slurricane

Reaction score
i see you mentioned 'real screamo'
i.e joshua fit for battle, second story window, ordination of aaron, mohinder
yeeeee
don't know too much about da blax mets

Moldy Dixie

Reaction score
Darkthrone, Venom, Burzum, Immortal, early Bathory, early Satyricon, Carpathian Forest, Mercyful Fate, War Against Christ, MayheM, Emperor, Celtic Frost are the main 'pure' black metal bands I listen to, as well as Crystalmoors (black celtic metal) Behemoth, Vader, and Belphagor (blackened death metal), and black thrash like Sodom or especially Witchaven. found a decent blackened crust band called Lago too. and honestly, early Dimmu Borgir, before they changed their logo, wasnt bad. fuck 'black rock' though

iSTEVEi

Reaction score
I was pretty big into Black metal a few years ago but it got boring pretty quick.
Still listen to it but mainly early stuff like Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Bathory, Venom, Bulldozer, Sodom etc. and early Norwegian stuff like Burzum, Darkthrone, Forgotten woods etc.

A lot of decent Blackened Crust bands around too.

Reactions: Moldy Dixie

Moldy Dixie

Reaction score
yeah, thats what Im mostly into, mostly now I just listen to Burzum, Venom, Darkthrone, and Whichaven

Dukkha

Reaction score
Vancouver, Unceded Coast Salish Territory
Panopticon is one of my favourite projects. Appalachian one-man anarchist bluegrass black metal. Its mostly USBM and Cascadian BM and depressive BM for me as well as like scandinavian first and second wave stuff. but of the former: Mania, lake of blood, Iskra, WitTR, Alda, Skagos, Ecocide are a few that I like.
If you like atmospheric stuff, listen to Fauna and Vaiya.

Reactions: salxtina

Dane

Reaction score
Im glad some people on here listen to the classics, some bands that might not have been mentioned, Kvist, Isengard (Fenriz of Darkthrone, its folk black metal) Masters Hammer, Vulcano, Root, and Urfaust
The next two are more epic sounding-Summoning, Nazgul,

Axegrinder

Reaction score
I have been listening to a lot of Make A Change Kill Yourself and Suicide Euphoria, Sterbend, Satanic Warmaster, Silencer, Ad Hominem, Lifelover and Trist. I have not been on here in so long but love to see people love black metal so much. I recently checked out some of those NSBM bands a buddy of mine was listening to and for the most part I can dig the music itself but I am not really a fan of the lyrical content but I do respect it as black metal. Black metal is supposed to be just out there so I guess war like themes is no worse than singing about raping christ with a cross. I dunno. Blackend crust though is where it is at! Book of daedra is siiiick! Except Book of daedra is a one man d-beat black metal project its good shit. Right now I am playing in a DSBM band got to say man I love black metal and everything about it. It is the only music that exist that I can truly understand. It speaks to me and puts me in trances. Try meditating and practicing Yoga to Make A Change Kill Yourselfs song Chapter 4. 25 minutes of pure bliss.

Reactions: Tony and iSTEVEi

Erable

Aspiring journeyman
Reaction score
I have not heard either of those bands... but anything "n' roll" sucks so I wont seek them out.

I do like shitty blackmetal sometimes though. Not shitty in the way fascist first-wave blackmetal was shitty, well, I guess I do sometimes like that to... but shitty like recent Dimmu Borgir and other blackmetal-influenced-pop.
blackmetal influenced pop...
Like what? I only want to hear this for the novelty of seeing what blackmetal influenced pop is like.
Personally I'm not that immersed in black metal, but I have a lot of respect for the genre, and hope to make some cool blackmetal esque stuff some day.
What I listened to when I was a little more into it was peste noire, burzum, alcest, and silencer(I loved silencer)
what do you guys think of Alcest? A lot of people have the whole "they're not trve kvlt black metal, bullshit" mentality.

Tony

Reaction score
Check out Lorn...from Italy. Excellent, if you enjoy hypnotic, trance inducing guitars, drums, and atmosphere..side project Nordheim is extremely good as well, if you can find his stuff ; ) from Italy as well, pretty sure he only released 1 demo. Picked it up in San Fransisco. Enjoy, to all who desire to listen. For Lorn, the album Towards The Abyss Of Disease has been my prime enjoyment from them for years.

Erable

Aspiring journeyman
Reaction score
Oh, hey, I forgot about this thread
Akitsa, Angmar, Dark Tribe, and most of all Coffinworm are sick
Coffinworm is like a doom/black metal mix, which just gets me right at home.

shabti

Reaction score
This thread was way useful for a few reasons :
1: I'm happy to know that its not just obscure hardcore punk bands that kidz are into.

2: found a bunch of bands to check out .

I'm not big on labels, but recently I've been getting into the "blackened" genres . Skeletonwitch for power thrash riffs. Darkthrone's new stuff isn't metal at all. It's like symphonic blackened crust punk. ( check out circle the wagons ) and the rest are death metal for me. Cannibal corpse took it to the next LEVEL on torture with " scourge of iron " death's spiritual healing album is good. Meh. To be honest , I've been trolling blues, bluegrass , and Americana recently. Definitely gonna check out some of these bands though.

stormcrow

Reaction score
Website
deposed.bandcamp.com
I've been mostly listening to atmospheric black metal from the Pacific NW lately. There is a lot of really good stuff going on. Atriarch, Ash Borer, Wayfarer, Wolves in the Throne Room and Agalloch have been getting a lot of play at my place lately. I also dig some of the older Norwegian stuff like darkthrone, burzum and Gorgoroth, but the newer, aatmospheric stuff feels really heavy.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forum Fiend v1.3.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads