always wanted to go to Arcata,Ca.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
arcata is only good to camp on the beaches or the art celebration thingy is pretty neat. pretty cheap/free. but other than that many hairy people and pretty boring.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Agreed that Arcata is kind of lame. Luckily last time I went through there I only had to stay about 5 hours. They will let you use the net at Humboldt State, even set up a guest password account thing for you that's good for a year.

Anyway, got sidetracked.

Northern California is pretty beautiful though, with a lot of great places to camp.

M

Mouse

been there. it's kinda lame for any long stay but it' nice to pass through.

VERY not dog friendly town. they told me I couldn't have my 6month old puppy "stagnant in the downtown area" because he was napping under a bench by the park. you must keep your dog in motion at all times or get outta downtown. it's stupid.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i say northern california is beautiful but thats just because thats where im from. Lots of nice people(well most of em) who love to pick up hitch hikers and feed em. Never spange when passing through redding though. Its Spanged the fuck out. People actually freak out and yell at you if you ask em these days haha...my bad. but it has amazing places to camp and most of the squats are pretty clean.

mkirby

Reaction score
Website
meredithkirby.com
Northern california IS beautiful. (Check out the redwoods) and I do actually like Arcata. Idk how it is for camping and stuff because the last time I was there it was a road trip in a car. But everyone seems really nice there. And everything smells like weed. Like the whole town is stoned off their ass.

Nym

Reaction score
Humboldt is a chill area but very hippie
but its still a very pretty area to visit.
i like the redwood trees up there.

muppet

Reaction score
sometimes people in arcata can come off as snobby...they view the town as being this bubble they feel a need to protect and really that is not far from the truth. kids come through arcata all the time expecting it to be like it was in the 90s but it's just not the case. those that were kids in the 90s are now in their 30s and have settled there, are not really studyin' anybody else.

Reactions: Mankini

logan714

Rev Quay Lude The Church of the SubGenius http:
StP Supporter
Reaction score
sometimes people in arcata can come off as snobby...they view the town as being this bubble they feel a need to protect and really that is not far from the truth. kids come through arcata all the time expecting it to be like it was in the 90s but it's just not the case. those that were kids in the 90s are now in their 30s and have settled there, are not really studyin' anybody else.

shit in the 70'and 80' you could find roaches laying on the sidewalks

now it just sucks I lived in there for 5 years and left when the yuppies moved in

you know you used to be able drink on the plaza

fuck it now another lost place When NCRR gets fixed I'll ride it agen It's a cool ride

logan

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads