Austin, TX | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

happyemil

Reaction score
I was recently kicked out of my house and I'm living in a tent. I'm thinking of relocating to Austin to live the busking life. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestion places where I can hunker down and camp for free. Preferably close to civilization so I don't have to commute too far every day. The longer I can camp there at one time, the better. Let me know.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I was recently kicked out of my house and I'm living in a tent. I'm thinking of relocating to Austin to live the busking life. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestion places where I can hunker down and camp for free. Preferably close to civilization so I don't have to commute too far every day. The longer I can camp there at one time, the better. Let me know.

Go explore the east side of town, plenty of spots out there. . .

Bradmajors

Reaction score
Hey looking to move to austin, anybody know any good punk squats or bike collective houses or anything I could crash at while I find an apartment? Have a little money to throw into wherever more if I had a bedroom, and I'm particularly good at cooking, going on beer runs and not drinking the last brew!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey looking to move to austin, anybody know any good punk squats or bike collective houses or anything I could crash at while I find an apartment? Have a little money to throw into wherever more if I had a bedroom, and I'm particularly good at cooking, going on beer runs and not drinking the last brew!

unfortunately there's not a lot of 'punks' or punk houses in austin, but it is easy to camp out till you get a place of your own.

Phoenixx

Reaction score
Originally from austin. The yuppies outnumber the scene most of the oldhead punks grew up got houses had kids. Alot of times if you cant find a decent community its cuz theyre in the woods. Shitloads of woods all around austin. Peace park is a good place to get some shade and chill during the day if you dont want to be far from downtown. Greenbelt is also good place to cool off and meet up. Walmart on slaughter is usually good spot if your traveling through just dont piss off the local bums under the bridge there.

• Useful
Reactions: EphemeralStick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads