simpletoremember

Reaction score
Second star to the right and straight on till morn
Website
myspace.com
wow....

damn am i disapointed

well..where should i go then?

If you are heading for NorCal. Mt. Shasta is pretty nice in the Summer, and Early Fall. I was there camped out for a few weeks in September last year. It was beautiful.

gangleri

Reaction score
Humboldt is pretty alright. Arcata itself isn't too great. The library is alright, the bougie grocery stores are easy to steal from, and theres a couple of decent dumpsters. The cops are everywhere around the square in downtown, and obviously are real fuckers. I'd recommend the woods, mountains, and beaches more than the actual town. Everything just outside of Arcata makes the town itself worthwhile. As far as the southern county goes, its incredibly lush and gorgeous, but if you're hippy-intolerant, steer clear.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Fuck arcata, last time I was there kids were selling swag in the square for like $25 / 8th, and locals where fucking buying it. The pot used to be the only thing that made that place bearable, and even that doesn't seem to be true anymore. Nor cal just seems way too blown up these days (don't even get me started on willits).

soymilkshakes

Reaction score
If anyone is in Humboldt and does want to get involved with the sit, I can put you in contact with someone. I helped out a bit while I was there, they're always looking for people to go into the trees, or food stamp up some grub.

I think Arcata's pretty decent. The forest fuckin' rocks. Dumpsters there suck big time, but I'm kind of spoiled by the ever-plentiful Berkeley garbage.

toadflack

Reaction score
Humboldt County has some shitty ass cops and some psycho tweekin rednecks. Mendo is a lot better and it's easy to find work there.

• Useful
Reactions: Mankini

Salem M.

Reaction score
Humboldt County... I've been here for four years so far, going on five come march, and have noticed that it is indeed a mecca. But I disagree with Widerstand. I believe it to be extremely nice up here, I enjoy the people, well most of them, and I also believe the pot is the best out of anywhere.(haven't been to Amsterdam, though).

I believe that everyone should come up here to atleast vist for a few monthes. Anyhow, peace be with you all, smoke your herbs and chill.:crew:

FuckYeah

Reaction score
mad weed kickdowns and an easy hitch to eureka for a shower and a meal from the raven project if you can pass for under 21. hella wild rasberries and a couple houses have apple trees, veggies and bread from the endevor, but not one pair of freshie socks in the whole damn town.
but really fuck arcata. those redwoods stole my lady from me. i got real sick of hippies in about five days.

menu

Reaction score
Widerstand said:
If you took Eugene, OR and put it in a slower cooker and boiled it down and dumped it out and sticky mass would Arcata.

old post but fuck. this was just funny as shit wider. and so so true. I usually avoid Arcata my self

bfalk420

Reaction score
arcats is so fucking lame..unless your one of those annoying pot worshippers
garbervilles cool..small but it was alot friendlyer then arcata when i was there
Garberville is good and friendly if you're only there for a couple days.Willits is pretty chill too.

flashinglights

Reaction score
people in town are friendly, cops giving random tickets to peaceful hippies in the plaza kind of ruined the vibe for downtown for me though.

the abandoned rail line has a lot of jungles still there, probably my favorite thing about the place. someone wrote 'chinese slave labor' on the track so I'm guessing there is a lot of interesting history in the area.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads