All that BullShit about the collapse of Civilization

viking

Reaction score
It's possible something could happen. I don't buy any of that 2012 shit though.

All it takes is one idiot setting off a nuke to start a chain reaction. There's also the fact that in the universe earth is just a tiny speck of dirt. An asteroid hits us and everything's fucked. Even if NASA and other space programs knew about a possible astronomical event they wouldn't tell us so as not to cause panic.

Economically, capitalism is inherently flawed. Eventually it'll fail completely. Probably not for awhile though.

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Steven Kings The Stand.
We don't need a mad max end we need a Captain Tripps to decimate 98% of the population, and though america is littered with nuclear stuff theres more in Russia - GODSPEED!!!

cranberrydavid

Reaction score
In the early 60's when I was a kid we used to practice duck-and-cover and getting under desks and tables to hide from "A-bombs". Before that, in the 40's they were riding horse patrols on the beach here, setting boobytaps, and teaching kids to hide for when the "Japs" invaded. Before that there was the Great Depression....and so on back to the beginning of time.

Now we find that out here we're sitting on top of the Cascadia Subduction Zone and we're overdue for a 9.0 earthquake, followed by a 20 ft tsunami which will take out my house if the earthquake didn't get it first. So I keep a dufflebag of gear and a chainsaw by the door in case I need to run, and I go on with my life. There's always things to worry about. Sometimes they hit you, sometimes they don't.

My opinion, civilization is always collapsing, and there's always people propping it back up with 2x4's and duct tape. If that's all you've got to worry about, you're doing great!

No matter what happens, if you've got a skill and can actually do something useful (like farming, building, repairing, healing) you'll probably be able to get by unless you take a direct hit. That's all you can ask for.

Reaction score
i agree with dameon... kid you have a good point.... but so do the rest of you besides the fact oh mighty war loard diagaro.... you just might be stuck with a willing crew to sail away with your prize... sorry kid theres no need for violence and your dark mood fantasies of a perverted 4th of july.... or kidnapping people to the high seas... anyways the economy is failing and we are personally (the US) in debt to third world countries and nations that are similar to ours except for the fact of marxism and monarchies that still exist today... in fact its gotten so bad (thanks to our lovely puppet of congress president barack hussein obama and this government) we are falling further in debt. fuck the idea of technology furthering in cell phones and ipods and bullshit like that... ok? because its happening... we are in debt to china and japan and asian nations. in debt to many other nations and this money-owing bussiness is going to stick a steel toed boot up our ass and make sure we are further than 6 feet under. china and vietnam and etc... has been making products for this country.... so people yall better start learning chinese fast and make sure yall have asian eyes asap. china has made millions of products for this country including mcdonald toys and clothing and the music yall are listening to? chinatown may be around the corner for some of yall but china is around the corner on a fucking timeline for all of us!!!! it has been rumored that a 3rd world war is also around the corner too... but that will happen when it will. obama has been going on fancy trips not needed when that money could have been used for the debts that we as a nation owe. him and his special team of green guzzling colleagues have told all of us that they could make heavens promises happen and thats a godly vow in itself. in fact what have they done so far? put more troops in iraq and then taken them out and made war on lybia. why was that needed? it wasnt... lybia has its problems but so does the usa!!!! and its called WE NEED TO PAY UP!!! It costs to provide for the soldiers overseas.... hell it costed us for the wars we had here ON our land... like the civil war between the north and the south.... hell it costed a shitload of money to wage war on the native americans on our land and they knew them as savages... WTF!!! they had to give up horses and bury their dead and feed the people waging the war against natives. in fact it more than likely cost the natives to do so... except with a very different kind of payment.... their very lives... which brings me back to the point that our troops are dying out there and unbeknownst to them (or they just dgaf) they too are guzzling the sweet drops of benjamins right out from this spicket.... and if none of yall notice its becoming a plastic world... but what money after all is gone can be put into this plastic that we all know as credit/debit/gift cards????.... NONE. technology is crushing us because of the way it has been pointlessly misused in our name and the rest of this economies name. forests are being razed and the land is dying.... so is the very air you breathe... when is the last time you looked up and you are in fort worth, dallas, los angeles, or any city and not seen smog? well heres an answer for you how about yesterday... well guess what folks you will see it as long as you are there or anywhere. those thanks are owed to cars and the machinery that fucked up people had the balls to come up with a moving carriage that needed no team of whatever to pull it. then you got rockets... you ever seen sattelites in the sky that has made a complete orbit around the earth within 24 hours... well... how that managed that was a rocket flew into the sky and propelled it out into outer space at a certain point to the exact location of where it needed to be so it can begin its journey of earthly and heavenly photagraphy. a rocket when it launches you get that smoke and chemical into the air and which is one of the reasons for global warming.... that 2012 bullshit.... well how the earth is going to implode on itself.... not likely.... more like more horrific things than that... alot of yuppies will hate their very own existance... no money whatsoever... everyone in debt to eachother no more industrialized high tech products and the most they will be able to do is shit their pants say "oops my fucking bad what the fuck are we supposed to do now?!?!" well all i gotta say is fuck you in sign language with my middle finger..... blessings.... hope we can adapt like we supposedly did with evolution and make it in this world because of rich spoiled prissy yuppies that want their new toys and act like fucking little kids when they dont have their way... which in this case is wave guns around and shoot at eachother... what a way to live... yep chat later....

dprogram

Reaction score
Cheyenne. I think you are extremely misguided in your thoughts concerning President Obama and I wonder where your information comes from or if you even understand how our government is run.

Reaction score
kid i do understand perfectly how the government works.... im not out of the loop whatsoever... and misguided on obama... no i understand just fine. thank you for your concerns... but i got it.... obama had made promises during the time when obama and mccain were going against eachother.... mccain was the one that said he guaranteed to try his hardest to get us out of the slump this economy has become. obama has promised everything of the universe and heaven along with angels to do so not just try but do so. in fact did you watch his oath at all? i was still a kid but i got the gist of it. he did not want his middle name said as he made the very oath to uphold this country as a free nation. his middle name Hussein is the very same name of a very well known terrorist who was apart of terrorist actions one way or another... i do admit Saddam Hussein is someone i have yet to research and the keyword is YET. i research alot of things. i had newspaper clippings from when obama finally won the race to presidency and he had help with the knockout of the other candidates. he had won the heart of congress... which is a very dangerous thing..... he is a puppet of congress and all his decisions..... besides one of the first which was to put more troops into iraq and then take them all out and put them into lybia... for more war that was not needed.... were not his own but congress whispers orders in his ear and makes it sound like suggestions for the best for our country.... all lies or most of it anyways. the us was proud of the fact that we have the first black president besides the ones truly racist like my grandfather and my bf's grandfather amongst others were against it... what could we have done though.... nothing... it is said that a few assassination attempts have already been tried but no can do has been done.... luckily... no matter how much i dislike the man not for the fact that he is black but because he has made some very indecent moves on his part and that of congress...... i understand perfectly how wrong it is for him to be president.... with the past presidents they were not puppets but true leaders of this country... one of them being one of this countrys forefathers... we all know him unless completely ignorant... george washington..... he was a great president after they had run what was known as redcoats or the british off this land.... he fought alongside the other soldiers to do so..... have you ever seen that painting of him with one booted foot on the stern of that boat as they traveled to fight some more to rid the country of redcoats? yeah that was a good piece of art.... and he was a great president.... this president though... barack obama makes a mockery of this country AND the makings of it.... the us constitution.... which had started this country and is the foundings and base of what was and can still be a great country... obama just needs to focus on what needs to be done to get us on our feet once again.... not on our bellys fallen like a world war two soldier shot down on japanese land.... this time it just might be land of another so-called enemys metaphorical land.... we are doing this to ourselves and obama has had his hand in that fucking cookie jar as well.... or a more better term for it piggy bank..... a complete idiot who has the mind but just acts like his mind is gone and fluff in its place that absorbs moronic ideas from congress to keep this country from falling apart from its structure.... blown apart like tokyo and the tsunami that caused nuclear explosions which have transferred with radiation from food products that have survived that very self-denominating demolishing destruction because nuclear power is apparently safe enough to keep on earth. anyways we keep this up and obama and congress runs with it and us behind them this country will be nothing... and no structure... people everywhere will die, hitler era comes again with concentration camps and so forh. in fact they have already started with concentration camps... one of them being a davis-montham air force base in tucson arizona.... we are a dying nation... wether or not we sing let freedom ring... soon freedom will no longer be a bell to ring...

chatterbox mouse

viking

Reaction score
kid i do understand perfectly how the government works.... im not out of the loop whatsoever... and misguided on obama... no i understand just fine. thank you for your concerns... but i got it.... obama had made promises during the time when obama and mccain were going against eachother.... mccain was the one that said he guaranteed to try his hardest to get us out of the slump this economy has become. obama has promised everything of the universe and heaven along with angels to do so not just try but do so. in fact did you watch his oath at all? i was still a kid but i got the gist of it. he did not want his middle name said as he made the very oath to uphold this country as a free nation. his middle name Hussein is the very same name of a very well known terrorist who was apart of terrorist actions one way or another... i do admit Saddam Hussein is someone i have yet to research and the keyword is YET. i research alot of things. i had newspaper clippings from when obama finally won the race to presidency and he had help with the knockout of the other candidates. he had won the heart of congress... which is a very dangerous thing..... he is a puppet of congress and all his decisions..... besides one of the first which was to put more troops into iraq and then take them all out and put them into lybia... for more war that was not needed.... were not his own but congress whispers orders in his ear and makes it sound like suggestions for the best for our country.... all lies or most of it anyways. the us was proud of the fact that we have the first black president besides the ones truly racist like my grandfather and my bf's grandfather amongst others were against it... what could we have done though.... nothing... it is said that a few assassination attempts have already been tried but no can do has been done.... luckily... no matter how much i dislike the man not for the fact that he is black but because he has made some very indecent moves on his part and that of congress...... i understand perfectly how wrong it is for him to be president.... with the past presidents they were not puppets but true leaders of this country... one of them being one of this countrys forefathers... we all know him unless completely ignorant... george washington..... he was a great president after they had run what was known as redcoats or the british off this land.... he fought alongside the other soldiers to do so..... have you ever seen that painting of him with one booted foot on the stern of that boat as they traveled to fight some more to rid the country of redcoats? yeah that was a good piece of art.... and he was a great president.... this president though... barack obama makes a mockery of this country AND the makings of it.... the us constitution.... which had started this country and is the foundings and base of what was and can still be a great country... obama just needs to focus on what needs to be done to get us on our feet once again.... not on our bellys fallen like a world war two soldier shot down on japanese land.... this time it just might be land of another so-called enemys metaphorical land.... we are doing this to ourselves and obama has had his hand in that fucking cookie jar as well.... or a more better term for it piggy bank..... a complete idiot who has the mind but just acts like his mind is gone and fluff in its place that absorbs moronic ideas from congress to keep this country from falling apart from its structure.... blown apart like tokyo and the tsunami that caused nuclear explosions which have transferred with radiation from food products that have survived that very self-denominating demolishing destruction because nuclear power is apparently safe enough to keep on earth. anyways we keep this up and obama and congress runs with it and us behind them this country will be nothing... and no structure... people everywhere will die, hitler era comes again with concentration camps and so forh. in fact they have already started with concentration camps... one of them being a davis-montham air force base in tucson arizona.... we are a dying nation... wether or not we sing let freedom ring... soon freedom will no longer be a bell to ring...

chatterbox mouse
walloftext

Margarita

Sunset Follower
Reaction score
Cheyene, if you want anyone to take your walls of text seriously, you should break them down into paragraphs and expound on your opinionated statements instead of just stating them simply and leaving it at that. Now I'm not pro-Obama, I'm not against him either, but I am anti-ignorance, and saying that Obama is a puppet of Congress is a bloody ignorant statement. Congress is disorganized and divided, not to mention consisting of dozens of wealthy fools who, at best, might be looking out for their DISTRICT'S constituents, but certainly cannot come to any sort of blanket agreement for the good of the environment, maybe even just for the good of all Americans.
The Clean Air Act and its amendments are the last pieces of good environmental legislation, and getting even that bone tossed to the environmentalists required months of hard work, talks and compromises with the opposition and corporations (why should car manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, banks and agribusiness be the ones writing our legislation ANYWAY? That's why we elect legislators for christ's sake!)
In fact, if you made any sort of serious research into the workings of Congress and back-room deals, you would know that the President is influential but hardly the main player in the game. He can say "yes, no, maybe so" but he can't personally enact the legislation that would deliver the things he promised.
The most he can do is submit a proposal to Congress and make telephone calls to try to get someone in Congress to get that thing through the House and Senate. And when Congress is so divided, it's hard for ANY president to get anything done. The anti-Obamaites are so radically opposed to him that they will reject almost anything he puts forward, even if it would do Americans 100% good with no harm. Of course if he lets them add to the bill so that they can get tax cuts for the rich, or lower fuel mileage standards for SUVs (oh wait, they aren't regulated anyway because they aren't "cars" or "trucks") maybe the Republicans will think about it. ::Eyeroll::
The top concern of politicians in America today is re-election. Fact. If we did away with that, we might see some stuff actually get done, because they won't be too busy campaigning and fundraising to pay attention to their actual job.

And this is just one facet of what is wrong with our system of governance. To all those who claim that this is a democracy, I recommend that they do some reading up on the reality of our system. Presidential elections are bullshit, it's the electoral college that makes the final decision. And get this! Candidates for elector are nominated by their state political parties, which means that people who haven't pledged allegiance to some party, some dogma, can't even run for elector. This effectively bans from meaningful participation those who have analyzed the system and come to the intelligent conclusion that parties are nothing more than cults that discourage disagreement and debate in favor of blind loyalty and propaganda.

This is why change from within the system can never take place on the scale that it is required, for a more conscientious and peaceful government -- because what was so cleverly designed over 200 years ago has been perverted and stretched to conform to a new purpose, one that the American people did not vote on. If you want to change this society, something will have to collapse and be rebuilt. I am more interested in the rebuilding part. It would be bloody unfortunate if we made it all collapse and it turned into something just as bad or worse.

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Cheyene, if you want anyone to take your walls of text seriously, you should break them down into paragraphs and expound on your opinionated statements instead of just stating them simply and leaving it at that. Now I'm not pro-Obama, I'm not against him either, but I am anti-ignorance, and saying that Obama is a puppet of Congress is a bloody ignorant statement. Congress is disorganized and divided, not to mention consisting of dozens of wealthy fools who, at best, might be looking out for their DISTRICT'S constituents, but certainly cannot come to any sort of blanket agreement for the good of the environment, maybe even just for the good of all Americans.
The Clean Air Act and its amendments are the last pieces of good environmental legislation, and getting even that bone tossed to the environmentalists required months of hard work, talks and compromises with the opposition and corporations (why should car manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, banks and agribusiness be the ones writing our legislation ANYWAY? That's why we elect legislators for christ's sake!)
In fact, if you made any sort of serious research into the workings of Congress and back-room deals, you would know that the President is influential but hardly the main player in the game. He can say "yes, no, maybe so" but he can't personally enact the legislation that would deliver the things he promised.
The most he can do is submit a proposal to Congress and make telephone calls to try to get someone in Congress to get that thing through the House and Senate. And when Congress is so divided, it's hard for ANY president to get anything done. The anti-Obamaites are so radically opposed to him that they will reject almost anything he puts forward, even if it would do Americans 100% good with no harm. Of course if he lets them add to the bill so that they can get tax cuts for the rich, or lower fuel mileage standards for SUVs (oh wait, they aren't regulated anyway because they aren't "cars" or "trucks") maybe the Republicans will think about it. ::Eyeroll::
The top concern of politicians in America today is re-election. Fact. If we did away with that, we might see some stuff actually get done, because they won't be too busy campaigning and fundraising to pay attention to their actual job.

And this is just one facet of what is wrong with our system of governance. To all those who claim that this is a democracy, I recommend that they do some reading up on the reality of our system. Presidential elections are bullshit, it's the electoral college that makes the final decision. And get this! Candidates for elector are nominated by their state political parties, which means that people who haven't pledged allegiance to some party, some dogma, can't even run for elector. This effectively bans from meaningful participation those who have analyzed the system and come to the intelligent conclusion that parties are nothing more than cults that discourage disagreement and debate in favor of blind loyalty and propaganda.

This is why change from within the system can never take place on the scale that it is required, for a more conscientious and peaceful government -- because what was so cleverly designed over 200 years ago has been perverted and stretched to conform to a new purpose, one that the American people did not vote on. If you want to change this society, something will have to collapse and be rebuilt. I am more interested in the rebuilding part. It would be bloody unfortunate if we made it all collapse and it turned into something just as bad or worse.

Hey, you should check out this article, you might find it interesting:
http://www.alternet.org/world/151665/would_we_be_better_off_if_john_mccain_were_president/

(christ, I can't believe I'm actually referencing AlterNet...)

"The anti-Obamaites are so radically opposed to him that they will reject almost anything he puts forward, even if it would do Americans 100% good with no harm. "

I think the anti-Obamites are opposed to him because he's a horrible leader who inherited a mess and subsequently turned it into an even bigger mess. Not to mention he's done everything George Bush (or McCain, per the article) would have/surely would have done. Everyone who voted for him and thought he was worthwhile was an egg-sucking moron. And I don't want to sound like a republican or tea-partyist here, as I hate both parties equally...

Margarita

Sunset Follower
Reaction score
That was a really interesting article you posted! It makes me rather wish that McCain had gotten elected, because at least people would be less divided over arbitrary lines... it's amazing how short-term the public memory can be. You don't have to understand economics to understand that all the issues we've been having were created or at least exacerbated by George Bush's turn at the helm, and pinning them on Obama is just an easy out. Well, maybe you do. I don't know. I am continually reminded that while a person may be smart, "people" are dumb..

What I don't understand is why people continue to take politicians' promises seriously. Haven't we been shown every four years that nothing changes significantly? Are those in power really that smart that they can satisfy the masses with a bone tossed to them here and there?

Really I just I hate talking politics with people who can't dream of a system that is neither 2-party "democratic" republicanism nor totalitarianism masquerading as communism.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads