Worst State to Hitch Through? | Page 6 | Squat the Planet

Worst State to Hitch Through?

Rackbone

Reaction score
West Texas: Awesome!
East Texas: Fuck this im going home.

Honestly, Illinois was BAD. the towns suck, chicagoland is a god damn jungle, and you might get dropped off in Gary.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Wyoming. It is one of the only states that have tried to outright ban hitchhiking.

urchin

Reaction score
Wyoming. It is one of the only states that have tried to outright ban hitchhiking.
It's legal, I believe, to hitch there. I walked the interstate there once going out of Evanston. Notes: the city is nice but sucks for hitching. Don't walk the interstate unless you are prepared for a TREK!

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
^Or to be attacked by a grizzly bear. Ya It is legal, but the vote for the measure was really, really close. They tried to ban all forms of ride solicitation.

rooster831

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
i've seen a lot of people say nebraska

i agree, in my experience i had more people pull over acting like they would give a ride and when u'd get excited and run to the car they'd dip out and i even saw someone laugh as they did it

fuck nebraska

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score

I had some of my best hitch's in Wyoming. Idaho was my worst. Only Mexicans picked me up. I was shocked Mexicans were that far north. Mormons suck

• Haha
Reactions: Skit and Mankini

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
I see allot a crap about Iowa, Im heading through there in July - any advoce on best rought?

I had such a weird experience in Iowa! Getting to Iowa city from MS was super easy! Like... rides in 15 mins. Iowa city to Des Moines really sucked but I lucked out. And then I took the rails out of Des Moines so idk about that

Renegade

Reaction score
Pennsylvania for me ..

LTD 85

Reaction score
Florida, and West Texas by far, I don't care how cool you are Texas hates you, and FL everyone thinks their shit doesn't stink and the whole state is owned by Yuppie Snow birds from MI, that hate street-cats because they have to put up with Detroit, Save yourself time and heartache and stay out of these spots unless you have a hotshot through. Bama and midwest get a bad-rap, just don't where skinny jeans through those spots and you won't get harassed. Long as you don't get off the main roads in the south east and mid-west. You shouldn't have to many problems
yes, i had serious issues in the panhandle with police, and i did have issues in Texas over the yrs but Orange Texas police are no fcking joke, they hate...

LTD 85

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of bad shit about hitching in Indiana, although never have myself. Nothin' but rednecks and thugs here as well. I actually just saw a traveler about 2 weeks ago getting harassed by the pigs, I think he was by himself too, and that asshole still called for back-up. It was definitely a bad spot though.. right by a state police post and shit. I didn't stick around to see what happened, but I wish I could have got there before the cops did, I would've at least taken him to a better exit.
My experience: i local hitchhiked indiana with very little gear and some issues with cops, the people were nice, i never waited long on more than 30 trips, (i like visiting parks). im older and clean cut so mayb that helped. The cops have tried to intimidate me, i simply stand in grass and not on shoulder and they have not arrested me yet..happy travels

Renegade

Reaction score
yes, i had serious issues in the panhandle with police, and i did have issues in Texas over the yrs but Orange Texas police are no fcking joke, they hate...

Yeah im from south Florida. Do your self a favor and hop on a mega bus..dont hitch there its hell.. you can get tickets from south florida to Atlanta and mobile al for 10 to 15 dollars if u buy a little in advance.. my last time getting out of her i paided 25 dollars for a mega bus ticket to Alabama from Fort Lauderdale.. a small price to pay to get out of that shithole to somewhere hitchable

• Useful
Reactions: LTD 85

LTD 85

Reaction score
The worst for me was UTAH. Im allmost certain its because of the mormon moron religion.
http://lebus.com/pickup-locations/....ive been visiting SLC since 85. ive only hitched there a few times. The link i left will help to get to wendover Nev. 22.00. Free drink, buffet, 7dollar freeplay. ive never had an issue in wendover and the rides have always came fast, going west or east. We used to catch out in SLC as the trains slows to go around corner, they put fence up but ive still caught out on corner. It seems the newer generation is catching out of Ogden for some reason. i think because the train stops in Ogden. If your going east into wyoming they have had a no tolerance hitchhike policy that was changed in court in i think 2013 but the cops dont like change, stand your ground, mayb move to grass...i try very hard not to hh Utah.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads