that I don't start (or continue) navigating the world by just relying on my privilege, instead of by earning respect and being who I am.

Again, that is missing the point. Also, no-one is attacking you so get the fuck over it and stop being defensive so you can listen. This is a systemic issue, ALOT of white, straight, cis, able bodied, male, ect. have hard lives. Duh, that's the fucking world that we live in, life sucks and we have forgotten how to treat each other. Some trans people end up rich, some people of color end up being president. That in no way erases privilege. How many redneck fucks call barak obama a nigger? How many times do you get attacked by those same recneck fucks because you are trans, or a person of color?

First of all, way to unite our 'community' by invoking this false pc/nonpc dichotomy. These two groups don't exist, there are people who are being respectful of someone else at the moment, and those who aren't (and those who aren't are always the ones to bring up p.c.). But beyond that, the reason (for me) that I have been reacting that way is because all your trans/homophobic and racist comments are shit that I hear every fucking day in real life, have absolutely no argument value, and are designed to silence people instead of encourage conversation (much like your post is designed to end the discussion). Also, it is alot more damaging for some piece of shit to post about how trans peoples bodies are 'monstrosities' than it is for a trans person to tell a cis person to check their fucking privilege. They aren't even comparable.

The bottom line is that if you want people to "Get along within our community", it's a prerequisite to listen to other people when they let you know how you could help make getting along easier.

Reactions: Ash Ludd

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
this is generally how straight white males feel when having to confront their privilege
hard to accept when you wanna be a decent person
but its here its standard and its an issue

again privilege does not guarantee you any status in life but for the most part will guarantee you being "the norm" and not affected by a lot of hateful thoughts and actions acted upon you

So how I feel when having to confront my privilege? Hard to accept when wanting to be a decent person? I like to think that I am a decent person. How does me having some sort of privilege get anything to do with what kind of a person I am?
So maybe straight white males do have some sort of privilege. Maybe I even have a LITTLE myself.
But how is you or anyone giving me shit about having some sort of privilege going to change anything?
To me giving me shit about having some sort of privilege I don't even give a shit about is not going to change a damn thing. To me it is just fucking annoying.

And I'm sure as fuck not abusing it or anything. If anything It's like I threw that privilege out the fucking window by choosing to live the life that I do, by riding freight trains, by wearing the clothes I do, by having dreads, by dumpster diving for my food, and by all the other aspects of my life that aren't the "norm".

I agree, that's what this is about. Certain people are being consistently disrespected by everyone else and they are asking people to be aware of that and try to cut it out.

Yes it is annoying. And yes I am and try to stay aware. That is why I read the whole thread and didn't just close and ignore it. I always try my best to be respectful of others and I wish others would do the same.

It's not like I have never felt like that too. Most everyone has. I used to be like most of the posters on this thread and think that we are all equal and you are just hating on me for being white and I cant help it. But then I started listening and not just being defensive.

I do listen, but yes I do get shit for being a white male more often than you'd think whether you want to believe it or not. But yeah I do believe that we should all be equal. We are all human. Why should anything else like race or gender or sexuality matter? In my eyes it shouldn't

Again, that is missing the point. Also, no-one is attacking you so get the fuck over it and stop being defensive so you can listen. This is a systemic issue, ALOT of white, straight, cis, able bodied, male, ect. have hard lives. Duh, that's the fucking world that we live in, life sucks and we have forgotten how to treat each other. Some trans people end up rich, some people of color end up being president. That in no way erases privilege. How many redneck fucks call barak obama a nigger? How many times do you get attacked by those same recneck fucks because you are trans, or a person of color?

Again whether you choose to believe it or not I have been attacked by PC kids for being a straight white male. One example is some PC kids stayed at our place for a few days this past week while they were passing through Columbus. Anyway we were all drinking and after getting drunk (maybe if not drunk it might not have happened but anyway thats beside the point) they started giving me and two of my roomates shit about the way one of my roomates partner dressed, saying that we were sexist for encouraging her to dress the way she does saying it was degrading to her. Well she was there fortunately and told them we did not encourage her in anyway to dress the way she does that she simply likes to dress that way. and she did not feel degraded at all that she actually felt proud because it shows she is a woman and shes proud to be a woman.
Alot I get that since I'm a "straight" "white" male I must be sexist or homophobic or racist. I am none of these things. I'm not even fully white. I have american indian herritage as well and my daughter is part mexican. I have quite a few queer friends and some feminist friends as well but I still get accused of this shit sometimes by PC kids for not being PC, and it annoys the fuck outta me when it happens.

Oh and any redneck fuck or anyone for that matter that calls barak obama a nigger is a racist piece of shit and deserves no respect whatsoever and therfore will not get any respect from me. Barak Obama is a human so he's not white but he is a human none the less. Thats all that should matter.
And I do get shit pretty often from those same redneck fucks. I get shit from them like "you anti amerikkkan piece of shit", "If you don't like it here leave", "get a fucking job", "it ain't no depession no what you riding trains for", "you're just lazy", and quite often i get "fag", "what you queer or something boy? why you dress like that?", "fucking faggot", "why you got dreads you trying to be a nigger", "cut your fucking hair you're white", "only niggers got dreads", "why you digging in the trash for", and countless other stupid shit.

First of all, way to unite our 'community' by invoking this false pc/nonpc dichotomy. These two groups don't exist, there are people who are being respectful of someone else at the moment, and those who aren't (and those who aren't are always the ones to bringing it up p.c.).

From my experience I have seen two very distinct groups, PC and those who aren't PC. I am not PC but I still do my best to be respectful of everyone. I don't call anyone fag or nigger or dyke or any dumb shit like that, I try to address people how they want to be addressed so maybe sometimes i might say something like you guys when talking to groups of people that include women. If they take offence I apologize . just little shit like that. All that supper PC shit just annoys me personally but I still try to be respectful anyhow, because to me PC or not respect is very important and so many people need to learn that.
Respect, unity, equality, all things I wish there was more of in this world.

Also, it is alot more damaging for some piece of shit to post about how trans peoples bodies are 'monstrosities' than it is for a trans person to tell a cis person to check their fucking privilege. They aren't even comparable.

Anyone who says that a trans persons body is a monstrosity is a piece of shit that deserves no respect. If someone chooses to have there gender surgically changed that is their choice and their business, and who is anyone to tell them they are wrong or a "monstrosity for doing so, even if they think so they should keep that to themselves. Again people need to learn some fucking respect.
As for a trans person telling me to check my privilege if I've done nothing to provoke them. Well that in my eyes is being disrespectful as well.

The bottom line is that if you want people to "Get along within our community", it's a prerequisite to listen to other people when they let you know how you could help make getting along easier.

And Again I do listen and care otherwise like I said before I wouldn't have even bothered to read the thread in the first place.

Reactions: Mankini

UrbanNokizaru

Reaction score
Website
ninjabikeslut.tumblr.com
this is being ridiculously over complicated, privilege boils down to this:
Different things that may or may not be personal decisions (race or sex for example) make it so that you have higher chances of being treated well in our societies. It doesn't mean every white cis-guy is gonna live like a king or that every hispanic trans-woman's life is gonna be hell, but it does mean that it's more likely and probable, that is all...

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I believe that if people spent more time trying to achieve things and less time trying to pigeonhole themselves into categories, we'd all be better off. We're all humans.

xbocax

Reaction score
this is being ridiculously over complicated, privilege boils down to this:
Different things that may or may not be personal decisions (race or sex for example) make it so that you have higher chances of being treated well in our societies. It doesn't mean every white cis-guy is gonna live like a king or that every hispanic trans-woman's life is gonna be hell, but it does mean that it's more likely and probable, that is all...
indeed

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads