Anyone here a fan of Black Metal?

Odal

Reaction score
Awesome videos in this thread, hahhahahaha.

Mayhem is coming to where I live, 7 days before I turn 18, in a nightclub. I saw them in Norway a few years ago at a youth festival, so at least some Canadians can see them! Can't be to upset about it I guess. They play in Vancouver on 4/20, that's planning right there.

Anarcrust

Reaction score
Any of you folks like Taake? They're one of my fave bands these days. Got the old school second wave black metal vibe but more talanted at their instruments. Sick stuff

Reactions: Swing

Alaska

Reaction score
"hands down 'satanic warmaster' best black metal band of all time there fuckin amazing"

You didn't get into him cuz of Greg and Paul and them, did you? I got them into that band because of the song Pentagram and Wood, and they haven't looked back since. It's pretty funny how obsessed with that band they are now.

And yeah, that is the whole movie. Like I said, not for everyone. Getting high and watching it might be a good idea.

KrustyDaKlown

Reaction score
AHAHAHAHHAHA fucking fetus i knew u be on this thread
but alot of good bands mentioned on here life lover, LLN, Wovles seen them way back on noctis one fucking amazing moshed with the drummer hope to see them agian or fucking iskra fucking love to see them ur right fetus we need more blackened crust like fuck so many good bands here
but the thing i love most of all is my dawn of the black hearts back patch with three sprems stickers going for his brain matter

once i get home ill put it up
an we got to hitch to ohio odal \m/

lobotomy3yes

Reaction score
I haven't listened to a whole lot of BM other than the popular stuff (mayhem, burzum, etc.), but I am a HUGE Windir fan. More folkish black, but yeah I love fucking Valfar.

Odal

Reaction score
If you enjoy the music of Wolves in the Throne Room, I would highly recommend these three similar Cascadian bands. Leech, Skagos, and Fauna. They are all amazing, this is Skagos' interpretation of Vastness and Sorrow, the name is the next part of the lyrics of the song.

...of this empty land

lobotomy3yes

Reaction score
If you enjoy the music of Wolves in the Throne Room, I would highly recommend these three similar Cascadian bands. Leech, Skagos, and Fauna. They are all amazing, this is Skagos' interpretation of Vastness and Sorrow, the name is the next part of the lyrics of the song.

...of this empty land

I fucking love Leech. I was exposed to them randomly years ago at one of those 10+ band shows. Mainstage band sucked, so I went upstairs and discovered Leech. Couldn't believe that nobody was up there listening. I'll have to catch up on them..

EDIT: I know that Leech broke up, but their myspace profile is gone too. You know where I might find their music easily? I am sure I can get it on soulseek, but I'll probably download a shit ton of other "Leeches" before I manage to get the right one. I've got the Mania album (member from Leech), but nothing from the original band.

simpletoremember

Reaction score
Second star to the right and straight on till morn
Website
myspace.com

Been listening to a lot of Darkthrone and Merciless Death lately, just heard the new Burzum album (I thought it wasn't as good as Varg Vikernes' earlier stuff but I still liked it)

I just sort of started getting to to Black Metal... and the history behind some of the bands, I just finished the book 'Lords of Chaos'.

I also enjoy Wolves in the Thorn Room, but are the Black Metal? I thought they were a bit more Ambient

simpletoremember

Reaction score
Second star to the right and straight on till morn
Website
myspace.com
I fucking love Leech. I was exposed to them randomly years ago at one of those 10+ band shows. Mainstage band sucked, so I went upstairs and discovered Leech. Couldn't believe that nobody was up there listening. I'll have to catch up on them..

EDIT: I know that Leech broke up, but their myspace profile is gone too. You know where I might find their music easily? I am sure I can get it on soulseek, but I'll probably download a shit ton of other "Leeches" before I manage to get the right one. I've got the Mania album (member from Leech), but nothing from the original band.

Thou/Leech Split.
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service@@AMEPARAM@@Filename:</font> <font style="font-family:arial; color:#FF6700; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold;">Leech_Thou__We_Pass_Like_Night__..rar@@AMEPARAM@@Leech_Thou__We_Pass_Like_Night__..rar

There are probably more... Try and google "Leech" "Metal" and "Blog". There are tons of different music blogs with downloadable links for complete albums. Usually they're zip or rar files. So you might have to download WinRar.

Odal

Reaction score
Not sure what song you heard, but Wolves are most definitely labeled as Black Metal amongst everyone I know. Ambient Black Metal, actually, so you're right also I suppose.

And yeah, that's my favorite tape! Got it sitting in front of me haha.

5ealchris

Reaction score
I greatly prefer the 1st wave of black metal over the 2nd wave, and modern black metal.

Stuff like:

Bathory, Sarcofago, NME, Venom, Hellhammer/Celtic Frost, Blasphemy, Bestial Warlust, Mystifier, etc

I do enjoy some of the 2nd wave stuff a bit also, but modern black metal doesn't do anything for me. I've found that, that they either try to hard to replicate the raw sound of the 80's bands and they fail, or they're too influenced by ambient or folk and don't sound really sound like Black Metal. But I haven't really looked to deep into it so, I might be totally wrong.

Reactions: miklo

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads