Anyone here a fan of Black Metal?

Odal

Reaction score
It's an old Rune, nazi's stole at one point from the pagans, but I like to carve into things inverted meaning basically the opposite of it's positive meaning which the Nazi's seemed to like.

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
WTF?! So glad to see we have some fellow fans here on STP! Ok for DSBM (depressive, suicidal black metal) I really love Lifelover, Nyktalgia, Forgotten Tomb (Disheartenment!). No one has even mentioned these bands, except for Lifelover! I love all sorts of bm. Silencer, Coldworld (beautiful melodic tones) Wolves in the throne room, Sun O))) (drone), I highly recommend Semargl (satanic bm..but awesome riffs! Check out *attack on god* my fav track is *pure hatred*) v:28 (industrial bm), I could keep going. lol I grew up on grunge first (jr high) then goth/industrial and just made my way slowly in the bm scene. I still listen to a wide variety of stuff...but I love the grymm!

Odal

Reaction score
I like most of the bands you mentioned, Coldworld is weird though, I listened to their demo on mushrooms when it came out and it scared me bad enough to set me into a bad trip. Well it wasn't scary, but the happy-suicidal vibes got to my head. Their full album that came out after that was amazing, should have been more popular.

Beherit, Conqueror, Black Witchery, Naked Whipper, Morbosidad and all that (humorously) Satanic (War) Black Metal type of stuff has been getting my attention lately, most people hate it. The constant pounding gets to people.

Kroda, Slavland, Arkona, Temnozor, Woodtemple and all that kind of stuff is amazing Pagan based Black Metal, despite a few of the bands having connections with Nazi ideologies, I just don't bother buying any of their releases ever, just pirate all of it. Some of the music is really complex, and the melodies kick ass.

Iskra is cool Blackened Crust, we need that genre to expand.

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
Lol man..I can only imagine (the scary mushroom trip)....one of my fav tracks by them is *Tortured by solitude*...beautiful!

I like several of the bands you mentioned as well...a few I have not listened to..but will have to check out. I love the constant pounding...lol. BM is def an acquired taste...when I was first introduced to it..I honestly didn't care for it too much to be honest. My love for DSBM developed first...then expanded further into more heavier stuff. For the record...I don't buy anything. period. lol sorry to all those bands who have worked so hard to sell records...but hey I'm a poor chick ...I get it how I live ya know...

Reaction score
i fucking love black metal belive it or not nc has some great underground black metal bands. my favorite being wolfcult feel free to check them out via myspace ........ http://www.myspace.com/wolfcultwar :goat:

thank you for the kind words about us. we aren't going by wulfkult anymore... apparently someone else had the name first. i think now we're just a symbol. doesn't matter to me i just write lyrics and "sing".
anyway if anybody is in nc we'll be playing in charlotte sunday and mooresville on feb.6.

i prefer my houseshows as i LOATHE people having to pay to see us but whatever..

thank you again,
mark/

Odal

Reaction score
What a small world, haha.

There are many different examples of multiple bands going by the same alias, but if changing the name is out of respect so be it.

I've been listening to stuff that I loved a few years ago for a few hours, like WRATH OF THE WEAK, TRANCELIKE VOID, FORGOTTEN TOMB, and SLAVLAND. I guess slavland doesn't really fit in.

Alaska

Reaction score
Borknagar are great.

Holy shit! I haven't listened to Nyktalgia in years, they were fucking amazing. Thanks!

Sterile Nails and Thunderbowels is one of my favorite songs evah. What do you feel about nattramn's Diagnose band? I haven't gave it a listen, though I probably should.

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
*I'm a evil mutha fucka Joe...you know that?* lol...

Did you know that prank call was from a Mushroom head album? The Eclipse Records version contains a hidden prank call at the end of "Bwomp" extended mix. It was originally due to appear on the Universal Records release, but due to a law suit filed by Eclipse for the way Mushroomhead left the label, it was left off the album. The band originally stated that the only reason they originally included the prank call was because the guy that made it included Mushroomhead in the conversation, as he was said to have been a big fan of the band.

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
Diagnose: lebensgefahr - Transformalin:

hmmm...different. very industrial/dark ambient type of stuff.

Just a bit of background info:

*After the release of “Death - Pierce Me”, the vocalist, Nattramn, was institutionalized in Växjö Psychiatric Ward, where he currently resides. There are rumours that he escaped once and tried to murder schoolgirls with an axe, and that he has mutilated himself, but no one knows the truth. The only thing for real is that he makes drone-ambient-darkspace music now under the name of Diagnose: Lebensgefahr.*

Lol...Diagnose is kinda wacked out stuff. Silencer was great for sure tho!

Sterile nails and thunderbowls is wicked. But this is my fav silencer song:

Alaska

Reaction score
Yeah, I know. Nattramn was one crazy bastard.

Haha! The Black Metal cookies was made by my e-friend Wyatt a few years back. I can't believe it got so big. He's the long-haired one. Fat kids in corpse paint making cookies = instant hilarity.

Ever seen the user-made video for Sterile Nails? It uses clips from Begotten. It's a pretty sick video, and although the movie is definitely not for everyone, I fell in love.

This is officially the kvltest thread on stp. Thanks for keeping it alive, everyone :p

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
I haven't seen the video..or the movie! Is the vid on youtube? I couldn't find it...as far as the movie goes...I'll have to download that and check it out.

wait? is this the entire movie i just stumbled upon???

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7973225371449473825#

This is def the kvltest thread here. lol grymmm. hehe We should post some of our fav vid's/songs? If ya want..

here's one of mine...

There's a few live vid's of this..but the sound quality is crap. Love industrial bm!

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
Oh,
To continue with my habit of talking about quazi-blackmetal bands,

JohnnyX and the Groadies is the best band you will ever see. Go to Portland and see them now.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads