Chicago, IL

L

libri

hey all,
a friend and i are coming to visit chicago this summer, and we're not really sure yet where we're gonna stay for some of the time. so do you know about any squats or communes in the chicago area where one can just show up and stay for a while?
appreciate yr advice!

moe

Reaction score
come by wicker park, chicago, im sure youll meet some kool squatters there and take you down to some place and help ya'll out.=]

moe

Reaction score
is the place to go, if you're coming from someplace else. there's always some shit going on, and you'll meet all sortz of cool ass people.
if you're coming down to wicker park, chicago, or any part of chicago let me know, maybe we'll hook up and i'de love to meet you all.
-peace,
squirt.

Geoff

Reaction score
there are lots of hipsters in wicker park. but good food and bookstores.

moe

Reaction score
it's always been really cool for me, cuz i see cool people, they look like asses but that's cool. it's starting to change, and sucking a bit.

moe

Reaction score
There's something about wicker park that makes me want to always stay there. i don't know what exactly it is, but it probably has to do with the people. You could find more than about 20 people you think you're in love with. But you never see them again. The would just look beautiful or perfect in a certain way, and i mean this in like a non-weird stalker way or whatever. lol. Then, yeah. there's the bums. haha, i always find them really friendly and funny whenever i pass by them, that i would always give them some moeny if i have any. Now, economy takes over. places are going out of business and shit, it's all sad. i'm afraid, one of these days, wicker park, will just become another empty neihghborhood, with nothing but banks, and stupidass real estate offices.
and so im starting to miss those lively younger and exciting days. =[
i miss the crowd of kooass squatters, on them corners of milwakee, north, and damen.=[
if they've been around, then shit, where the hell have i been. and i especially miss that asian shortshort skaterdude.=[
yeah.

DigitalYouth

Reaction score
Wicker Park isnt the worst place to spend time, a bit expensive though... but i guess thats chicago in general. There is that one really cool book store (i forget the name), and reckless records is worth checking out.

moe

Reaction score
will anyone be coming out to chicago?
im desperate i want to meet new people lol.
talk to them about the conspiracy of happiness.=D

blah......

Geoff

Reaction score
Wicker Park isnt the worst place to spend time, a bit expensive though... but i guess thats chicago in general. There is that one really cool book store (i forget the name), and reckless records is worth checking out.

was the bookstore quimby's by any chance??? i liked that store alot. they have a badass selection of zines that could keep me busy for hours.

DigitalYouth

Reaction score
i forget the name, it might have been on milwaukee though? its been a while since ive spent some time in chicago, but i wanna say it was just down from the double door, but i might be wrong. but the store was an entire house (basement to attick) packed with books. not the best place if you cant handle confined spaces, but you could literally spend hours in that place.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
wrong section. moved to destinations.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads