Advice for Showering & Staying Clean | Page 6 | Squat the Planet

Advice for Showering & Staying Clean

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I like the fact that after I shower I still can smell my own funk. I like it even better when I'm so dirty, that I have to take liek 2 or 3 showers to be fully clean again. "Crusty Hippy"

• Haha
Reactions: Mankini

coolguyeagle76'

Reaction score
a lot of things can be solved by simply taking a shower. Wherever and whenever you can. Being dirty doesn't give you crust punk points or make you ride trains better. It makes you smell like shit and contract skin diseases like staph and mrsa. So the biggest thing to do is take a shower once or twice a week or whenever offered. Remember you don't lose crust punk points if you do!

fucking traitor

Kalalau

Reaction score
if you're urban.. baby wipes, smal, don't spill in your pack, and you can wash your ass nuts pits and face (the only things that matter) not necessarily in that order.
If you're in the woods... just get some sunshine and smoke on that funk and it'll be fine.
I had staph for 2 years, and I took a shower regularly... so the whole shower thing = no staph is Bullshit.

oh and on occasion I'll fill my spacebag with water, leave it in the sun and take a hot shower for the joy of hot water running on my body.

Shade

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
its about personal comfort with me, if i feel gross ill rinse with water , if im comfy and alittle dirtty then whatever, ive never been much of a stinky person even when traveling, just BO is it, ill stink when im sweaty then it goes away....

vegetarianathan

Reaction score
Its Friday now, so I haven't showered in about a week and I don't stink. If anything, its my clothes which I haven't washed in an even longer time. I almost never wear deodorant or shower unless I feel the need too. My body tells me when the funk is coming, and I act accordingly.

Amish

Reaction score
yeah thats usualy the problem is my clothes end up smellin long before i do and i only take showers when i absolutely have to, unless i got one available to me everyday then its a bit different, but i only use unscented bars of soap preferably natural or organic and if i cant get that then its just soap, i dont care much for the fancy shit , sometimes it smells nice but t me thats about it...

vandalette

Reaction score
Honestly being on the road i always smell and when i go without a shower for a while and then randomly get the offer to shower somewhere and i do, i always feel dirtier and itchy. Soap doesn't help anything. Back in the olden days no one had soap just water and they all smelt like there natural funk and it was normal. The reason most people feel the need to use soap and all these other products that make you smell like some perfume is because of the media always advertising it and sticking it in peoples brains that you must shower twice a day and smell and look good all the time. This is a crock of shit and i'd rather be my natural self.

vandalette

Reaction score
you really think people used soap/flower fragrances to make themselves smell nice all the time. I doubt this very much so, the only ones who probably cared enough to use it would be the rich yuppies of those days.

shwillyhaaa

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i like showers, but i like dirt more
keeping yourself clean for health reasons i thought was common sense
but i guess thats just cause imma girl or something
i usually smell like dirt and veggies
the things that get crusty are mostly only my feet, hands, and neck if im wearing lots of neckalces
i agree, though
if being disgusting is the onyl way you can think of getting "punk points"
then you must not be that "punk"
considering being a punk is more political than a dirty contest.
if theres a shower , take one or at least keep the important part clean
for health reasons if nothing else

• Haha

panik

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
washing clothing is usually the best thing you can do short of showering.

yeah I don't know, I can bathe in a sink. washing my filthy, sweat-soaked clothes is usually more important to me. if you wash your shit semi-regularly it will rot less fast, also. in my head it seems like your clothing is what holds most of the nasty stuff.
there's nothing more gross to me than taking a shower then having to put on my flthy clothes...yuck!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads