Carhartt overalls>>>Cute dress | Squat the Planet

Carhartt overalls>>>Cute dress

mkirby

Reaction score
Website
meredithkirby.com
I loved my carhartt overalls because of their durability and million pockets, but hated the fact that being female I had to unbuckle everything in order to pee. Also the fact that I was basically swimming in them, especially my skinny little legs, and that they were heavy as hell, bothered me.

So I cut off the legs at about the knee, opened the inseam, and restiched them into a dress. It is the greatest accomplishment of my diy career. Never before has an article of clothing been so practical, and yet so comfortable.

GIRLS!

Turn your overalls into dresses!!!!

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
Your not the first and fortunately won't be the last to discover this wonderful invention that can be made with a pair of carhartt overalls. I've seen other versions where folks have turned these into jumpers or various forms of dresses. Definitely take some pictures and put em up on here!

ray beez

Reaction score
carharts are hard to sew through, but sounds neat. i happen to love the dickies utility dresses. i have one of the older kinds, that zips, the fabric is good quality and i sewed lotsa pockets on em, then wear leggings with them

mkirby

Reaction score
Website
meredithkirby.com
3590-2009-05-03-150417
3591-2009-05-03-150438

3592-2009-05-03-150520

Reactions: 40 Hands

sprout

Reaction score
Right on. I rock a Carhartt jumper as well. Had to do a lot of modifications to it to get it to fit me well. The only pair of Carhartt bibs that actually fit me are the kids bibs.

M

Mouse

my mom gave me a pair of carharts that fit but are too short (I'm 5'9'' and shes 5'4'') a dress sounds like a great idea.

she'll probably kill me for doing it though. lol "why did you ruin them!!"

D

Deleted member 1505

aw i have one too! Only i cut mine too short on accident and I'm still working on adding some length...yours turned out really nice.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads