Bernie Sanders | Page 6 | Squat the Planet

Bernie Sanders

blank

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
That's just a fantasy, there is no "growing up" for a species, it's just change forever. Working together is how humanity develops and when you do that in a large scale they call it a government, which does not mean "to control minds" lol. Who gets elected clearly and objectively makes a huge difference for a massive amount of people. It's okay to play mental gymnastics to rationalize not voting but I think that kind of thing is supposed to happen quietly in your own head where nobody can point out how how obviously different some people's lives would be without criminal laws, labor laws, any regulation at all, welfare, etc. etc.

Maxnomad

Banned
Reaction score
Evo morales, the president of bolivia, just resigned a few hours ago along with a lot of his staff in what a bunch of latin american leaders are calling a coup. The main groups calling for his resignation seem to be pro-american conservatives, the military and the police. Bolivian conservatives and mike pence, among others, are saying the election results look shady and theres gotta be a recount, with totally different people handling the count, no mention who those people would be. Morales was the countrys first indiginous president, came from a family of subsistence farmers, and was a labor organizer for coca growers before he got elected

Uruguays president from 2010-15 was a tupamaru guerilla who did twelve years in a military jail, gave away his entire salary and just crashed at his wifes place (gf scam president?!), i wanna say cause he was opposed to the idea of property
The first 9/11 was 9/11/73, when a cia backed group did a military coup, youve probably never heard of salvador allende but i bet youve heard of pinochet

Yea, bernie kinda sucks. Its not hard to guess why theres a lot more radical sentiment in places like bolivia and kurdistan. Its also not hard to guess why westernized radicals are so fucking weak. A lot of the work to be done is just unsexy and depressing. Not to mention boringly legal. Clean water in flint, transitioning to a different electrical supply cause "rewilding" or whatever would involve killing everyone in icu's and then everyone who relies on insulin etc, any number of actual problems could be solved if we can hold our nose and our pride for ten minutes once a year. Ive only voted in local elections, only cause i thought trump vs hillary just didnt matter. Bit a president who didnt back coups in bolivia and pull promised military support for kurdish rebels so erdogan could kill them the second theyre not useful would be cool. Ubi that wasnt a sheisty trade for healthcare an stamps. Would be cool. Bernie as president would be objectively. noones gonna force you to wear sandals or anything

Maxnomad

Banned
Reaction score
You know, fellxs, theres this theory where youre both right and it involves like, a transitional period where everyones ability to live collectively is nurtured by social institutions and then we do

Communism

Mongo

Reaction score
Yea, if I understand it correctly. I'm really not following him super closely, but I was pretty sure he wanted to replace all social services with just a thousand bucks a month

What he states he wants is an opt in design, so either you could take the thousand dollars a month or if benefits a person could be on was worth more they can have those benefits instead of taking the thousand.

Maxnomad

Banned
Reaction score
Yea but then youd just have access getting harder an harder, less staff at offices and more pressure to just take the cash, which is just enough to starve on. Its not ubi if your other benefits are conditional

Mongo

Reaction score
Or handfuls of dedicated STP members could start NGO's and start pooling money together to buy swathes of land and building headquarters and farms.

If 100 dirty kids put 500 a month away for 3 months they'd have $150,000 pooled together. Assuming they could get there shit together and work aside each other for that long.

roughdraft

Reaction score
Or handfuls of dedicated STP members could start NGO's and start pooling money together to buy swathes of land and building headquarters and farms.

If 100 dirty kids put 500 a month away for 3 months they'd have $150,000 pooled together. Assuming they could get there shit together and work aside each other for that long.

and ironically the thread took a rest for a few weeks upon this comment

• Epic
Reactions: Juan Derlust

EmmaAintDead

Pro-Crime /// Anti-Peace
Reaction score
500 a month in savings is a ridiculous amount even if you're steadily employed. Trying to get 100 travelers to do anything is already enough like herding cats, let's not turn this into a high fantasy of 100 people somehow getting solid above living wage jobs with 500 a month in disposable income.

Mongo

Reaction score
500 a month in savings is a ridiculous amount even if you're steadily employed. Trying to get 100 travelers to do anything is already enough like herding cats, let's not turn this into a high fantasy of 100 people somehow getting solid above living wage jobs with 500 a month in disposable income.

I was referencing the numbers for 1000 a month UBI plan. Living off half of that is pretty easy

Last edited:
Reactions: Juan Derlust

roughdraft

Reaction score

you're not wrong, but change up the timeframe and it'd be more feasible; save 50 dollars for 10 months and there's 500.

Granted I get that it's a fantasy to get 100 people to cooperate

WyldLyfe

Banned
Reaction score
Woah... ok I dunno which mod keeps deleting my posts, I posted on this thread (unless im mistaken and it was another about bernie made by Coywolf) about how left n right are the same just at different ends of the spectrum and something people need to go beyond and my comments, a few, which others agreed on are gone..

Anyway mans gonna give me shit about that huh? No real Anarchist would vote, voting is a crime against humanity, a crime against your fellow man, because it is helping to support and perpetuate a system that does not support the people, it enforces the legitimacy of a false authority over the people therefore slavery of the human race..

A BIG FUCK YOU TO WHO EVER KEEPS DELETING MY FUCKING POSTS.

And by the way NATURAL LAW just in case anyone gets confused, IS NOT DARWINISMS LAW or law of the jungle.

27d827f466e2926d4b6--patriotic-quotes-samuel-adams.jpg

Black-Anarchy-Flag-90834.gif

void gaze

Reaction score
It’s interesting that he’s both farthest left and maybe the most electable. But if he gets the nomination the right will respond with unheard of levels of red-baiting and anti-semitism, and if he gets elected there will almost definitely be a coup. (IMO)

Milodanjo

Reaction score
New polls show sanders taking the lead over creepy blood eyed joe. He's the last offramp from the apocalypse, would do a lot of good for a lot of people for him to get in. It's already class/civil war, but weve got one hell of a fight coming if Bernie gets the nomination. Rumor has it that trump is secretly concerned about Sanders. It's always a good sign when porky gets The fear put into him. The election is just the beginning, and that will mean a country filled with opportunity for any traveler politically motivated to take it. Bernie or bust!

superphoenix

Reaction score
If Bernie doesn't win the White House (and he is very close to clinching the nomination now based on the polls), Trump will knock out another centrist Dem and keep the White House.

And because of stagnant wages, growing disparity between rich and poor, a shrinking middle class, and an ineffective Congress, we're not far off from class war if it's four more years.

That said, the long game at this point is the Rust Belt, especially Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Personally, I'm going to try to register as many willing people in PA as I can to avoid another Trump victory.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads