winterpeg!!!!

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
hey all you folks in internet land! anyone liveing in winnipeg MB right now? i'm hitching there at the end of the month from victoria BC. lived there last winter so i'm going to stay at my old house untill i can find a place. So.....
Anyone looking for a room mate or three(two friends from vic might also be going that way to settle)? or does anyone just wanna come hang out when i get there?

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
when you get there...out east, I'll visit, on my way through...keep us up to date!

U

Umbraperagro

Hell fuck »NO!!!! fuck winnipeg! fuck that speedbump frozen hell!!!! ever had your eyes try and freeze shut on you catching out? Fuck it! Prairie pride is blind and dumb...
No more!

I

IBRRHOBO

I'm from the states and it's kinda neat to see Canadians discussing an area up there. I'm curious about this post and would hope u'd answer a question concerning it.

Do ya'll dislike winterpeg as it's just a lame, cop infested asshole people town or is it more because it's hard to catch out? Also, if any of u have the time i'd LOVE a crash course on Canada as I've only been to Vancouver and that was to see a girl (yup, a bit of homeguarding, i feel so ashamed!), Anyway, thanx..........

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
It's the one of the biggest train yarded cities, with the biggest yards in the country! Not hard to catch out of. Just a hell hole.
Osbourne village is the only area i like. Called winterpeg, Manasnowba for good reason.

kai

Reaction score
the cops I've always found to be very passive if you're white(good ol' prairie racism) but I imagine they are horrible to the natives. Fucking cold you know the point where fahrenheit meets centigrade -40, well it's colder then that there sometimes. It's easy to catch out, there's good dumpsters in the osbourne village and other then that I hear there is cool kids there it's too bad they live in winnipeg because I'm usually only there long enough to dumpster enough food to get me to the next big city and a hop out.

It's got a reputation for being a bit of a hellhole, some people will agree, some won't.

syphilust

Reaction score
i noticed no one in winnipeg uses STP at least none of my friends there. i'll have to recruit them i guess.

*cough*

we can build an igloo on the riverbank and pretend to live there! and wage snowball wars on yuppies and kids whose throwing arms are deceptively accurate!

Reactions: katiehabits

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
*cough*

we can build an igloo on the riverbank and pretend to live there! and wage snowball wars on yuppies and kids whose throwing arms are deceptively accurate!

SWEET i'm down. also winnipeg is not a hell hole! it's cold and snowy but so is over 3/4 of canada. ya the cops treat ya alright for the winter but when summer hits they are just as bad as any big city OH YA and that's only if your white. if your native watch your back cuz the cops just randomly shoot native folks if your in the wrong neighborhood at night. AND winnipeg is probably the easyest place to hop out of other than jasper i'd reckon.
good folks, cheap beer, cheap rent, alright bumming, good/cheap samosas, lots of weird places to sleep.
stop hatein on the peg so much everyone.

Adonis

Reaction score
I'll vote for the fuck Winnipeg anyday! I hate most of the larger cities in the prairies. I spent a long time in the peg sleeping along side the assiniboine river in the dead of winter while working with the Laborer Ready every day. Its a dirty shit hole of a city period! and unless only visiting as a tourist for a day there is nothing I could say nice about it or "most" people in it.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ugh. not into snow. no matter how hard i try to enjoy it i just fucking hate it....

stove

Reaction score
Try snowboarding. Or "Strapping a plank to your feet and falling down a mountain," as the south american imports call it here. It's fun, painful, and you get to go fast.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
yeah, ive had the option of going but i didnt want to pay $80 for a day of face planting and getting snow curiously melting in my ass crack.

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Great placing for hopping out of, the yards are vast, numerous, and go in many directions. I am actually from Steinbach, but moving to Winnipeg when I return from my current excursion.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads