Bernie Sanders (1 Viewer)

Older Than Dirt

Vagabond
Hometown
Upstate
If the Dem party put Sanders as the nominee in 2016, he would have won, and we wouldnt even HAVE trump.
Of course we'll never know. And i have made this argument myself. But the fact is, Bernie Sanders endorsed Hillary in 2016, and campaigned for her. It wasn't enough to beat Trump.

And @Older Than Dirt I dont trust any fucking party that still continues a vote during a nationwide pandemic. The fact they did not suspend the primaries is one of the most irresponsible things I've ever seen from a 'Democratic' institution.
This doesn't make sense.

So the Democratic party is to blame that Sanders insists on continuing the primaries, despite the fact that it is impossible for him to win the nomination?

If the Democratic party had suspended the primaries in the wake of COV-19, the Bernie fans would all be screaming it was an establishment plot. Because if the primaries were to be suspended, then the nominee would have to be the one with the most votes before that (Biden, 52%).

Or do you think the Democratic party should have suspended the primaries and made Bernie the nominee because he has 39% of the delegates?

The Democratic party can go fuck itself. It has COMPLETELY written off the progressive wing of the party, and that will be its downfall.
I think what you mean is "The Democratic party can go fuck itself. Democratic primary voters preferred someone i don't like." No one has "written off the progressive wing of the party"; Biden has adopted several of Warren's policy proposals. And will probably adopt some of Bernie's.

The reason Bernie is not going to be the nominee is that black folks over 30 won't vote for him. Period. Not because of the sinister moves of Party elites.

Bernie and Warren will both endorse Joe Biden and campaign for him, because they know what's at stake.

Last edited:
We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Older Than Dirt

Vagabond
Hometown
Upstate
everyone who is right in the head knows that Trump won because people didnt like hillary.
Just have to add- Hillary got 3 million more votes than Trump, which was more votes than any other Presidential candidate in history.

Trump won because he got very very lucky in the Electoral College, not because Hillary was an unpopular candidate.

Incidentally, i supported Bernie in 2016 and voted for him in the NY primary (and for Hillary in the general).

OTTERWOLF

The Shabbos Goy
StP Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Hometown
East Derby, CT
Coywolf

My friend... what you wrote in your post @ 3.38pm yesterday, that's literally what I wrote in my brief comment which you felt was stupid !!

I'm sorry you felt that way, but... my point was if the Left remains fractionalized, then the same thing that happened last time around will happen again in November, and I added some sarcasism that I hope those who hate Biden are happy with the outcome.

And, as OTD correctly observed, it's all about the electorial college, not the popular vote, and that is something that angers me very much.

I for one would have been very happy had Clinton won the election last time around.
*And before you ask, I'm a member of the Working Families Party.....

Cheers Mate.

OP
Coywolf

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Hometown
Northern Arizona
Website
www.youtube.com
@Older Than Dirt yes, I know that the losing candidate would probably support the candidate, the whole "lesser evil" mentality.

And the reason I say what I said about the primaries, is because the government is issuing guidance that essentially says "STAY HOME" yet the democratic party issues different guidance. I severely doubt many Bernie supporters would call "foul" if the primaries were suspended. Bernie himself was one of the first politicians to come out supporting the "stay home, social distancing" guidance.

Hillary was an INCREDIBLY unpopular candidate. So unpopular, in fact, that many lifelong democrats voted for Trump instead of her.

All you have to do is watch the many voter interviews after the election to see that.

I know how this country runs its politics. It's an oligarchy, and has been since Regan, even before Regan...but that doesnt mean I have to like it.

With Biden as the next option, I have a very heavy conscience in continuing that bullshit the wealthy class has given us as a "choice".

OP
Coywolf

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Hometown
Northern Arizona
Website
www.youtube.com
@OTTERWOLF I may have missed the sarcasm, if that was the case, in your previous post.

If that was the case, my bad.

I have invested so much effort into the cause that may pull our country out of the money-fueled plutocracy we currently live in, that after these results, twice, I'm just starting to lose hope. It's really, really sad. I'm not sure, after looking at the primaries, that our country deserves anything more than what we currently have.

OTTERWOLF

The Shabbos Goy
StP Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Hometown
East Derby, CT
Coywolf
I wholeheartedly agree and can understand your frustration, as it's very hard to keep hope alive, especially in these times.

Have a Good Night !!
I'm attempting to finish my census 2020 now...........

blank

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Hometown
South
I'm not sure, after looking at the primaries, that our country deserves anything more than what we currently have.
"Every nation gets the government it deserves."

It's a depressing way to look at it, but it's probably half true. You should look at the fact that our representative democracy doesn't always reflect the will of the people, if you want to be less bummed out. There is a severe lack of real education on subjects now. It's mostly just people who have a feeling and read or hear a phrase that interacts with their emotions and boom that is their new core belief and no amount of evidence to the contrary will sway them. That and people are so overconfident, like what they think can't possibly be wrong because they are the one who thinks it. Just becomes pure sloppy ideology.

Seems to me like when people financially struggle they tend to become more emotional, leading to things being more about psychology than economics or civics or philosophy or whatever, resulting in poorer choices overall which can exacerbate the issue. Might be in kind of a negative feedback loop with this shit right now.

My hope is basically in a beneficial fluke happening and people irrationally latching onto something advantageous for the working class by accident. Rising tide lifts all ships and shit. I really don't want to vote for Joe Biden but I can't relate to the impulse to burn the whole thing down because we didn't get our ideal choice. But at the same time maybe they need 4 more years of Trump to see how bad this is and actually learn. Or maybe they wouldn't learn from it and 4 more years of Trump will just be 4 more shit years. This is the most uncomfortable choice I've had to make in a while lol.

OTTERWOLF

The Shabbos Goy
StP Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Hometown
East Derby, CT
wow... !!

blank
man, this:

You hit it. You really hit it there.....

I was thinking just yesterday about how there once was a period of time where I felt that abstaining was a legit form of voting if one was not happy with either choice [and to an extent, I still feel this way... because being forced to choose between two bad options is insulting to one's intelligence...] BUT whoa... the Trump.... I still can't believe that he ended up being the Republican choice for the man to steer the ship - it's beyond belief !!

But the Trump became master of one thing no one else in recent times was able to do -right wrong or indifferent - and that was become the master of the catch phrase, the slogan - be it "Jail Hillary" or "Make American Hate Again", oops I mean "Great Again"... and the people bought it hook line and sinker.

Many of my friend to the Left were so against the idea of Clinton being elected, that I soon realized that if this was any indication on how the left really felt, then it was going to be real easy for that buffoon from Manhattan to win, which of course he did thanks to our rigged system [*Trumps words too !!] which uses the electorial college to elect the president...

Yes - as far as the United States goes.

But No as far as other parts of the world go where their rulers [for lack of a better word...] are often put in power, and the people have no say whatsoever, and are often persecuted greatly as a direct result.

blank

*those prophetic words which you have spoken are truly what's going to happen here this time around !!

Please people, we gotta at least try to vote the Trump out of office, and if Joe Biden is the man that is up against the Trump, then Joe Biden's got my vote.

Time to batten down the hatches, things are about to get real bad out here.................

Anarchy Peace FREEDOM and Love..............

Big George + Loki the Dog xoxo

Older Than Dirt

Vagabond
Hometown
Upstate
I don't think there is going to be anyone who posts here who is going to say "Joe Biden is my #1 choice!"

But he will run on the most progressive, left platform of any Democratic candidate in history (just as Hillary was to the left of any previous candidate, whatever some want to believe). Bernie, Warren, AOC, etc have been very effective in pushing the party to stop being scared of what Republicans will say, and push for things that help ordinary people.

And the alternative is Trump unleashed, as an unimpeachable King and dictator. There might not be a 2024 election if he is re-elected.

And Joe Biden is the only Presidential candidate ever who says stuff like "You're full of shit, man!", which ought to win him some points with the StP crowd.

And all this stuff about dementia won't survive hearing him speak. All humans, of all ages, make speech errors. Joe Biden has been tripping over his own tongue as long as he has been a politician (since 1973), and doesn't do it any more now than when he was 30. Trump can barely get through a sentence without evidence of dementia.

And older black folks love the man. They are the backbone of the Democratic Party, and you can't get elected without a whole lot of those black church ladies with the hats campaigning for you.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Politics & Anarchism 35
S Art & Music 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

First track of one of a solid album.
This shit is getting real, under self isolation - no, it's self quarantine now - thanks to some jerk who came to the Plant knowingly sick.
He has judged himself, as for me... my locker has been emptied because I am not putting up with that bullshit.
Looks like I just decided to take an early retirement, so on to greener pastures I go......
Be safe out there, perhaps we'll meet again when times are better.
I hope that y'all are good and safe wherever you may happen to be. Take care of yourselves, may the wind always be at your back <3
When Democrat and Republican politicians argue and fuck up so badly we end up taking 1st place in Plague Inc irl:

So, here's something great! After finally saying NO to eating carbs and sugar this morning (since that's mostly all there is to eat at home) and instead bought and ate vegetables, I actually don't have cravings anymore!

All I've eaten today is two sweet potatoes and some broccoli, and I don't have any food cravings, and I'm not lethargic!
Matt Derrick wrote on snailormoon's profile.
aww i really like your new profile picture.
Beautiful day to be alive and listen to the birds chirp, remembering to be grateful for what we have and not worry about what we have not.
Healthy in PDX. Back here after years to keep track of those bugging out and to check in on those still on the road.