2011 National Rainbow Gathering - Washington! | Page 6 | Squat the Planet

2011 National Rainbow Gathering - Washington!

omlexb

Reaction score
2011 Washington Rainbow UPDATE !!

its a group of people getting together as a family. everyones brothers and sisters and everyone loves. it a place of peace and love. just a place to relax with relaxing people to be around and not give a fuck, its a place to call home.

K

katbastard

from my sister
Pippie Hfmspring council direction should be available after june 10th..all other info can be found at welcomehome.org or hfmcrew.weebly.com or the light line number @ 509*217*6573...thanx for your patients!!!

K

katbastard

WESTERN WASHIGNTON HOLDING CAMP IS CLOSED AS OF TODAY/VERY IMPORTANT INFO

by Pippie Hfm on Monday, June 6, 2011 at 10:43am

so there has been issues since the beginning of the holding camp rush..as there is every year at the holding camps..i was offered to post direction to private land that the family could use out side of longveiw washington for a holding camp. the family that owns this land was informed on basic rainbow traditions and how to go about handling stressful situations during this period of transition from holding camp to gathering site..the mama who owns the land has been to several gathering and knows whats up..although her husband seems like a sweet guy he has made several horrible mistakes and taken my advice out of context...he has never been to a gathering or seen how thing are normally done within the family and our gathering setting...not sure on date and time on when this happened but he did take a gun out and fire it into the air screaming and being agro..not only is t uncalled for but extremely dangerous and stupid...so i spoke with his wife this morn and we have come to the conclusion that the western washignton holding camp is shutting its doors as of this morn...please do ot go there or try and contact this brother and sister about this issue..we should definitely have council on land at this year annual gathering and touch base on this issue if we choose to do so..i respectfully ask the family(land owners) to be left alone after this point i do not wish to see any harm done to this family or any extra stress put on them..although firing a gun into the air could have killed someone and that just the beginning of the list of thing that could have gone wrong..iam not condoning his action in any way shape or form..lets leave this situation to be delt with in council..if anyone has any concern please contact me and let me know what is goin on..i apologize for any and everything that has inconvenienced anyone that was in western washinton holding camp..PLEASE PASS THIS INFO ALONG

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
RUMOR CONTROL !!!

The gathering is hapening - the location
of the holding camp has CHANGED.

That is all.

I would suggest that folks who are headed out there NOW/EN ROUTE to
holding camp/seed camp to call the Washington Light Line as soon as possible.

K

katbastard

spring council direction!

spring council direction

by Pippie Hfm on Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 1:15pm

***the washginton state light line has this information as well @ 509*217*6573***
on the I-5 you are going to take exit 21 out of woodland Washington...
go east onto hwy.503
hwy 503 becomes forest rd 90
continue on f.rd 90 tell you merge to the left onto forest rd 25
go on rd 25 for 5 1/2 miles to forest road 93 or 9300
go on forest rd 93/9300 for 4.1 miles
turn right onto forest rd. 9310
got 1.3 miles to the council site..

please come self sufficient and prepared for cold wet
weather..this site will be active for a few days while we
council and wait on snow to melt..please bring food and
water and lots of love!
*remember that generally spring council location is within a 100 miles of the gathering site*

K

katbastard

• Robert Kaiser If you are coming from the west you can take the north side of the columbia river on hwy 14 then go north on wind river rd which becomes forest rd 25 follow directions from merge with 90 ie 5!/2 miles to forest rd 93 ectYesterday at 7:01am · Like

• Robert Kaiser bring lots of tarps familyYesterday at 7:02am · Like

• Pippie Hfm roads may be washed out thats why we were givin these directions to come in..just saying you might want to call on raod conditions if you choose to go a different way inYesterday at 10:44am ·

pippie

Reaction score
come to tour town hall meetings!!!

>A new spirit of cooperation between Rainbow gatherers and Forest Service
>
>A town hall meeting has been scheduled from 7:00 to 9:30 PM on June
>20th at the Skamania Couty PUD Hall 1492 Wind River Road Stevenson
>Washington. A second town meeting is schedualed in the town of
>Cougar on June 24th from 7:00 to 9:00 pm at the Yale School Gym.
> The purpose of a town hall meeting is for gatherers and the local
>community to talk, ask/answer questions, and address concerns.
>This is an open meeting. We strongly encourage all individuals in the
>communities surrounding the gathering to come meet with us and ask
>what ever questions are on your mind. We strongly encourage gathering
>participants to attend the meeting. The best way to make sure we have
>a positive impact on the community is to meet the community face to
>face. Person to person communication is very effective. As always, no
>experience necessary.
>We welcome all media to attend the town hall meeting.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
me n my girl are headed out to washington early next week. see ya'll there.

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
Hey folks I am back !

Anyway I will post directions to Spring Council here in a bit!

The word that is getting out re Spring Council is the site/area is SOAKED from snow melt.
And it is cold and wet and folks NEED to be prepared for that.

And it sounds like folks need to go to Portland and wait till gather site is announced,
unless you are wanting to be engaged and involved with Spring Council & seed camp.....

AND AGAIN... PLEASE CALL THE Washington Light Line for up to date info !!
And go to the washington gathering blog at blog spot.com - details above in earlier posts !

Peace
Linda/Ziggy

K

katbastard

ATTENTION hippies! please read and pass along

by Pippie Hfm on Saturday, June 11, 2011 at 11:18pm

i have gotten several calls today from people headed west goin to the spring council location on forest road 25..PLEASE DO NOT go this way..direction must be taking through Woodland washington due to road closers...again here is spring council locations

***the washginton state light line has this information as well @ 509*217*6573***
on the I-5 you are going to take exit 21 out of woodland Washington...
go east onto hwy.503
hwy 503 becomes forest rd 90
continue on f.rd 90 tell you merge to the left onto forest rd 25
go on rd 25 for 5 1/2 miles to forest road 93 or 9300
go on forest rd 93/9300 for 4.1 miles
turn right onto forest rd. 9310
got 1.3 miles to the council site..

please come self sufficient and prepared for cold wet
weather..this site will be active for a few days while we
council and wait on snow to melt..please bring food and
water and lots of love!
*remember that generally spring council location is within a 100 miles of the gathering site*

pippie

Reaction score
please note the above post...take direction given to spring council..do not attempt to take other forest roads due to closures!!!.....

Some say while in Washington you can experience all four seasons in one day..so please come prepared for that!! here is a small list of suggestions of must not forgets for this years gathering in Washington national forest(where about unknown still)

1) at least to pairs of clothing..so one can dry and you still have clothes to put on
2) a thin under layer like thermals...layers are key up here in the woods
3)a tarp (st least big enough to cover you while sleeping)
4)bliss wear(or a mess kit/eating utensils)
5)rope
6)sunscreen
7)bug spray(mosquitoes are bad this time of year)
8)tobacco(cause its supper expensive here)
9)good boots or watr proof shoes ( we could see muddy conditions/wet conditions)
10)a good sleeping bag and a tent for god sakes!!!

come prepared for all and everything

should have site directions soon!!!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads