All that BullShit about the collapse of Civilization

P

pigpen

That was a really interesting article you posted! It makes me rather wish that McCain had gotten elected, because at least people would be less divided over arbitrary lines... it's amazing how short-term the public memory can be.

we gotta get a complete batshit crazy sociopath in there, let rome fucking burn

plagueship

Reaction score
i don't know what anyone could possibly see in these apocalyptic fantasies other than a sense of solace for those who can't admit that we are all powerless against something as massive and powerful as the sweep of history, the totality of human civilization or even the current state of politics in the u.s. i guess screaming "down with them all!" is easier and more enjoyable than actually trying to make sense of any of it.

really, where exactly could you get such optimism? from 10,000 miserable years of human history?

Reactions: dprogram

dprogram

Reaction score
kid i do understand perfectly how the government works.... im not out of the loop whatsoever... and misguided on obama... no i understand just fine. thank you for your concerns... but i got it.... obama had made promises during the time when obama and mccain were going against eachother.... mccain was the one that said he guaranteed to try his hardest to get us out of the slump this economy has become. obama has promised everything of the universe and heaven along with angels to do so not just try but do so. in fact did you watch his oath at all? i was still a kid but i got the gist of it. he did not want his middle name said as he made the very oath to uphold this country as a free nation. his middle name Hussein is the very same name of a very well known terrorist who was apart of terrorist actions one way or another... i do admit Saddam Hussein is someone i have yet to research and the keyword is YET. i research alot of things. i had newspaper clippings from when obama finally won the race to presidency and he had help with the knockout of the other candidates. he had won the heart of congress... which is a very dangerous thing..... he is a puppet of congress and all his decisions..... besides one of the first which was to put more troops into iraq and then take them all out and put them into lybia... for more war that was not needed.... were not his own but congress whispers orders in his ear and makes it sound like suggestions for the best for our country.... all lies or most of it anyways. the us was proud of the fact that we have the first black president besides the ones truly racist like my grandfather and my bf's grandfather amongst others were against it... what could we have done though.... nothing... it is said that a few assassination attempts have already been tried but no can do has been done.... luckily... no matter how much i dislike the man not for the fact that he is black but because he has made some very indecent moves on his part and that of congress...... i understand perfectly how wrong it is for him to be president.... with the past presidents they were not puppets but true leaders of this country... one of them being one of this countrys forefathers... we all know him unless completely ignorant... george washington..... he was a great president after they had run what was known as redcoats or the british off this land.... he fought alongside the other soldiers to do so..... have you ever seen that painting of him with one booted foot on the stern of that boat as they traveled to fight some more to rid the country of redcoats? yeah that was a good piece of art.... and he was a great president.... this president though... barack obama makes a mockery of this country AND the makings of it.... the us constitution.... which had started this country and is the foundings and base of what was and can still be a great country... obama just needs to focus on what needs to be done to get us on our feet once again.... not on our bellys fallen like a world war two soldier shot down on japanese land.... this time it just might be land of another so-called enemys metaphorical land.... we are doing this to ourselves and obama has had his hand in that fucking cookie jar as well.... or a more better term for it piggy bank..... a complete idiot who has the mind but just acts like his mind is gone and fluff in its place that absorbs moronic ideas from congress to keep this country from falling apart from its structure.... blown apart like tokyo and the tsunami that caused nuclear explosions which have transferred with radiation from food products that have survived that very self-denominating demolishing destruction because nuclear power is apparently safe enough to keep on earth. anyways we keep this up and obama and congress runs with it and us behind them this country will be nothing... and no structure... people everywhere will die, hitler era comes again with concentration camps and so forh. in fact they have already started with concentration camps... one of them being a davis-montham air force base in tucson arizona.... we are a dying nation... wether or not we sing let freedom ring... soon freedom will no longer be a bell to ring...

chatterbox mouse
Sorry but you're either a moron or were drunk when you wrote this. Hopefully you're not both.

Reaction score
nah im neither and was neither.... i have a very different way of putting things.... so im sorry if you didnt understand what i was saying or if you missed my point in what i was saying.... i am not a moron but either you were drunk when you read my post or your a complete idiot.... i hope your neither either.... goodnight....

Reaction score
That was a really interesting article you posted! It makes me rather wish that McCain had gotten elected, because at least people would be less divided over arbitrary lines... it's amazing how short-term the public memory can be. You don't have to understand economics to understand that all the issues we've been having were created or at least exacerbated by George Bush's turn at the helm, and pinning them on Obama is just an easy out. Well, maybe you do. I don't know. I am continually reminded that while a person may be smart, "people" are dumb..

What I don't understand is why people continue to take politicians' promises seriously. Haven't we been shown every four years that nothing changes significantly? Are those in power really that smart that they can satisfy the masses with a bone tossed to them here and there?

Really I just I hate talking politics with people who can't dream of a system that is neither 2-party "democratic" republicanism nor totalitarianism masquerading as communism.
thank you... last guy dprogram... actually never got what i was saying....
Cheyene, if you want anyone to take your walls of text seriously, you should break them down into paragraphs and expound on your opinionated statements instead of just stating them simply and leaving it at that. Now I'm not pro-Obama, I'm not against him either, but I am anti-ignorance, and saying that Obama is a puppet of Congress is a bloody ignorant statement. Congress is disorganized and divided, not to mention consisting of dozens of wealthy fools who, at best, might be looking out for their DISTRICT'S constituents, but certainly cannot come to any sort of blanket agreement for the good of the environment, maybe even just for the good of all Americans.
The Clean Air Act and its amendments are the last pieces of good environmental legislation, and getting even that bone tossed to the environmentalists required months of hard work, talks and compromises with the opposition and corporations (why should car manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, banks and agribusiness be the ones writing our legislation ANYWAY? That's why we elect legislators for christ's sake!)
In fact, if you made any sort of serious research into the workings of Congress and back-room deals, you would know that the President is influential but hardly the main player in the game. He can say "yes, no, maybe so" but he can't personally enact the legislation that would deliver the things he promised.
The most he can do is submit a proposal to Congress and make telephone calls to try to get someone in Congress to get that thing through the House and Senate. And when Congress is so divided, it's hard for ANY president to get anything done. The anti-Obamaites are so radically opposed to him that they will reject almost anything he puts forward, even if it would do Americans 100% good with no harm. Of course if he lets them add to the bill so that they can get tax cuts for the rich, or lower fuel mileage standards for SUVs (oh wait, they aren't regulated anyway because they aren't "cars" or "trucks") maybe the Republicans will think about it. ::Eyeroll::
The top concern of politicians in America today is re-election. Fact. If we did away with that, we might see some stuff actually get done, because they won't be too busy campaigning and fundraising to pay attention to their actual job.

And this is just one facet of what is wrong with our system of governance. To all those who claim that this is a democracy, I recommend that they do some reading up on the reality of our system. Presidential elections are bullshit, it's the electoral college that makes the final decision. And get this! Candidates for elector are nominated by their state political parties, which means that people who haven't pledged allegiance to some party, some dogma, can't even run for elector. This effectively bans from meaningful participation those who have analyzed the system and come to the intelligent conclusion that parties are nothing more than cults that discourage disagreement and debate in favor of blind loyalty and propaganda.

This is why change from within the system can never take place on the scale that it is required, for a more conscientious and peaceful government -- because what was so cleverly designed over 200 years ago has been perverted and stretched to conform to a new purpose, one that the American people did not vote on. If you want to change this society, something will have to collapse and be rebuilt. I am more interested in the rebuilding part. It would be bloody unfortunate if we made it all collapse and it turned into something just as bad or worse.
thank you for that criticism i will take action on that one.... i know about how some of our forefathers have signed the constitution.... it has conformed wrongly without votes from the people.... i do agree.. again thank you for your criticism... i will do more research later....
chatterbox mouse

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
GOOO away banks. The collapse will come with all money being useless. before or after all banks will fall. No banks, no money, no money no banks. No Money no government. No Money, no root of evil.... (by the way "the root of evil is knowledge")

B

Benny

Check out the US debt clock. http://www.usdebtclock.org/

How long do you think the government can keep spending at this rate before you can't count that high.

The billionaires know its about to collapse. They are dumping stocks and buying gold. George Soros just dumped nearly all of his stocks and bought 150 MILLION dollars in gold. Putin from Russia just bought half a billion in gold. I cant even list all of the wealthy folks and countries that see what's happening and are buying up gold. http://www.moneynews.com/Outbrain/b...-stock/2012/08/29/id/450265?PROMO_CODE=FE8A-1

Every decadent empire in history has collapsed and we are not exempt.

Well at least we can use all of the worthless dollars to wipe our asses with after the collapse.

CXR1037

Banned
Reaction score
US debt clock is shock and awe with no basis in reality. It's a big number, but it's meaningless for a country like the US.

The government should spend more than they are now because there is insufficient aggregate demand in the economy. And as long as the economy isn't at full potential, spending isn't going to be inflationary or disruptive. And because the US a sovereign monetary issuer, markets cannot do anything about it. The US can never default.

Thus we arrive at gold, the extremely volatile commodity. People buy and sell shares of it all the time. Soros sold all his gold in 2011, then bought some, then just sold some again: http://money.cnn.com/2013/02/15/investing/soros-gold/?cnn=yes&hpt=hp_t3

Collapse will happen someday, but not likely soon (who knows, maybe we'll totally pay off the debt and destroy the economy?).

cxR - modern money theory

ProletarianGuerilla

Reaction score
For those who haven't been paying any attention the world has been going through a global economic collapse since 2008 where we are drawing near its finalizing. When it happens there will be a political crisis worldwide as there will be people everywhere with zero confidence in government.

On the energy front modern civilization is collapsing due to peak oil and as of yet there is no replacement for its emerging decline to meet ongoing global infrastructure.

Alternative energies for replacement? Like what exactly?

Somebody here mentioned that if civilization collapses we will have tons of nuclear reactors around the world that would go in nuclear fallout. And? Shouldn't of built them to begin with understanding their risks but people with short term thinking without accessing future consequences built them anyways.

If anything nuclear fallout will be a added bonus to the collapse of civilization if not the quickest instrument to it.

Life will prevail afterwards.

This corrupt global civilization deserves to die.

travelin

Reaction score
uhh, the nukes just go into shutdown, the fuel is removed and thats it. no big chernobyl or even a tree mile island event(s).

they have multiple power sources external to the plants and internal also. at the worst they would SCRAM by shoving the graphite rods in and then be able to take their time removing the fuel.

global crop failure would flat put the hoopie on global civilization. aint enough food to feed everybody more than a year i reckon.

probably spark off some pretty good wars and some of them folks would go to chunking nukes around.

we figgered out how to boil water to make it do work back in the early 1800's, then came internal combustion, a technique which does NOT require petroleum products.

all a nuclear power plant does is boil water.

im confident that man aint gonna die off. we might go nuclear with the next big world war but rest assured that there is still plenty of sticks and rocks to fight the one after that.

Reactions: Odin

CXR1037

Banned
Reaction score
if civilization collapses we will have tons of nuclear reactors around the world that would go in nuclear fallout

Please show me with evidence how this is going to happen. Do you have a manual on nuclear reactors that says: "WILL PRODUCE NUCLEAR FALLOUT IN EVENT OF COLLAPSE!"

This corrupt global civilization deserves to die.

It's also responsible for a decrease in poverty, famine, disease, and infant mortality.

cxR - lots of problems in the world but your attitude is the lazy way out of dealing with them

ProletarianGuerilla

Reaction score
Travelin, yeah we can't forget the upcoming new world war also.

I have my own ideas who will be the players in that also.

Isn't civilization just grand?

To Cx,

One word. Fukushima.

You still believe that civilization can be fixed. That's cute.

CXR1037

Banned
Reaction score
You still believe that civilization can be fixed. That's cute.

Brilliant rebuttal, tons of evidence, thanks. My mind has been made up!

we can't forget the upcoming new world war also.

You should sell your insider info to MSM!!11!1!

cxR - "cynicism isn't wisdom..."

ProletarianGuerilla

Reaction score
Glad I have made up your mind CX. If you need any other advice I am around.

I don't deal with mainstream media also known as propaganda state television.

Naive optimism or hopeful idealism isn't wisdom either.

Hmmmmm.......

CXR1037

Banned
Reaction score
I don't deal with mainstream media also known as propaganda state television.

What a lazy convenient position! That way, you can never lose! Because you have faith in your tinfoil hat beliefs.

CxR - vampirism is for poseurs

ProletarianGuerilla

Reaction score
What a lazy convenient position! That way, you can never lose! Because you have faith in your tinfoil hat beliefs.

CxR - vampirism is for poseurs

So, because I don't believe or listen to propaganda state television I am a tin foil hat wearer?

What sort of bullshit argument is that?

Vampirism? WTF? Where did that come from?

Are we still debating or are you just yanking my chain?

Noble Savage

Reaction score
Civilization is based around the marketplace and the marketplace is a giant middle finger in the face of Mother Nature so she has no choice but work against it and she has all the time in the world.
The only thing that gives the old man behind the curtain any power is your fear of him. Fear is the ultimate weapon. You can hold an entire nation at "fear point".
The new cash crop in amerika today is healthcare. They tend to their crops by stressing you out because they know that stress is the major source of all illness.
Don't worry, be happy and piss off the powers that be!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads