Anyone here a fan of Black Metal? | Page 5 | Squat the Planet

Anyone here a fan of Black Metal?

John Irraka

Reaction score
Actually i'm into black metal. Started off with old school (Bathory and Celtic Frost) and do dig Old Man's Child, Satyricon, 1349, etc. Dig blackened crust as well (Iskra, Disflesh, Dishammer). Also, still panning out this variant but found out about the RABM (Red Anarchist Black Metal) movement recently. Been using LastFM to find out which bands are hit or miss with me.

Alaska

Reaction score
There are some decent RABM bands, but a lot of them are missing the point. I know it's a newer scene, but obviously the whole point of it is to be anti-NSBM movement.

It's really just pissing me off. Some kid up here decided that I'm a "poser" recently because I like both WitTR and Satanic Warmaster, Skagos and Temnozor, Leech and Absurd, etc. etc.

Fuck all of this king of the hill shit. So sick of the Anarchists deciding to take over a scene they disagree with just because "they can".

/steel reserve shit

John Irraka

Reaction score
Yeah, I've checked out some lyric content for some bands so far. Been 50/50 whether they get the point or not so far.

People toss the word poser all too willy nilly like lately. Even the obvious poser is using the word.

Meh, variation is good. What stops you from not agreeing with a musical movement you don't agree with so you can continue? Not listening to the bands associated with it whatsoever.

fateoficarus

Reaction score
There's a fine line I think between listening to a band where the lyrics are "patriotic" and mainly about history and culture e.g. Wodensthrone and sporting merchandise for an openly nazi, honestly, pretty shit sounding band e.g. Graveland. There's a lot of kids that get into NSBM more for the image and mystique than really enjoying the sound, and yeah, those kids should be addressed.

Alaska

Reaction score
My post up there is just... just bad. Glad you guys got the point, though.

More often than not, the kids who get into NSBM for the image have mostly gotten into black metal in general for the image. They have a fun time with their "hail satans", the corpse paint, the Immortal videos and Gaahl worship. They skim the inherent memes and jokes within the scene, then they just use it for novel value. Which, admittedly, is easy to do.

I mean, when most people know of your genre of choice because of a .gif of Abbath counting his tootsie pops, you can only expect the worst.

Avering

Reaction score
Oh, you should check out Les Legions Noires.....They're one of the most interesting black metal circles. I'm into a lot of modern black metal.. some of my favorite bands are Morose, Les Discrets, Peste Noire... I really like LLN though, they have some really good ideas/music.

Everytime I look up new BM listen to I inadvertently am drawn to the Nordic bands, unless its depressive black metal which is my other fave. There is some quality in there I seem to like...feed off of even. Its all very comforting.
And it can never become too commercial no matter how its marketed which is the best really.

John Irraka

Reaction score
Everytime I look up new BM listen to I inadvertently am drawn to the Nordic bands, unless its depressive black metal which is my other fave. There is some quality in there I seem to like...feed off of even. Its all very comforting.
And it can never become too commercial no matter how its marketed which is the best really.

I discovered Emancer recently and they're rather interesting. progressive black metal. I usually dig melodic, semi melodic, old school and a bit of symphonic. Emancer caught my attention with the unique approaches.

Also, Siebenburgen is a decent swedish black metal group. Semi melodic, use of female backing vocals, no keyboards. I heard they went for a bit of a progressive approach with their sound recently. But, haven't been able to track down any albums to confirm or deny the claims.

Vixious

Reaction score
Burzum was ok before he started making white supremist new age music while in prison. Ive always loved Dissection, last album was just ok but the early shit is insane.

Vixious

Reaction score
Last I heard from the Burzum camp Varg is trying to distance himself as far from it as possible lately. Given the can of worms he opened it's no wonder!

He managed to do something almost impossible, make music SO bad you're torn as to which is worse, the music or the racism.

shitbagdanny

Reaction score
aaskereia.
xasthur.
stardust.
silencer.
satanic warmaster.
sargeist.
faargtrund.
and the jonas brothers.

Keyser Soze

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
BMORE rep- NUX VOMICA

and yeah i know it's not "black metal" and i dont give a fuck.

p.s. i know from experience bands hate it when their fans sit there and try to classify them into a fucking category. just saying. enjoy NUX!

aaaand my homie Rich with the brooklyn 3 piece. Vise Massacre-

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads