Chicago, IL | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Chicago, IL

freepizzaforlife

Reaction score
ive made good money busking by union station, if you're into records, there is reckless on north milwaukee, but you have to go to wicker park to get there, wihich I don't reccomend, unless you want to meet some rich crusty kids from the suburbs

ashley

Reaction score
Well I live in Wicker Park, a northside neighborhood in Chicago. I see a lot of travlers here, this is the more arty district of Chicago. You can make a lot of money here, as well as met really nice people! Hopefully I'll see you around

drunken marauder

Reaction score
So whats up folks whose in Chicago or got some info for me... I should be in town later this week hopefully if things go right havent been out that way in awhile........

Sip

Reaction score
Hey mates,
First time going to chicago. Been around it before and gone through it once, but I hate huge cities normally, so I tend to avoid them. Unfortunately, the guy I spent all summer with, names Cameron, wants to go, he has never travelled much and is a bit nervous about the whole thing. I know the place can kind of get rough. I don't want him to get there, get afraid of the dark, puss out and go home.
So I'm kind of being a hypocrite right now, because normally if someone else asked where the best places to crash in chicago were, I'd tell them to get the fuck out there and look around. Figure it out. Explore. Find a squat or a likely crash spot. Now, I would like nothing better than to spend a day scouting out a decent sleeping spot in the city. I've been around some, and I know what to look for, but it would make my mate feel a fuck of a lot better, if I could say, "Some friends of mine said X was a decent place to crash." This kid is kind of depending on me to handle shit, so I have to know what I'm talking about.

Any ideas?

left52side

Reaction score
Get on the bnsf passenger train and head out towards aurura or wheaten area.It costs like 6 bucks or you can get on other trains to the suburbs like to matsen or the blue line out to the mall area,plenty of places to sleep away from the city.

Reactions: Sip

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads